iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 49)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated INCEPTION too.

I saw MY SOUL TO TAKE the other day and it was horrible. Hugely disappointing.

I started to watch REC 2 last night. I had really enjoyed the first one...but for some reason the first half hour of the second one felt like I was watching someone play a video game: Guys with guns run down a hallway, something pops out at them, they shoot it.

I might try to watch the rest of it tonight but so far my hopes arent too high.

I also saw WORLDS GREATEST DAD a few nights agi. Now THAT was a good movie!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I watched The Fighter. I thought it was good but not great. I believe it is worth a watch.

-

I also watched True Grit. I can't tell you what it is like compared to the original 1969. I am not a John Wayne fan at all, but I am a masiive Jeff Bridges fan. I thought it was really good. Probably the best movie from 2010, but then again it would not be hard to take that title.

-

And thanks to everyone. It is amazing how many ideas for movies for me to watch I get from here. I thought I had seen almost all of them until I came here.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bully (2001)

not my first time seeing it, but it can be hard to watch.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bully is awesome. Nick Stahl is a great actor. The late Brad Renfro is good too.

Definitely worth watching.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valentines day- mushy romcom
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Armoured (2009)
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw gnomeo and Juliet with my daughter. She laughed so hard she dropped the popcorn! I couldn't tell you how the movie was, I was too busy dreaming of freshly buttered popcorn that was now all over the sticky floor!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hebrew Hammer (2002). Adam Goldberg, Judy Greer, Andy D1ck, Mario Van Peebles, Peter Coyote, Nora Dunn, Sean Whalen and Tony Cox. When Santa Claus' vicious son Damian murders his father after becoming enraged with the latter's liberal policies and then seeks to destroy Hanukkah and replace it with Christmas, then Jewish private detective and also superhero Mordechai Jefferson Carver, alias The Hebrew Hammer, is asked to stop him.

"Shabbat Shalom, motherf*****rs!" [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crazies. I thought it was worth a watch.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia, I thought My Soul to Take was HUGELY disappointing!

I went to the movies yesterday and watched Just Go With It. It was soooo good! I also watched The Runaways last night. I"m honestly not sure what I thought about the movie. It was just okay I guess.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kids are making me go to THE ROOMMMATE which might as well be called WE ARE RIPPING OFF SINGLE WHITE FEMALE. I'll let u know how it was!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On DVD: Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow.

This is becoming one of my guilty pleasures. I love the whole feel of this movie, which was achieved by some pretty intence CGI scenery throughout. It's got a real 1930s Art Deco vibe going on, and just suits the concept perfectly. There are very few principal actors (Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Giovanni Ribisi, Ling Bai) and some good cameos by Michael Gambon and Omid Djalili. Action is cool, and despite maybe wanting a stronger plot, it holds together very well.

-

-

-

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Oy THE ROOMMATE was soooo bad. Felty like a Made For TV movie. Do yourself a favor and re-watch SINGLE WHITE FEMALE instead.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prey for Rock & Roll (2003)

This was a disappointment.
Prey For Rock & Roll is the story of Jacki and her all-girl rock and roll band, Clam Dandy,
who are trying to make it in the LA club scene of the late 1980's.
Starring Gina Gershon, Drea de Matteo, Lori Petty, Shelly Cole and Marc Blucas.

Mix the tv-show The L Word, some punk band rock documentary and any 00s drama movie together and this is what you get.
If this was supposed to be set in the late 80s, i didn´t see or feel it.
And to tell the truth i didn´t even like the music.
Next!

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, bro... you've been coming down hard on some flicks lately. Hope my negativity haven't rubbed off on you, like your positivety rubbed off on me [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure somebody has gotten into Atomik's account [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] [Smile]

It was just two bad movies in a row, no need to worry guys.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bully (2001) Brad Renfro- true story about some teenagers that get together to plot to kill a bully very badly-great film complex characters-shame about Renfro dying back 2008 great actor
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recorded that last night.

I love you Phillip Morris, started off quite funny, but then went to crap.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Damn, bro... you've been coming down hard on some flicks lately. Hope my negativity haven't rubbed off on you, like your positivety rubbed off on me [Smile]

You know it's bad if Atomik says it's bad.........Atomik's bad reviews come off positive to me.......cause it's b movie king Atomik! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I bit the bullet and finally watched the Karate Kid remake. Was it horrible? No. Was it anywhere near as good as the original? Duh! No. It was okay. I honestly think if someone's never seen the original they would like this one. My cousin's little boy loves it (he's also never seen the orignial). Anyway, just my thoughts.

I also watched Halletsville (diappointing horror) and House of the Devil. House of the Devil has a real 80s feel to it, IMO, like it was actually filmed in the 80s. It started off slow but it really got good at the end.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Ils (Them) was ok, probably wouldn't bother with it again tho.

Mulholland Drive, great film, ending was a real mind****.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mulholland Drive, great film, ending was a real mind****.
Lynch with his classic "I don't really have the story worked out so I'll just make it up as I go along."

***SPOILERS***

At a certain point in the movie everything becomes a dream.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, Logan. [Smile] Mulholland Dr. started as a pilot for a TV series. The network got a look at it, was understandably horrified, and Lynch took it back and added the second part to make it one of his uniquely crazy films. As I've always said, you could lock me in a room for ten straight years, and I couldn't come up with the weirdness of 30 seconds in a Lynch film. He's a genius... Completely insane, but still a genius.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
All the boys love Mandy Lane- Really enjoyed it loved the ending twist
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home