iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Underworld, Rise of the Lycans the other night.....awesome!

-

Last night I watched Blood Cult,1985.....terrible!

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mostly kids stuff for me as well. Introducing my three year old to The Great Pumkin Charlie Brown, Garfield's Halloween, The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone...hey...at least they're classics that I still enjoy!

* Shamefully...I did recently watch Hocus Pocus...by myself. Don't give up hope on me yet horror fans...I have a 100 + horror movies and hoping to start my Halloween run soon.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw EDEN LAKE awhile back and really enjoyed it. My best friend watched it with me and he was like "meh" but it was a movie that sorta stuck with me long after the credits rolled, ya know what I mean? It kinda "ruined" my day, hahaha. But as a horror movie it worked. It was POSSIBLE and those movies always scare me more than Boogie-Man stuff.

I have TRICK R TREAT in my house but havent watched em yet.

I watched the 70s movie SQUIRM sober the other day. Something told me I shoulda done a Beer Run and that somethin was right! But its a movie I remember them playing on channel ALL THE TIME as a kid so i felt like I should finally watch The Whole Thing.

Been watching a lot of GOOSEBUMPS and TALES FROM THE CRYPT with my daughter. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, I thank God for GOOSEBUMPS. Its made watching "scary shows" with my daughter so much easier. Its like from GOOSEBUMPS you work your way into watching stuff like TWILIGHT ZONE,TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE and TALES FROM THE CRYPT.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
[QB] I watched Underworld, Rise of the Lycans the other night.....awesome!

-

I like all 3 of the series... [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen the remake of Last House on the Left? I hear mixed things about it. Some say it is really just brutal and terrible. I really don't have much stomach for the torture stuff anymore like Hostel, Saw, etc. I still love my scary movies, but find myself drifting back to the old school stuff a little more (Halloween, Friday the 13th, Children on the Corn, Saturday the 14th Strikes Back [Wink] ).

I am sure my parents had a fit when they saw that stuff back then, what we were watching and were probably just disgusted. Probably just showing my age more than anything.

But what of The Last House...? More like old school horror with more "jumps" and "scares" or am I going to see stomach turning stuff...you know what I'm talking about I am sure.

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My teenage nieces hated it , were thoughoughly disgusted. they say there is no entertainment value in watching people get beaten raped and tortured. As a horror enthusiast I have to agree to a level. I much prefer suspense and The Chase then watching these movies where people are held captive and slowly humiliated and or tormented.

I havent seen the original LHOTL since I was a teenager but I remember not being very "moved " by it. then again - I like I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, so what do I know?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i haven't seen the new last house on the left and i probably won't not interested in seeing the rape and torture myself! we watched boogeyman last night it was pretty good for a older scary movie i forgot the actress from bones was in that movie it had to be her first she was very young lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I watched an old movie (dont know if its from 70s or early 80s) called DEAD OF NIGHT. This might have even been a Made For TV movie: not sure. Well, anway, it has three stories and while the first ones a dud and the second one is only mildly better the third one was a keeper (I had heard about it over the years so thats why i was looking to rent this) Its called BOBBY and its about this mother who has a Satanic ritual to try to bring her son back from the dead. And it WORKS. But liek so often happens in these movies he isnt the sweet little boy he was when he died anymore! He's E-VILLLLLL! My daughter loved it and ended up sleeping in my room alst night so while it didnt scare the crap out of ME it did work wonders for her!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night:

Poltergeist II: The Other Side

-

Not as good as the original. But compared to most sequels, it holds up well.

7/10

Tonight:

-

Anybody seen this?

