iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011) (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2008 -2011)
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Trick r Treat too, and I'd highly recommend it. No, it's not real scary but it makes a good Halloween flick.

There was a preview of a movie called The Hills Run Red that looked good. I saw it at Walmart yesterday but passed up on it. I think I may buy it though, after seeing the previews. I also bought Laid to Rest--has anyone seen it?

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the preview for The Hills Run Red too and now that one looked like it could be a serious scare-fest. Let us know how it is if you scoop it up!
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Trick 'r Treat last night. I certainly agree with the others - it's a very good movie. But not scary at all. Out of all the individual stories, I think I enjoyed Anna Paquin's the most. Earl/Pettyfan, what was your favourite?

In terms of P/SQ -- this is one of the best Blu-rays I own. Superb.

Tonight: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2003) on Blu-ray.

[ 12. October 2009, 15:37: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
I saw Trick 'r Treat last night. I certainly agree with the others - it's a very good movie. But not scary at all. Out of all the individual stories, I think I enjoyed Anna Paquin's the most. Earl/Pettyfan, what was your favourite?

In terms of P/SQ -- this is one of the best Blu-rays I own. Superb.

Tonight: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2003) on Blu-ray.

Yeah, that one was pretty good, but I think I liked the one about the "special" kids and the prank gone wrong...
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked both of those  -

I would have to say that this little fella was doing a pretty good job of creeping me out too...until...well you know.

I liked how they were all interwoven and there were little touchstones throughout. The bus story certainly had the creepiest and lasting images while I do think the Anna Paquin story was very strong.

Was it just me or did it seem like the principal's son might have had a story line that may have ended up on the cutting room floor? I could see them doing more of these every couple of years with more stories following the little jumpsuited host! Sure it won't happen though...

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night my daughter had to work on a school project and said I could watch whatever I wanted if I hung out in her room with her so I ended up popping on the TALES FROM THE CRYPT box set. It was hard to turn it off once I started watching it! I think I watched it from 6 pm -12 am!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Trick r Treat as well....I liked the school bus storyline the best. Some great visuals, and kinda had an 80's feel to it....liked it a lot.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
recently watched THE FOG and it's documentary. very nice. i had no idea that adrienne barbeau and john carpenter were married until she talked about it in the special features.
haha love her bio on imdb listing her "big bust" has her trademark. hilarious.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two nights ago:

-

The original is one of the most over-rated Horror films of all time.

This remake makes it look like a masterpiece.

Movie : 4/10
Jessica Biel: 10/10 [Big Grin]

Tonight:

-

Again, the original isn't half as good as it's made out. So why am I watching the remake!?!

I must be a sucker for punishment.

Anybody seen this?

[ 16. October 2009, 06:48: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to stay away from remakes since Rob Zombie raped and then threw up on HALLOWEEN.

I saw half of FRAYED and then a friend showed up and wanted to watcdh GAME SHOW NETWORK cuz Sulu from STAR TREK and his husband were gonna be on NEW NEWLYWED GAME (thye won too!) so I guess tonight I watch Part 2 of FRAYED.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I tend to stay away from remakes since Rob Zombie raped and then threw up on HALLOWEEN.

I thought it was awesome. Especially the first hour.

Last night I watched Prom Night:

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
I just picked up Prom Night on the $5 rack. That one will be tonight!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Last night:

-

6/10

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night we watched hellraiser 3 and today we watched shallow ground and crow 3 on scy-fy i did like hellraiser 3 didn't see it for a long time loved the 90's clothes and hair-do's too pretty funny
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if there are any saw movie fans here besides myself they are showing them on scy-fy starting at 4;30 today 3 0f them anyways!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watching some not-so-serious "scary movies" with my daughter this week.

once bitten
gremlins 2
the monster squad
alvin and the chipmunks meet frankenstein and alvin and the chipmunks meet the werewolf (double feature dvd)

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i bought the howling and phantasm (both originals) while at BORDERS this passed weekend. both were 8.99 a piece. [Smile] we are definitely watching those this week!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Last night:

The Church

-

5/10

[ 02. October 2011, 04:17: Message edited by: J2ME ]

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
watched the children of the corn movies on syfy sunday i actually think the ones after the first one were alot better especially the 3rd. movie sorry forgot the name of it
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too enjoyed the Halloween remake. I thought it was well done (a little over the top at times) and pretty scary. I think it's a good compliment to the first one.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

did you guys end up watching drag me to hell? what did you think?

i rented EDEN LAKE..can't wait to see it. anyone else see it?

-

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see Halloween 2 and my advice is don't bother....it's awful.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
I went to see Halloween 2 and my advice is don't bother....it's awful.

I disagree. I thought it was pretty good. Zombie's original remake was better, but this one wasn't terrible.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
did you guys end up watching drag me to hell? what did you think?

i rented EDEN LAKE..can't wait to see it. anyone else see it?

-

How was Eden Lake? It's one I'd like to see.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home