iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 48)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched two 90s movies (both rentals) over the weekend that i had never seen before,first i Watched Jonathan Lynn's really fun 1994 comedy - greedy featuring an all star cast including kirk Douglas and Michael j fox.

I really did enjoy this one,it's got some very funny moments throughout,if you've not already checked this one out and you do fancy a good laugh I'd highly recommend it.

Very enjoyable! 8/10.

https://youtu.be/4Z_N1CRNjrw - greedy trailer (1994).

Also I watched

-

- For the moment a very well made and entertaining war time romance set in rural Canada,a place called Manitoba (the scenery looks beautiful) with Russell crowe as an airpilot based at a nearby bomber pilot trainee school getting ready to fight overseas during world war 2.

He falls in love with a local farm girl called lill terrifically played by Christiane hirt (the accused) who happens to be married with a husband also fighting overseas.

Really great little movie this from 1993 that I also highly recommend.

Good stuff! I'd rate this also about an 8/10.

https://youtu.be/rnpIvNykI3I - for the moment trailer (1993).

[ 05. April 2015, 13:26: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Lone Star starring Chris Cooper, Elizabeth Pena, and Matthew McConehey ( sp.?) had a small part. It was a little too slow moving, but otherwise an alright movie.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edtv (1999)

-

"A video store clerk agrees to have his life filmed by a camera crew for a television show."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"If there's one thing this wild group of friends at an all-girls high school has learned, it's how to get what they want!
So when word leaks out that their school is about to merge with an all-boys academy, some of the students strike back...
devising a hilarious scheme to sabotage the plan get ready for a sidesplitting lesson in laughter,
as the girls wage an all-out assault in an outrageous battle of the sexes!" (IMDb)

Watched All I Wanna Do (1998) aka Strike! (Canada) aka The Hairy Bird (Australia). Not a classic by any means but it was ok late 90s teen flick.
The film was written and directed by Sarah Kernochan, one of the writers of 9 1/2 Weeks and is based loosely on Kernochan's experiences at Rosemary Hall back in the early 60s.
None of the girls really shine in this one but they do a decent job.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"The new flatmate of three preexisting roommates turns up mysteriously dead but in possession of a large sum of money. When the roommates decide to keep it for themselves, their action sets in motion a destructive chain of events that spiral out of control."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

wow! what a really sweet natured and likeable movie this 2000 rom com was,i had watched it back upon its initial release back in 2000 but watching it again reminded me of just what a great little flick this was!

excellent cast,duchovny and minnie driver make a great couple and it's got an awesome supporting cast including robert loggia (always liked him in 1987s hot pursuit),james belushi and the late carroll o'connor from - kellys heroes.

great stuff - 8/10.

https://youtu.be/ZQNifpPNmTk - return to me trailer.

[ 10. April 2015, 17:00: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cape Fear 1991. This ranks up there as one of the best remakes in my opinion. Bobby De Niro was scarily good as the revenge seeking Max Cady.

The scene between him and Juliette Lewis in the drama room was a fantastic scene. They are both really talented and they had great chemistry.

I really like how they got the original actors in the movie such as Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum. Robert Mitchum as the original Max Cady can't be beat though I think. He played that role flawlessly. De Niro certainly gave a great take on the character and is good to see him in a role where he is not playing a wiseguy.

That's my post done, I think I might go and bite somebody's face off [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Cape Fear ´91. De Niro is one scary fella.

warrior, i love Minnie and Return to Me looks great. Ordered the dvd right away, thanx for the tip.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I reckon you'll like it atomik,it's definitely got a feel good factor to it!

I really like Minnie driver,this and grosse point,I think she's pretty ace!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Cape Fear is one of Scorsese's most underrated films. Yep, the original is pretty excellent, but the remake is quite good too, made so by Robert DeNiro's bravura performance as a redneck psychopath and Scorsese's sharp direction.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A large amount while the forum was under maintenance since summer of 2013 are:

Miller's Crossing (1990)
The Negotiator (1998)
Death Becomes Her (1992)
Vampire in Brooklyn (1995)
The Rock (1996)
The Sixth Sense (1999)
Terminal Velocity (1994)
Jack Frost (1998)
The Ref (1994)
Toys (1992)
Nothing But Trouble (1991)
Drop Zone (1994)
Stop! or My Mom Will Shoot (1992)
Empire Records (1995)
Curly Sue (1991)
The Indian in the Cupboard (1995)
The House of the Spirits (1994)
Last Action Hero (1993)
In the Name of the Father (1993)
Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
Judgment Night (1993)
Beyond the Law (1993)
Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even (1992)
Mallrats (1995)
Air Force One (1997)
Deep Blue Sea (1999)
Bulletproof (1996)
Milk Money (1994)

Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smilla's Sense of Snow (1997) with Julia Ormond, Gabriel Byrne, Richard Harris, Robert Loggia, Vanessa Redgrave, Jim Broadbent and Tom Wilkinson.
 -

Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -
I've always enjoyed this a lot more than Armageddon.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Blue Heaven (1990)

I have always liked this one [Smile]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"A woman secretly witnesses the murder of her blind date for the evening by a top Mafia boss. She immediately goes into hiding without informing the authorities. When they finally catch up with her, she is unwilling to testify to what she has seen, but the Mafia are on her trail."

Narrow Margin (1990)

This was a pretty good thriller.  -

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Narrow Margin is entertaining stuff indeed and Deep Impact is better than Armageddon.

Just watched No Contest (1995)

"A beauty contest turns into a hostage situation, when the Miss Galaxy competition is taken over by a gang, demanding a ransom of diamonds.
Sharon, a kick-boxing actress, is the host of the show, and the thorn in the terrorists side." (IMDb)

This was pretty good direct to video actioner with an interesting cast.
Shannon Tweed, Andrew Dice Clay, Robert Davi, Roddy Piper, Nicholas Campbell, John Colicos and James Purcell star.

Playboy goddess Tweed is the action star (believe it or not) in this Die Hard rip-off.
Dice Clay and Piper are the bad guys and you can see that they enjoy every minute.
I liked this very violent and entertaining b-action film. I also have the sequel and will check it out one of these days.

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good friend of mine in Toronto worked on No Contest as a storyboard artist/graphic designer. He likes Shannon Tweed a lot, though he said that Gene Simmons was always milling about, especially if Shannon had a love scene. He also bumped into Robert Davi on a late night stroll of Amsterdam a few years later, and they reminisced about working on this Canadian tax shelter deal.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
She doesn´t have a love scene in this one, i knew Gene was behind it! [Mad] [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched No Contest II (1997) and i have to say that it was a pretty average b-actioner.
This time Lance Henriksen plays the baddie, son of WWII nazi officer who´s after few nerve gas bombs.
It feels like all characters are idiots which can sometimes be fun but not in this case [Smile]
Shannon Tweed once again shows her nonexistent karate skills. The skin melting sequences were pretty cool.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Doctor Mordrid (1992) is one of the best Full Moon Entertainment films i´ve ever seen.
It´s basically a Dr. Strange (the Marvel Comics character) film but Charles Band lost the rights to the name just before the production started so they had to change the name of the film.

Anyway, this was highly entertaining 70 minutes, Jeffrey Combs is great like he always is and Brian Thompson plays his arch nemesis Kabal.
The special effects look fantastic for a low-budget feature and you also get to see some stop motion stuff.
Recommended!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I'm going to have to check Dr mordrid out atomik,it sounds good to me,when I watched the trailer I thought for a full moon production the effects and everything else seemed a cut above there norm!

I've not long ordered a blu Ray (from UK distributor 88 films) of one of there earlier productions actually and that is Stuart Gordon's the pit and the pendulum with Lance henriksen,just waiting for it to arrive.

There early 90s stuff was all pretty solid - puppet master,shadowzone,castle freak,the pit and the pendulum were all good fun.

Want to check out Dr mordrid,phantoms with Sherilyn fenn and netherworld from 1992.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Puppet Master was pretty decent and i like Meridian/Phantoms (lots of Fenn/Spradling nude scenes [Wink] ).
I need more Jeffrey Combs stuff right now so Castle Freak = next!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Terminal Justice aka Cybertech PD (1996) last night.
It was a decent Lorenzo Lamas vehicle with few interesting virtual reality ideas.
The other stars are Chris Sarandon, Peter coyote and lovely Kari Wuhrer.
I´m a big LL fan and watched 12 Lamas films during the summer 2014 while the Rewind site was down.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -
"A former Special Ops soldier leads a group of mercenaries to an island in the South China Sea:
their mission is obtain the rights to the unusual treasure that the island beholds." (IMDb)

Watched Men of War which is 1994 action drama directed by Perry Lang, better known as an actor in Spring Break etc.
The original script is from John Sayles and it doesn´t follow your basic action film formula.
It´s very calm in places although i have to say that the final 30 mins or so is breathtaking stuff.
This is surprisingly good mid 90s flick which i highly recommend.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

-

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home