iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 38)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've heard so many good things about delamore delamorte but never got round to seeing it,i will definitely track it down.

i've only seen stagefright,the church and the sect and the sect is easily the weakest of the 3,from what i've heard delamore delamorte is soavi's masterpiece and i would imagine the sect is vastly inferior to it.

but still overall i found the sect to be watchable enough but yes disappointing when compared to his other works.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
i've heard so many good things about delamore delamorte but never got round to seeing it,i will definitely track it down.

Yes, you must [Big Grin] One that just gets better and better everytime for me.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not just a horror film with humor. It has a lot of big philosophical ideas too. And it looks exactly like the film version of a graphic novel. It is a masterpiece.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delirious with john candy

funny film, interesting story, candy was great in it.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Return to Two Moon Junction (1995)

This is a sequel to Sherilyn Fenn classic Two Moon Junction (1988) which was directed by Zalman King.
The sequel stars Melinda Clarke (Return of the Living Dead III), John Clayton Schafer and Louise Fletcher.

Definitely NOT hotter than the original but not too bad either.
Two hot and steamy scenes, solid soundtrack and wonderful Georgia, USA locations.

Special thanks to Lovers with Cassie.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poison Ivy: The New Seductress (1997)

-

Jaime Pressly is just smokin' in this...Nuff Said

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the Michele Soavi discussion :

Funny that at least two of of you guys consider The Sect to be Soavi's least interesting
directorial effort.
It definitely can't top Dellamorte Dellamore, but when compared to Stagefright and The Church,
i prefer The Sect without a doubt.
Still, it has no Anna Falchi in it though.. [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Double Dragon" (1994) - Mark Dacascos, Scott Wolf, Robert Patrick and Alyssa Milano. Really horrible adaptation of a video game.
Posts: 4124 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
About the Michele Soavi discussion :

Funny that at least two of of you guys consider The Sect to be Soavi's least interesting
directorial effort.
It definitely can't top Dellamorte Dellamore, but when compared to Stagefright and The Church,
i prefer The Sect without a doubt.
Still, it has no Anna Falchi in it though.. [Smile]

Dellamorte Dellamore is great and i loved the last 30 minutes of Stagefright.
Never seen The Church/The Sect.

Pyro, Poison Ivy triple pack is on my wanted list.
I´ve only seen the first one.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sect is more surreal than Stagefright. It has the same atmosphere as The Church, but The Sect
has more macabre set-pieces and strange imagery, i think. That's why i like it ! [Smile]

[ 12. December 2011, 04:52: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still know what you did last summer (1998)

- 3/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the Poison Ivy triple pack is a good buy aTomik. Although I didn't really like the 2nd movie with Alyssa Milano in the trilogy, the 1st and 3rd ones are good though. And it's worth picking up for the fairly cheap purchase price it's going for on Amazon.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Substance of Fire (1996). Ron Rifkin, Tony Goldwyn, Timothy Hutton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Lee Grant, Eric Bogosian, Elizabeth Franz, Gil Bellows, Roger Rees, Ronny Graham, Adolph Green, George Morfogen and Debra Monk. A Jewish widower as well as Holocaust survivor is now living in New York City, where he is the president of a book publishing company that is facing bankruptcy, in spite of which he is bent on bringing out quite expensive volumes of Nazi medical experiments, over the wishes of his three alienated adult children, who want him to instead print a possibly renumerative novel that might keep their company financial. Based on the play by Jon Robin Baitz.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wagons East (1994)

"In the 1860's Wild West, when a ragged bunch of misfit settlers decide they cannot stand living in their current situation,
they hire a grizzled cowboy to take them on a journey back to their hometowns east". (IMDb)

This was a decent comedy western directed by Peter Markle (Hot Dog, Youngblood, Bat 21 etc.)
Starring John Candy, Richard Lewis, John C. McGinley, Ellen Greene, Robert Picardo and Ed Lauter.
McGinley and Lauter steal the show here, especially McGinley is awesome as gay book store owner/part time gunslinger.

-

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Handmaid's Tale (1990). Natasha Richardson, Faye Dunaway, Aidan Quinn, Elizabeth McGovern, Victoria Tennant, Robert Duvall, Blanche Baker, Traci Lind, Zoey Wilson and Kathryn Doby. In the future, a fertile white woman who was caught attempting to escape with her husband in addition to daughter to Canada becomes a surrogate mother for a commander despite the envy of the latter's wife, in a United States of America that has been taken over by the religious right in a coup d'etat and turned into a totalitarian theocracy that treats women as second class citizens. Based on the novel by Margaret Atwood.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Arrival (1996)

Just watched this excellent sci-fi thriller written and directed by the great David Twohy.
Starring Charlie Sheen, Teri Polo and Ron Silver.
Boy, was i surprised. This is They Live of the 90s. Highly recommended for the fans of the classic Carpenter movie.

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Is intrigued [Smile]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was surprised by "The Arrival" too. It is very well written, acted, and directed for a B science-fiction film. I think that I've mentioned on here before that David Twohy is terrific. He has a real knack with small or moderately budgeted films. "Below" is my favorite, and I like all of his films, though his big-budget "Pitch Black" sequel is my least favorite. Perhaps the budget was too high. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Spot on, Crash. Don´t give the guy too much money! [Smile]

Below is good, Pitch Black is very good.
Never seen his directorial debut Timescape (1992)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"The Postman" from 1997 directed by and starring Kevin Costner as a drifter in a post-apocalyptic world. This movie is very terrible as it wasn't even being judged on the book it was based on.

Posts: 4124 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection aka Delta Force 2: Operation Stranglehold (1990)

It was surprisingly good 90s Cannon flick.
Chuck Norris is the only guy from the first movie and he´s still awesome.
Billy Drago is once again fantastic as evil drug lord Ramon Cota. One of the meanest villains i´ve ever seen.
John P. Ryan (Avenging Force) gives a hilarious perfomance as Gen. Taylor. Gotta love this guy!
Lots of explosions, nasty kills and mindblowing helicopter action.

Delta Force 2 trailer

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Delta Force 3: The Killing Game (1991)

"A terrorist places an atom bomb somewhere in an American metropolis.
The president of the U.S. has no other choice; he has to call Delta Force. (IMDb)

Once again i have to say that this was a surprisingly good 90s Cannon film.
Delta Force 2 was basically Chuck Norris solo but this is more of a team effort.
Starring "the next generation" guys: Nick Cassavetes (The Wraith), Mike Norris ( Born American , Survival Game) ,
Eric Douglas plus Matthew Penn, John Ryan and cute Hana Azoulay-Hasfari.

Solid b-acting, decent plot and good action!

-

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maniac Cop 2 and 3
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mummy (1999)

An American serving in the French Foreign Legion on an archaeological dig at the ancient city of Hamunaptra accidentally awakens a Mummy. -- IMDb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home