iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 48)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
Logan,

What didn't you like about Kickass? Have you read the comics?

I think I would enjoy the comics more, the problem I had was with the execution:

**SPOILERS**

The movie is supposed to be a kind of real world 'what if' for superheroes, but as soon as Hit Girl starts leaping around beating up big burly men that idea is thrown out the window. I also disliked the implausibility of the girlfriend character: not only does she want a gay friend, but when she finds out he's not gay she sleeps with him (different in the comic I believe). I also disliked that Hit Girl could fight so many people and walk away with barely a scratch, when her father was killed and Kick *** was pulped several times. It's like the moviemakers were happy to make her character violent, but unwilling to be honest and show the logical extreme of what could happen by having her get her head kicked in.

Beyond that, I found the movie fairly entertaining. Above average. But I find I'm still waiting for someone to make a movie about costumed heroes in the real world that doesn't immediately submarine the premise.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bran Nue Dae (2009). Rocky McKenzie, Jessica Mauboy, Ernie Dingo, Missy Higgins, Geoffrey Rush, Deborah Mailman and Tom Budge. In the late 1960s, a 16-year-old Aboriginal youth from Broome runs away from the religious school to which his mother sent him for further education to return home.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Cop Out, which I liked, and Dinner for Schmucks. I don't know what to think of Dinner for Schmucks. I liked some parts of it, but at times it was so stupid...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Proposition (2005). Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Emily Watson, Danny Huston, David Wenham and John Hurt. In 1880s outback Australia, an outlaw goes out to track down and kill his psychopathic brother after a British captain offers the former in addition to his younger brother a pardon in exchange for doing so.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Law Abiding Citizen starring Gerard Butler and Jaime Fox. I liked it. Why were there so many negative reviews?
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tooth Fairy (2010):

-

I kinda Hate to admit this, but I very suprisingly kinda enjoyed this movie. It actually made me laugh at a few parts. Though I think the movie gets a bit TOO sappy and mushy by the end..it's still not bad. But, I'm always a little more of a leniant reviewer toward these family/kid movies. Because, let's face it...they're for kids...they're not supposed to make much sense. So, if you're the kinda of cartoon obsessed grown up who's able to watch these kind of movies with that kind of mentallity..then you just might enjoy this. It's just...a.....cute movie..hehe. And I thought Dwayne Johnson did a pretty decent job in it.

I give a Big/Little Kid rating of 6/10

-

[ 24. January 2011, 15:04: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ninja assassin - loved it loved it total gore fest very violent all with an interesting story!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Takers, starring Paul Walker, Idris Elba. A typical over-the-top bank heist movie. I liked it.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eight Legged Freaks (2002)
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I started to watch Inception. I couldn't get past the first 35 minutes. I'm sending it back. I thought it was boring, or maybe my mind is just wandering these past two day. I just couldn't get into it, and all I've heard was how great it was. I thought it was "meh".
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I started to watch Inception. I couldn't get past the first 35 minutes. I'm sending it back. I thought it was boring, or maybe my mind is just wandering these past two day. I just couldn't get into it, and all I've heard was how great it was. I thought it was "meh".

You need to be fully alert and have the remote ready for a brief pause around the one hour mark. Its a cool movie, just awkward to get into.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry Brown (2010) Michael Cain great film about a pensioner vigilante
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Percy Jackson and the lightning thief (2010) I thought this was fantastic, Its about the children who are half human half greek gods, Percy being the son of Posiedon. My kids loved this too
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirate Radio
i liked it. i think i would love to own this one. [Smile]

i have to agree with logan..(what am i thinking?)..about kicka.ss. i liked it.. but i wouldn't sit through it again for a long time.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Iron man 2- actually liked it
Little Fockers-Little disapointing was looking forward to it and it just wasnt funny!

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
finally watched revolutionary road with kate winslet and leo dicaprio. this movie made me sad...
it was good and all, but i hoped for a better ending. it was pretty messed up!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hatchet II--nowhere near as good as the first, but it was still okay.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
The Crazies (2010) this film was ok but it seemed so familiar, i think there is just too many movies with the same sort of story or i have seen the original sometime?
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any good?
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i have to agree with logan..(what am i thinking?)..about kicka.ss.
What's up with that?! I'm a towering titan of flawless logic! You align yourself with the mighty when you stand with me!

I always thought Ronnie was on team Logan... I know I was always on team Ronnie. I thought we were pals... practically family. Where did it all go wrong? Today started out so well. S'okay, I'll just dig a deeper trench. I've got enough peach schnapps and tinned ham to weather this storm; bring it on. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings, and that fat lady is Lara Flynn Boyle - and she isn't gonna be singing for a long time!

Anyway...

'Harry Brown': So-so revenge flick starring an elderly Michael Caine. A bit slow moving, but ok.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Housebroken (2009) Danny Devito, its about a fireman who retires and trys everything he can to get his 2 loser sons out of the house and get a life. I liked it funny film
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Hallowed Ground
Dismal

amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
My kids went to Gnomeo and Juliette 3d at the pics yesterday and they loved it
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:

I am with ya. I thought it was one of the worst movies ever made personally. I walked out of the movies. I was utterly disappointed.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home