iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 47)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

watched richard donner's 1995 action thriller assasins starring sylvester stallone,antoinio banderas and julianne moore.

sly stallone and antonio banderas play rival assasins both given the same job of tracking down and eliminating surveillance expert electra as played by julianne moore.

i've watched this movie a few times over the years,i originally first watched it back when it debuted on home video in the mid 90s and at that time i thought it to be just merely o.k,i then watched it again quite a few years later and came away from it feeling much more impressed with what i had seen and i must say i have enjoyed it ever since.

-
antonio banderas as miguel bain.

stallone and banderas are both great here in there roles as the rival assasins,banderas here plays his part of the young and cocky hitman miguel bain completely over the top but it does seem to suit the movie well when playing against stallone's more calm and compassionate seasoned pro.

the action scenes are very well handled by director richard donner and the movie certainy does seem to move at a good pace especially the first half hour or so.

-
julianne moore(electra) and sylvester stallone (robert rath).

assasins is a movie which if i remember right was fairly slated by most film critics and fans upon it's release and in my oppinion unjustly so and one that i believe many will go back to at some point to reevaluate and chances are like myself will probably come away with much more positive feelings about it.

a great 90s action thriller.

[ 07. March 2015, 09:35: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also watched Assassins when it debuted on VHS here.
I remember only good things about the movie and it´s also in my "films you should rewatch" list [Cool]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Beyond the Law (1993) aka Fixing the Shadow aka Made of Steel or just Arizona Cop like it was called here [Smile]

Highly entertaining old school action movie based on a real story.
I love Charlie Sheen and he was awesome in this one.
Simple plot, cool cast, semi-steamy love scene with Linda Fiorentino and good hard rocking soundtrack.

Beyond the Law trailer

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, but watching anything with Charlie Sheen in it, seems strange nowadays! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Striptease (1996)

Hey, i didn´t know that this is a comedy [Smile]
What a dumb BUT entertaining film directed by Andrew Bergman.

Demi shows a lot, then again she got 12 Million so...
She probably smiles and goes topless to the nearest bank [Big Grin]

Nice and hot "dance" sequences and countless stupid characters.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always enjoyed fixing the shadow atomik I remember renting it when it first came out on home video,i think it's a really good movie,sheen and Madsen are both really convincing in it and the fact it's based on true events makes it even more compelling to watch.

I have a region 1 DVD of it under the beyond the law title,it's a budget 4 movie pk along with Michael Keaton's quicksand which also stars Michael Caine,fall time starring mickey Rourke and the Steven seagal thriller ticker.

Sheen starred in some really entertaining flicks throughout most of the 90s,I really enjoyed stockade,the chase,terminal velocity and men at work amongst others.

Fixing the shadow aka beyond the law like atomik said is a great movie and if you get a kick out of based on true event action thrillers you'll most definitely enjoy it.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Love At Large (1990)

Confusing, noir-ish satire starring Tom Berenger, Elizabeth Perkins, Anne Archer, Annette O'Toole,
Kate Capshaw, and none other than Canadian singer / songwriter Neil Young !

Some atmospheric set pieces, but too many loose ends to the story. Soundtrack features songs by
Leonard Cohen and Warren Zevon. Written and directed by Alan Rudolph.

[ 26. June 2013, 06:10: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

watched the crime drama bullet (1996) starring mickey rourke,tupac shakur,adrien brody and ted levine.

i had watched this before when it was first released but could only vaguely remember bits of it,one scene being a pretty graphic eye stabbing (as pictured on the back cover from above),you don't see much but you can just imagine the pain and it sure does make you grimace,the other scene i seemed to remember well from when i originally watched it was the steamy night club sex scene towards the end of the movie [Big Grin]

-
mickey rourke as butch 'bullet' stein.

i thought this was pretty decent,it's got a quite a gripping storyline and great performaces from most the cast,especially rourke,i thought he was really good here as the recently released convict butch 'bullet' stein.

-
away with the fairies - ted levine as vietnam veteran louis stein.

ted levine also is a lot of fun to watch as rourke's whacked out vietnam vet brother,he's a good actor who really knows how to play it up,to say his character here has lost the plot is a total understatement.

adrien brody is fine as rourke's artistic younger brother who doesn't seem to fit in with such violent surroundings,tupac as the one eyed villain tank who is out for revenge on rourke's character butch is also decent in what is a fairly brief role.

-
you've got to hand it to him for a pretty good performance it's adrien brody as ruby stein.

bullet is quite a violent and bleak thriller but it does make for a good watch.

highly recomended 8/10.

[ 14. July 2013, 10:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen Bullet, thanks for the comments warrior. I might just get the dvd.