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did see Let The Right One In. Highly enjoyable,but I was not as moved by it as the accolades the critics were pouring on it. Still, good story, good visuals and nice and moody. You will most likely find good stuff to like in it.
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night we watched alien movies on the amc channel and this morning i watched The Shaft on sci-fi these channels have the 30 days of halloween going so no need to put in my dvd's except for the shining which i bought on dvd and they are showing it tomorrow on amc at 6;30 p.m. rather watch the dvd uncut! i also watched ghost voyage today and part of lake dead! tonight we are gonna watch ghost town on syfy ay 9;00 in between the hockey game never saw that movie yet?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, today I went to Walmart with the intention of buying one stinking movie, but of course the good ole $5 bin immediately stared me in the eye and I couldn't say no.... and what do you know? I end up buying 7 movies! It is a sickness....All good for this time of the year though:

Maximum Overdrive:
 -

Strange Invaders:
 -

Invaders From Mars:
 -

Fright Night:
 -

Hellraiser:
 -

Prom Night II, Hello Mary Lou:
 -

Happy Birthday to Me:
 -

Should keep me busy for a while. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just rented The Deadly Friend. My sister loved that movie and we had fun watching on Turner South (GA). They fuzzied up the gory parts but it was still fun.
And since it's my birthday tomorrow, I'm going to be watching whatever movies I want.
Sleepy Hollow (Tim Burton)
Evil Dead 1 and 2
Army of Darkness
The Lost Boys
Casper (for my kid)
All my Vincent Price movies
Teenage Zombies (old old old and cheap cheap cheap)
I need to get to Wal mart if they truly have Fright Night.

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight:

Fright Night

I haven't seen this in a while.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Well, today I went to Walmart with the intention of buying one stinking movie, but of course the good ole $5 bin immediately stared me in the eye and I couldn't say no.... and what do you know? I end up buying 7 movies! It is a sickness....All good for this time of the year though:

Maximum Overdrive:
 -

Strange Invaders:
 -

Invaders From Mars:
 -

Fright Night:
 -

Hellraiser:
 -

Prom Night II, Hello Mary Lou:
 -

Happy Birthday to Me:
 -

Should keep me busy for a while. [Big Grin]

You found Happy Birthday to Me in the $5 bin??? I can't find it anywhere around here!!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
You found Happy Birthday to Me in the $5 bin??? I can't find it anywhere around here!!!

Yes!!! Suckers.... it amazes me at the movies I find in that bin that most would pay top dollar for!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
love maximum overdrive one of my favorites the wacky girl cracks me up in it with her constant yelling at her husband curtis!! lol i can still hear her squeaky yelling in my head when i think of this movie ! i watched timber falls last night and today silence of the lambs another of my faves!!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
I watched both Fright Night 1 & 2 last night. The 2nd one was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Fright Night also has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. 80s or any other time.

Armies of The Night

It's a damn shame that Traci Lind didn't star in a few more films. She was a knockout.. [Smile]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna watch Prince of Darkness. I've never seen it--hope it's good.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
wow never saw blood cult either i will have to see it now i watched the shining last night love jack in that movie! "here's johnny"!!!
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good score 80's....I hate seeing movies like Fright Night and Say Anything in the $5 Walmart bin...it's like...hey...they're worth way more than that! I almost want to buy more copies even though I already own them...it's offensive! [Frown]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
wow never saw blood cult either i will have to see it now i watched the shining last night love jack in that movie! "here's johnny"!!!

Blood Cult is a bad b-movie Buffalo, but it is a classic and has a cult following. I couldn't find it on youtube so I will post it up there myself. I'll give you the link to part 1 after I do.
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
Oh I absolutely love Prince of Darkness! This was an 80's movie (1987), so of course it rocked, but it was just so cool on so many levels. Truly a "John Carpenter movie" from beginning to end. The stark title card. The random non-sequiter style scenes and jump cuts. The great low, grumbling, repetitive synth soundtrack. Just filled with great visuals and "boxed in" kind of claustrophobic feel to it.

A good effort to be more than just a "start introducing them and start knocking 'em down" horror flick. It took a shot at physics, theology, the nature of the universe, good and evil and was filled with great lines like Anything traveling faster than the speed of light would appear to be going backward in time. and What is it? A secret that can no longer be kept.

And the oscar goes to... [Razz]

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thanks 80'srocked!! we watched 13 ghosts last night then halloween was on amc the first one is my favorite so i had to watch it !!i liked 13 ghosts great effects !!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I'm gonna watch Prince of Darkness. I've never seen it--hope it's good.

good for you! one of john carpenter's best. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home