iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gregory's Two Girls - Eh? That was terrible.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bright Angel, starring Dermot Mulroney, Lili Taylor and Sam Shepard. Bad movie, slow moving, and almost no plot. I was hoping for so much more from the description. Filmed in 1990, released in the U.S. in 1991.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently watched three of the rather dubious "superhero" flicks from the 90's. And while they may not have had the budgets or CGI technology of more recent efforts of that genre, I kinda liked them. They are not GREAT movies, but certainly entertaining, and with that nostalgic old school feel, that you just don't get from the newer films!

THE SHADOW- 1994

-

My favourite of the three. Baldwin is good, the 1930's period setting works, and the villain is pretty cool.

THE PHANTOM- 1996

-

In the cheesier end of the scale, we find The Phantom! Billy Zane in purple, junkhugging tights, no less! Again 1930's something period piece. Lacks some of the cool style of The Shadow, but with Treat Williams and Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa on villain duty, it comes out all right.

SPAWN- 1997

-

Captures the dark and disturbing world of Todd McFarlanes comic pretty well. Michael Jai White is good as Spawn, and John Leguizamo is fun as Clown! Nice visual style, though some of the effects show their age, and it's a bit heavy on the one liners.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Temp (1992)

This was a decent early 90s thriller directed by Tom Holland (Fright Night)
It started very nicely but became sillier and sillier towards the end.
And the ending was a total letdown.

I liked the cast though.
Timothy Hutton and Lara Flynn Boyle did a good job.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Shawshank the other night after not seeing it for about 10 yrs - now ill wait another 10.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dream Trap (1990)

Just watched this decent T&A college comedy.
It was made in ´89 and released in 1990.
Starring Kristy Swanson and Sasha Jenson.

Swanson has a double role and she has some wild outfits
so this movie is a must see for her fans.

See the pervert Dean Pulver, two horny kids constantly peeping nude girls
and lots of pretty Wamma Bamma sorority girls.
Ain´t that all we need [Smile]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Dawn's Early Light (1990). Powers Boothe, Rebecca De Mornay, James Earl Jones, Martin Landau, Darren MacGavin, Rip Torn and Peter MacNicol. When dissidents launch a nuclear missile against a Russian city, then the United States of America is subjected to a counterstrike by the Russians while the president must choose his options. Based on the novel Trinty's Child by William Prochnau.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Muppet Christmas Carol [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Beauty (1994). Sean Bean, David Thewlis, Jim Carter, Peter Davison, Alun Armstrong, John McEnery, Eleanor Bron, Peter Cook, Andrew Knott and the voice of Alan Cumming. Tale of the title equine who in Victorian England is possessed by several owners, undergoing everything from kindness to cruelty prior to being reunited with a previous one. Based on the novel by Anna Sewell.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just watched Romeo & Juliet (1996) with leo di'caprio and claire danes. loved it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Cousin Vinny (1992)
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Strictly Ballroom (1992). Paul Mercurio, Tara Morice, Bill Hunter, Barry Otto, Pat Thompson, Gia Carides, Peter Whitford and John Hannan. A youthful ballroom dancer attracts an ordinary-looking woman with his unconventional style of dancing. Together they make an attempt to be victorious at the forthcoming dancing competition.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shattered (1991)

..a mystery/thriller with tom berenger and bob hoskins. saw it on video when it came out and have always liked it.
 -

tom berenger's character gets in a bad car accident and wakes up with amnesia, then tries to put the pieces together as to who he is, and what happened the night of the car wreck.

val kilmer's ex, joanne whalley has a small role in it as well.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

watched the Pelican Brief with julia roberts and denzel washington. great movie! based on the suspenseful book written by john grisham.

also with, stanley tucci, john lithgow and john heard.

-

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Home Fries
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mindwarp a.k.a Brain slasher (1992) Bruce campbell this was an alright B movie kinda apocolyptic feel to it
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last couple of days:

The People Under The Stairs (1991)

Independence Day (1996)

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Joe's Apartment
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was forced to watch Kindergarten Cop. I felt like slitting my wrists. It was a painful 90 minutes.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodfellas again. Still good.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodfellas is one of the best movies of all time IMO. Absolute classic.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also watched Home Alone 2 recently. Probably hadn't seen it since it came out. Better than I remembered it.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tales from the Darkside the Movie! it was awesome and scary......totally a 90's movie with an 80's hangover.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Can't Hardly Wait (1998)

I hadn't seen this in years, it's still very enjoyable.

Great soundtrack as well.

The Replacements - Can't Hardly Wait

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hot Shots 1 and 2 [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home