I´ve also been thinking should i get Love at Large on dvd.
The cast sure sounds awesome.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i've never seen love at large,tom berenger is great,i got rustler's rhapsody on my shelf,i've had it for ages but have never got round to seeing it,got to make sure i check that out at some point.

would like to see love at large even though it's had a few lukewarm reviews including johnny's,one i would like to check out again at some point but seems quite tricky to get hold of in the u.k (well at least for rental) is the 90s thriller shattered that berenger starred in.

i think i remember that being pretty good.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I own Rustlers' Rhapsody on VHS and Shattered on dvd.
RR is a fun western spoof with a nice cast, Shattered is a great thriller.

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo, Bullet [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Pure Luck (1991)

This was a decent comedy directed by Nadia Tass (Malcolm, The Big Steal).
The film is set in Mexico and is a remake of the popular French comedy film La Chèvre (1981)
and stars Martin Short, Danny Glover, Sheila Kelley, Sam Wanamaker, Scott Wilson and Harry Shearer.

A nice feelgood comedy but not the kind which makes me laugh out loud.
I thought that the theme tune Danny Elfman had composed sounded a lot like his Simpsons one.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched Raw Nerve (1991) and what a lousy and silly thriller it was. The director just can´t create tension at all.

"Jimmy Clayton (Prior) is a race car driver who has visions of the murders that have been happening locally. The police do not believe him and he is not aware of what is happening to him.
When he has a vision of his sister Gina (Lords) being murdered, he needs to make an investigation of his own.
With the help of local reporter Gloria Freedman (Bergman), Jimmy tries to determine who the murderer is and analyse his visions." (IMDb)

The plot is a mess and most of the cast is horrible. Glenn Ford looks like a totem pole in his last feature film and Jan-Michael Vincent looks pretty much the same. He had a serious alcohol problem in real life and it shows.
Ted Prior (director David A. Prior´s brother) looks a bit like Christian Bale but can´t act at all. Traci Lords looks good (and that´s enough for me) and i´ve always liked Sandahl Bergman. She´s in top form and has fantastic outfits.
Of course there´s the obligatory twist in the end before the suffering stops. Recommended only for true Bergman/Lords aficionados.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who Moved My Cheese
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"A sketch artist for the police helps a witness recall who she saw leaving the scene of a murder, and discovers that the person is his wife.
Not willing to believe she was responsible, he resketches the pictures so they don't look like her, and he begins his own investigation of the murder." (IMDb)

Watched Sketch Artist (1992) and it was a decent early 90s thriller made for late night television.
The cast is pretty good: Jeff Fahey, Sean Young, Drew Barrymore, Frank McRae, Tchéky Karyo and James Tolkan.
Fahey was born to do these kind of roles. He smokes all the time in this film, you just notice these things nowadays.
The story is interesting, especially the first half but the ending is a major letdown. They made a sequel too in 1995 which stars Fahey and Courteney Cox.
You can also see a little bit skin in the flick, especially british born Charlotte Lewis looks fabulous.

-

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sketch Artist sounds good. I'd never heard of it. I remember Body Parts with Fahey as the star. I don't know if it ever got released to the theaters, as it coincided with the Jeffrey Dahmer murders. I saw it on VHS back in the 90's. Fahey was hot then, but he looks incredibly old now. Probably from all of that smoking, I think he also had a tv series in the 90's which was produced by his friend Don Johnson.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Clueless (1995)

"A rich high school student tries to boost a new pupil's popularity, but reckons without affairs of the heart getting in the way."

I've just finished watching this for the first time, and I really liked it. A cool cast, awesome 90s complaint rock  - -- what's not to like!

-

Alicia...  -

-

Turk!

Supergrass - Alright

Counting Crows - The Ghost In You

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Smoking Popes - Need You Around

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

True Romance (1993)

"Clarence marries hooker Alabama, steals cocaine from her pimp, and tries to sell it in Hollywood, while the owners of the coke try to reclaim it."

One of the best movies of the 90s - a bona fide classic!

Isn't that right, Brad?

-

Main Theme

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
true romance is seriously awesome j2me,i originally watched it in the theatres when it first came out and i remember even though it did pretty badly at the box office on the night i watched it the cinema i was at was completely packed.

got the soundtrack on cd which is also really good!

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patricia Arquette's character Alabama is one of the coolest girls ever in motion pictures history !

-

She loves Burt Reynolds and kung-fu movies..

And she won an Oscar too ! (over 20 years later, but still..) [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've always thought she is not only just a really good actress but also beautiful to go with it,can't wait to get round to watching boyhood.

Heard many good things about it.

Also can't wait to upgrade to the scream factory stigmata blu ray from my old dvd.

[ 08. March 2015, 10:34: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -
Rounders (1998)

"A young man is a reformed gambler who must return to playing big stakes poker to help a friend pay off loan sharks."

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine and I go around doing the Malkovich "Teddy KGB" accent all the time: "You bit me...geev the me-an his muney. You sun beech." Malkovich is very entertaining here. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bridges of Madison County
Clint Eastwood has had a very diverse career!

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home