iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 37)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankenhooker (1990)

"A medical school dropout loses his fiancée in a tragic lawnmower incident, and decides to bring her back.
Unfortunately, he was only able to save her head, so he goes to the red light district in the city
and lures prostitutes into a hotel room so he can get parts for his girlfriend." (IMDb)

This was even more entertaining than i remembered!
The film was directed by Frank Henenlotter (Basket Case, Brain Damage)
James Lorinz is cool as Jeffrey "Jersey boy" Franken
and i love Patty Mullen as Elizabeth Shelley. So sad that this was her last role.
I also loved the interview and making of features.

Lots of funny scenes, beautiful women and cool special effects.
Cult classic!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Wanna date? Wanna party?" "Frankenhooker" is very funny. (Favorite line: "I'm becoming dangerously amoral.") I don't have the special edition with the extras, but I'm sure, aTomiK, that Hennenlotter somewhere mentions the phone call he received from the U.S. ratings board: "Your movie should be rated 'S for sh**.'" Henennlotter makes really sick and funny movies. Check out his newest, "Bad Biology." It's completely unhinged and even crazier than "Brain Damage," another favorite.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he says that line in the commentary track but i haven´t checked it.
What they said was that the ratings board gave the movie "the eagle eye"
so no gore & blood and that´s what the sfx group tried to avoid and did it well.

I´ll ask if my brother already has Bad Biology.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hard Way (1991) - Michael J. Fox, James Woods, Stephen Lang, Annabella Sciorra.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KDawg33
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for KDawg33   Email KDawg33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crow

First time watching this classic very powerful and full of 90's cheese.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Screamers (1995)

This was a surprisingly good sci-fi flick directed by Christian Duguay
and based on the short story "Second Variety" by Philip K. D1ck.

The movie stars Peter Weller, Jennifer Rubin, Andrew Lauer and Roy Dupuis.

Solid acting from Weller and Rubin, haunting atmosphere and cool special effects.

All sci-fi freaks, check it out!

Screamers (1995) Theatrical Trailer

-

And I'm of the same mind with your thoughts, aTomiK, having just viewed Screamers myself.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House Arrest (1996) - Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Pollak, Jennifer Tilly, Christopher McDonald, Wallace Shawn, Ray Walston, Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Queens Logic (1991) - Joe Mantegna, John Malkovich, Linda Fiorentino, Kevin Bacon, Chloe Webb, Ken Olin and Jamie Lee Curtis.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought queens logic was terrible, i cant remember anything about it, execpt for it being terrible

but i really do like jamie lee curtis.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Aspen Extreme (1993)

"Aspen Extreme is a 1993 film about two ski buddies, TJ Burke (Paul Gross) and Dexter Rutecki (Peter Berg),
who move from Brighton, Michigan to Aspen to seek a better life.
The two friends quickly become Aspen ski instructors, but women, drugs, and job troubles threaten to destroy their relationship.
Along the way, TJ tries to realize his dream of becoming a professional writer,
and the pair train for the upcoming Powder 8 ski competition." (Wikipedia)

This was a good ski drama written and directed by Patrick Hasburgh,
the dude who created 21 Jump Street with Stephen J. Cannell.
Starring Paul Gross, Peter Berg, Finola Hughes and Teri Polo.

Recommended!

Aspen Extreme Trailer

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sliver (1993):

-

Even though i'm not much of a fan of William Baldwin, (or any of the Baldwins for that matter), I can still tolerate him in this film. The reason is mainly because it's just a good all-around erotic/suspense flick. Not quite up to par with the novel it's based off of, but hey, what novel based film is?
And might I add I think Sharon Stone is still pretty damn hot in this and quite good at playing the quiet, timid damsel with a sheltered wild side.
So yeah, I still like this movie and I think other fans of this particular genre would agree. And if you haven't seen..I can certainly recommend. [Smile]

SLIVER TRAILER

[ 04. November 2011, 10:06: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I like Sliver, entertaining and sexy late night thriller.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Black Magic Woman (1991)

Mark Hamill in erotic thriller? Well, why not.
He´s actually pretty good in this one.
The other stars are Amanda Wyss and ultra hot Apollonia Kotero.

It´s a decent low budget flick but i knew the twist too early
and Apollonia was way too shy [Wink]

-

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Two criminals and their hostages unknowingly seek temporary refuge in an establishment populated by vampires, with chaotic results. -- IMDb

Kate: Where are you taking us?
Richie: Mexico.
Kate: What's in Mexico?
Richie: Mexicans.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
circutury man

it had potential but it just didnt come through for me

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carlito's Way
Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I like Sliver, entertaining and sexy late night thriller.

Yes, my thoughts exactly! The soundtrack is great too! I own it & the DVD. It was a hot movie for the 90's!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for the back up, cindy [Cool]

Watched The Perfect Bride (1991) yesterday.
It was a decent made-for-cable-tv thriller.
Starring Sammi Davis, Kelly Preston and Linden Ashby.
Always loved Sammi Davis and remember her from tv-series Homefront.

-

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Jumanji (1995) - Robin Williams, Bonnie Hunt, Kirsten Dunst, Bradley Pierce, David Alan Grier, Bebe Neuwirth, Jonathan Hyde.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i liked jumanji, it was a good comedy adventure kind of kids movie, van pelt was cool, and that rifle he had was killer
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toy Story (1995). The voices of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Don Rickles, Jim Varney, Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Annie Potts, John Morris, Erik von Detten, Laurie Metcalf and R.Lee Ermey. A boy's most esteemed toy, a cowboy named Woody, feels threatened with good reason by his owner getting a new birthday present, Buzz Lightyear, a spaceman action figure.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
A Shock to the System (1990). Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert, Swoozie Kurtz, Will Patton, Jenny Wright, John McMartin, Haviland Morris and Barbara Baxley. A advertising executive who is overlooked for a promotion which goes instead to a younger colleague starts to commit murder, beginning with a beggar in an underground railway. Based on the novel by Simon Brett.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Shining Through (1992) - Melanie Griffith, Michael Douglas, Liam Neeson, Joely Richardson, John Gielgud.

1940, Linda Voss is a woman of Irish, Jewish-German parentage who loves the movies, especially about war and spies. She gets a job at a New York law firm, after it's revealed she can speak German fluently. As secretary and translator to Ed Leland, she begins to suspect that her boss is involved in espionage work. The two become lovers, and when America officially joins the Allies in fighting Hitler, Linda volunteers to go undercover behind enemy lines.

Based on the novel by Susan Isaacs. Winner of 3 Razzie Awards including Worst Picture.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched la setta 1991 aka the sect directed by michele soavi and written by dario argento.

la setta italian trailer - http://youtu.be/1Kt2woCrwdw

starring kelly curtis and herbert lom ,it's a decent early 90s italian horror outing from the director of the excellent stagefright(1987) which is based on a devil worshipping cult in frankfurt germany .

to be honest i did not think this was quite up to the high standards of michele soavi's previous directorial outings stagefright and the church but i still found a lot here to like.

the plot was completely bonkers and there's some real strange scenes here - the rabbit changing channels on the tv using the remote control,plus kelly curtis being attacked by some weird emu type bird [Confused]

i did like the music score by pino donaggio ,plus it was cool to see the pink panthers herbert lom on the screen again.

overall no classic but still an above average italian horror flick!

la setta pino donaggio - http://youtu.be/_doWyIa5skY .

[ 02. December 2011, 14:49: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that The Sect is the weakest Soavi film. Delamore Delamorte, my favorite, is brilliant. Martin Scorsese loves it too. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home