iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm probably gonna rent "Trick or Treat" from Netflix, never seen it, but after seeing the trailer I am amped to see this!

Def throwing in Friday the 13th pt. 4...
and some other pure awesome camp-ness, guarenteed.

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Cappello:
I'm probably gonna rent "Trick or Treat" from Netflix, never seen it, but after seeing the trailer I am amped to see this!

Tim, you will love that flick. Get the soundtrack by Fastway as well. It rocks like no other complete metal soundtrack.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey [Smile] guys i love halloween i m going to start off with a nightmare on elm streat they had the special edition of it at walmart for 13 bucks just got taht [Smile] and i ll watch halloween original and new one. friday the 13ths part 1-4. probably some texas chainsaw massacre. child s play. and he knows your alone. and here are a few i want to pick up for this year
pumpkinhead
prom night 2
cheerleader camp
night school
any othere suggestions would be awesome

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you guys seen a movie called Ghosthouse? It's a creepy little haunted house movie...very hard to find, though. I watched it when I was younger. It has an evil little ghost girl and an evil doll (a clown doll perhaps???)

Also, have any of you ever seen Cassandra? That is one movie I'd love to have. Another creepy little movie I saw when I was younger.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen those two Petty. Both got bad ratings on IMDb, but what do they know.

Amazon.com has Cassandra on VHS only:
http://www.amazon.com/Cassandra-Tegan-Charles/dp/6300266885/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1222484716&sr=1-1

There is one used copy of Ghosthouse on DVD for $60 or on VHS:
http://www.amazon.com/Ghosthouse-Lara-Wendel/dp/6301140842/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1222484926&sr=1-1

They sound like interesting flicks.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked, most of my fav 80's movies have less than stellar ratings on imdb.com. Seeing some of my most cherished movies rated so low is just another reminder that the movie watching experience is extremely subjective. It's not always the quality of the movie, but it is the time, the place, the emotions, and the memories associated with a particular 80's movie that makes me love it so.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I totally agree with you Valley. Ratings on other sites or by the the so called "experts", absolutely means nothing to me. I like watching it myself and drawing my own conclusions.

The best place to get advice and reviews, is right here anyway. No site has better critics than Nick's Rewind. [Wink]

Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark your calendars! The 20th anniversary edition of Beetlejuice comes out on Blu-Ray on Oct.7th!

Ooh I love Lady in White! "Have you ever seen a dream walking, well I did...." - creeps me out to this day.

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Lady in White. I found my copy at Kroger's, of all places.

I don't listen to critics, either. I'd rather watch something and see for myself before I judge it.

And what about Mirror, Mirror? Do you guys remember that one? I wish I could find all these horror movies I love on DVD, new and CHEAP. I don't mind used, but I won't pay $60 for one movie.

[ 27. September 2008, 14:24: Message edited by: pettyfan ]

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PF, I remember Mirror, Mirror, in fact you can find all Mirror, Mirror 1-4 together in one package. Found mine quite cheap which was good seeing as I only like the first one.

I picked up the new Beatlejuice edition today in the store, looked at the special features(not many) and wasn't that impressed for how much they wanted for it $25 at best Buy, so I'm passing on it until the price comes down.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
30 Days of Night....pretty sick vampire movie.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
30 Days of Night....pretty sick vampire movie.

I started to watch that last night, but I'm not real big on vampire movies (Lost Boys being an exception). Was it really good?
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too watched a good chunk of 30 days of night. It was pretty intense but I missed the begening. I liked it and it was pretty scary.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I started to watch that last night, but I'm not real big on vampire movies (Lost Boys being an exception). Was it really good?

The beginning was a bit slow, but it helps to set up the events that will soon take place. These are a pretty scary group of vamps and there certainly are some gruesome and bloody attacks(all the better for a vamp flick). A very dark movie which takes place in a tiny town in Alaska(population - 153)where there is a 1 month period of total darkness. Definitely worth watching the whole movie. I quite liked it, but I like all vamp flicks.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Gordon, try these:

Night of the Demons, 1988
Primal Rage, 1988
Clownhouse, 1989
Hollow Gate, 1988
Flesh Eater, 1988
Lady in White, 1988
Trick or Treat, 1986
Once Bitten, 1985
Hell Night, 1981

Looks good for Halloween! Thanks... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He Knows Your Alone- also has a fall setting to it too.

