iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, Ghost Story is one of my favorite horror movies--it is very good. When I was a kid it really scared me, so much that my dad told me he wasn't going to let me watch any more scary movies. If you like to read, the book by Peter Straub is also very good.

Funhouse is on TMC or Cinemax or something like that this month. I plan on watching it. I remember seeing it on Scifi when I was in college, and I remember it being good.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was contemplating watching funhouse because i have the dvd. but every year, amc usually tends to show this one around halloween time hehe.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight's flick:

An American Werewolf in London (1981)

-

This movie is best known for the song "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, but below is the tune I think of when this movie is mentioned:

Werewolves of London

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great selection Val....I just watched that not too long ago.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My latest - Poltergeist II: The Other Side

-  -

Love that creepy old man.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocked that guy scared me ****-less when i was little thats so not cool!!

I love the original Poltergeist......3's not even bad either.

Valley one of my favorites.......I love Griffen Dunne

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, Griffin Dunne was great in the dysfunctional insominac flick "After Hours". Also, I heard he was in the newer movie "Snow Angels" which sounds interesting.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, After Hours is what made me love him........it's an awesome movie.......So many stars, a bundle of different stories in New York at night I love it, very Scorsese and very 80's!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
October 10th - Friday Night Frights:

Deadly Friend (1988)

-

From horror master Wes Craven starring Matthew Laborteaux and Kristy Swanson comes a dark tale about a Halloween night prank that went very wrong. The tone of this movie is extremely wicked and twisted, but though the premise is far fetched, it is a October fav of mine and of course Riptide .

-

-

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. i didn't know this movie was on dvd valley? how long has this been out? i've waited for this a long time hehe.

i must order this.. like NOW.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing Deadly Friend, but I never knew it was a Wes Craven flick! I didn't know it was on DVD either.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Don't forget to use The Rewind Retro Assistant to buy, it is a deal on Amazon for only $6.49.

Deadly Friend DVD

[ 10. October 2008, 20:56: Message edited by: Valley ]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Deadly Friend....awesome! Swanson was great in this one. I have to buy it. Wes Craven rocks.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started watching Cheerleader Camp last night...I fell asleep again, right at the same spot I fell asleep last time. I am going to try finishing it tonight. I want to see the end. The hedge clippers through the back of the head scene is pretty gross.

They had some nerdy guys in this movie...for all the cute girls that were in it.

Betsy Russell looks absolutely nothing like she did in Private School. I have never understood how a perm could change a person's looks so drastically...because even her face doesn't look the same.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Saturday Night October 11th:

Ghoulies (1985)

-

I have always been a huge fan of "Gremlins", but how many folks have seen the original "Ghoulies"? Not sure how it gained enough notice for a "Ghoulies II", but somehow it happened. I will say that the ghoulies were quite narley looking and there was indeed a wickedly scary clown in it. However, what makes this movie note worthy is that one of the highest paid tv actresses for her work on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" .....Mariska Hargitay started her career in this flick.

-

-

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Ghoulies was one horror flick I never did like...
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i orderd curtains on vhs.. it was a bit expensive [Frown] . after taking the kids trick or treating on halloween, my best friend and i are waiting til the kids fall asleep and we are going to have a double feature... we are watching CURTAINS and BASKET CASE. i've never seen either of these movies.

hehe i showed her a clip for curtains that i found on youtube (the famous skating rink scene) and it freaked her out lol. i can't wait to watch them both.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw Ghoulies or Basket Case either.

Last night I was staying at a resort for the Autumnfest...and there was absolutely nothing on TV. They didn't have any of the really good channels. Right now...if I have to watch regular TV...my favorite channel is "Chiller". It stunk to not have my computer...and then be trapped with no movies. The weekend was awesome...but no good TV is like torture.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
i orderd curtains on vhs.. it was a bit expensive [Frown] . after taking the kids trick or treating on halloween, my best friend and i are waiting til the kids fall asleep and we are going to have a double feature... we are watching CURTAINS and BASKET CASE. i've never seen either of these movies.

hehe i showed her a clip for curtains that i found on youtube (the famous skating rink scene) and it freaked her out lol. i can't wait to watch them both.

I started to order Basket Case. Is it good?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I watched Poltergeist III last night. Not nearly as good as the first two, but I always loved all the effects with the mirrors. Pretty cool.

-
Obviously, a new Kane

-

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

80'srocked - i love the 3rd one! my least favorite of the 3 was part 2.

petty - i have never seen basket case but my friend said it was quite cooky and thinks i will like it. it was only 4.99 (brand new) on amazon, so i figured, why not? the plot for this movie is insane lol.

how cool it would be to have a 'chiller' cable channel. where i live, they don't offer that station. i'd probably watch it constantly.

Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Terror Train on Sat. night. It was okay. I figured out who the killer was pretty early into the film.

I'd recommend it for Halloween viewing because even though it takes place on New Year's Eve, the characters are in costumes the majority of the time. It was kinda suspenseful in parts as well.

Hmm... should I go with Nightmare on Elm Street for this weekend?

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Aruba4me:
I figured out who the killer was pretty early into the film.

I usually figure out the killer way too early in almost all new suspense/mystery flicks that I watch. I actually ruin it for myself! I guess when you've seen so many movies, it becomes easy to predict. Not to mention that Hollywood is running out of original ideas and plots.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

We have the Chiller channel and I absolutely love it. They show series like Tales from the Crypt and Alfred Hitchc*ck Presents and horror movies. It's great.
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
PettyFan I have chiller channel too........it's pretty great movies and Friday the 13th the series too.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home