It is a great scary movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the suggestions everybody!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Just watched Witchboard, 1986. Not the scariest movie ever, in fact, it's not really even that great by horror standards. In spite of all that, I must have seen it dozens of times and quite like it for some odd reason. Perhaps because it stars a young, hot, sane Tawny? Maybe because I had some extraordinary experiences of my own with the Ouija Board when I was younger. Anyway, I think it's worth watching....especially during the Halloween run. Here's a cool clip from youtube featuring the awesome track - Bump in the Night by Steele Breeze:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muy2eIhar4o

There are a couple things I noticed in this movie that I never did before.
1. There is a goof in the scene at the cemetary during Lloyd's funeral. The detective is talking about magic and says he saw Sigmund and Roy....when of course it should have been Siegfried and Roy.
2. In the final scene, ever notice how much Tawny Kitaen looks like Kirsten Dunst? Check it out. They could be twins.

Here's a bonus....check out this link for some cool stuff. You can buy and download some very rare tracks from this movie and Night of the Demons, including Bump in the Night. [Wink]

http://www.10ebrothers.com/swag.html

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let the 31 days if horror begin!

I tried to put a Halloween Countdown Clock on the thread, but everything I could find was in html code.

So welcome to "Cheerleader Camp" instead!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
80'sRocked, I actually like "Witchboard", but kept wondering when Patch got the eye transplant. These are The Days of Our Lives.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha good one valley.
i love witchboard but it used to scare me as a kid. the last time i saw it was around 15 years ago.

i want to see the lady in white. i've never seen it all the way through. i'll check the video stores, but i don't recall having seen it on the shelves.

i just added a movie to my wishlist on amazon called ONE DARK NIGHT with e.g. daily (from 1982). anyone see that one?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
80'sRocked, I actually like "Witchboard", but kept wondering when Patch got the eye transplant. These are The Days of Our Lives.

Sorry Valley....I don't get it. [Confused] Fill me in.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
That looks cool Nowhere - One Dark Night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086050/

I gotta get this one.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80srocked - the guy that played one of the main characters in witchboard was also on the long lived soap opera days of our lives. his character name was steve, but he wore a patch over one of his eyes so he was given the nickname patch.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched ONE DARK NIGHT a few weeks ago, the DVD came with a 35mm film clip included....neet swag! I hadn't seen the film since VHS days back in the 80's.

It actually holds up really well, even if the film didn't get a restoration the picture is ok for an un-restored 80's B movie that never got the love it deserved, and it is still creepy. Besides..Adam West in a serious role? Boo-Yah!

I personally like watching actual creepy movies around Halloween Time, and to me that means "no slasher flicks" since I really dont consider any of them to be, well, scary. You want scary movies? I like these...

1) Halloween III Season of the Witch. Not only does it have some really nasty gore scenes (tho some are implied if not shown), its just an absolutely damn creepy film on all accounts. The creepy synth score just puts this movie over the top. Yay John Carpenter.

2) The Thing, the John Carpenter Version *AND* The original Howard Hawks version. The first one is great, a near serious 1950's monster movie, and the 80's one is down right brutal....suspense...suspiscion..and some naaasty gore.

3) Yes John Carpenter RETURNS!!! Try PRINCE OF DARKNESS.....I remember being really freaked out by the PREMISE of the film. What if EVIL was tangible, in a physical sense...I know people mocked this movie for its "Evil Slurpy" effects, but keep that in the context of the movie (that the physical embodiment of the son of satan is being let loose, and trying to bring Satan himself to earth to bring about armageddon)...wooooo...Scaaary! Well not really but a creepy movie nontheless. THe very cool "visions from the future that are broadcast into your dreams via technology" adds a cool sci-fi element to the film, you see the end of the world happening...can you STOP IT!? [Big Grin]

4)Dawn of the Dead, the original version. Again, I think I see a trend that cool, creepy synth soundtracks make me feel dread....the score by GOBLIN is great in this one....as the world is slowly taken over by corpses. While the "zombie effects" are lame by todays standards for sure, the premise of the movie is really cool...who hasn't wanted to take over a mall and live there!?

5) Poltergeist...the only film that ever actually scared me. has so many creepy elements I can't begin to list them, but spooky haunted attacking tree in the thunderstorm? Come ON people...who didn't have a tree hanging out their window that you NO LONGER TRUSTED? [Big Grin] Creepy dolls and toys and, oh yeah....corpses and coffins blowing out of the ground, evil ghost demons flying around, a little girl running from "The Beast" while trapped in the nether world........wow......film at 11!

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home