iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 53)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A young cop gets thrown in with a special police squad who are acting as assassins against hoods and who don't care who gets in the way. - from IMDb.

As direct to home video low budget 90s police thrillers go Scarred City aka Scar City is in my opinion a cut above,packed full off gun blazing action and nudity and with a solid cast featuing Chazz Palminteri,Stephen Baldwin,Tia Carrere and Renee Estevez this film just flies by jumping from one action packed scenario to the next.

It's not perfect by any means as some of the support acting leaves a lot to be desired but I'd say it's certainly a good one of its type!

Recommended!

https://youtu.be/V8iWblxavwk - Scarred City aka Scar City trailer (1998).

[ 20. September 2016, 14:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mumford (1999) from Lawrence Kasdan.

In the small town of Mumford, a psychologist of the same name movies in and quickly becomes very popular, despite a questionable past. -- according to IMDb.

A pretty amusing dramedy headlined by Loren Dean in the title role, with able support from Hope Davis, Jason Lee, Alfre Woodard, Mary McDonnell, Martin Short, David Paymer, Ted Danson, Jane Adams, Pruitt Taylor Vince and Zooey Deschanel in her film debut.

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Awesome 1991 biker flick starring ex NFL star Brian Bosworth in the lead as an undercover cop Joe Huff who has to infiltrate a group of Hell's Angels known as the Brotherhood which is run by the psychotic Chains (Lance Henriksen) and his violent sidekick Ice as played by William Forsythe.

Moves at a cracking pace this action/thriller with some really impressive stuntwork and action set pieces and despite his acting inexperience lead Brian Bosworth acquits himself extremely well here in what I believe was his very first acting role.

Not only this you've also got the terrific Lance Henriksen and William Forsythe who make for a pair of very mean and menacing adversaries and under the assured direction of Craig R Baxley (Action Jackson) this turns out to be one really fun and entertaining action flick which makes It even more puzzling the fact it bombed so bad at the box office back in the day!

Blu Ray from UK distributor 101 Films looks and sounds top notch and though it comes with reversible sleeve and a small poster which i thought was a nice touch the actual disc itself is about as barebones as you can get with no trailer and not even a chapter selection which I thought was disappointing to say the least!

Still if you see it going cheap enough and are a fan of the movie I say definitely go for the Blu as the transfer is first rate.

Well worth checking out especially for all you action junkies out there and comes highly recommended!

https://youtu.be/1bNfag1hosI - Stone Cold trailer (1991).

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Stone Cold is perfect early 90s action mayhem!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ten Thngs I Hate About You, starring Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger. This was a mediocre teen movie. I believe it is based on The Taming of the Shrew. I thought it would be a better film than it was. Perfectly captured the late 90's fashions though.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched 10 Things back when it was released on vhs and own the dvd. Needs a rewatch.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I didn't dislike 10 Things when I first watched it back on it's original release but like Atomik have not seen it since,not sure how I'd feel about it now.

When I thought about 10 Things I straight away thought about other 90s teen comedies like She's All That and Drive Me Crazy with Melissa Joan Hart which I found quite enjoyable and noticed when looking them up that they both came out in 1999 the same year as 10 Things I Hate About You.

I do think I can well remember a spate of high school romantic comedies around that time!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A young Hutterite boy must marry his late brother's wife who comes from outside the community - from IMDB.

This 1994 comedy was no laugh riot especially the first 15 minutes or so but it did soon pick up and I thought that it got progressively funnier as it went along and actually turned into quite a sweet natured and likeable little comedy with some beautiful Montana scenery and a couple of very decent performances from the ever gorgeous Patricia Arquette and a really young looking Joseph Gordon - Levitt.

Directed by the late Leonard Nimoy (Star Trek's Spock) this was rather good fun overall and well worth the cheap purchase price (just under 4 UK pounds) that I picked it up for!

7/10.

[ 06. November 2016, 17:12: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YW, She's All That was much better than 10 Things. I've never seen Drive Me Crazy. Wasn't there another popular movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt around that time period too?
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
YW, She's All That was much better than 10 Things. I've never seen Drive Me Crazy. Wasn't there another popular movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt around that time period too?

That would be Can't Hardly Wait.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:

That would be Can't Hardly Wait.
Or perhaps Trojan War (1997). [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Can't Hardly Wait. I will try to watch it sometime as I see it co stars Ethan Embry, who I really liked in the Showtime tv show Brotherhood. I have never heard of Trojan War.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the spanish comedy Torrente the Dumb Arm of the Law (1998).

This was a fun film about ex cop who´s lazy, sweaty, rude, drunkard, sexist, racist... The most non PC movie i´ve seen in a while [Smile]
It was a huge success in Spain and there´s FOUR sequels! Santiago Segura rocks!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

To the Limit (1995)

This was silly PM Entertainment Group action film, it´s actually a sequel to Da Vinci´s War which i haven´t seen.
1/4 action, 1/4 nudity and 2/4 mumbojumbo dialog but i just have to watch one of these every once in a while [Big Grin]
Must see film for Anna Nicole Smith fans.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Greedy (1994)

"Joe MacTeague is a rich old man but he wants to know which of his relatives really cares..."

A solid comedy  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
A really fun movie J2me which I only watched for the very first time last year,been tempted to pick it up on Blu-ray as i've seen it doing the rounds in a 2 for 10 pounds deal!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I watched parts of Rockula, starring Dean Cameron, Toni Basil and Thomas Dolby on Sunday. I didn't see the last 15 minutes as I was busy cleaning. This movie was filmed in 1988 and just screams "1980's". It was really pretty bad. It was a Cannon film, which did not get released until 2-3 years later, as they had filed for bankruptcy. It was on the Comet channels, which I picked up with a digital antenna at my Dad's house. It is mainly a channel that shows older sci- if movies and tv shows.
BTW this makes me think that we should start a thread of movies released in the early 1990's but look and feel totally 80's! Do we have a thread like that?

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even know that the Comet channel existed, PGHGirl. I can't keep up with these new networks that populate the digital sub-channels like MyTV, This TV, Antenna TV, and Retro TV. I have to admit, I liked the list of programming that I saw on Comet. Where else can you see both Blacula and Johhny Sokko and His Flying Robot? LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I had never heard of it either, Crash. There is another good one, Heroes and Icons (H&I). I watched Renegade, Hill St. Blues and NYPD Blue on Saturday night. A friend gave us this digital antenna. You just stick it up in the window. Amazing! We get 6-8 channels. I had to cancel th Dish Network, as it was getting to be too much money.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything is so expensive these days. I have basic cable plus here in the USVI. That along with my Internet is $182/month. Just ridiculous. I have zero pay channels and got the plus just so that I could have AMC, TCM, and BBC America. The technology is horrid too. They gave me a cable box from circa 1990. It has a "save to VCR" feature. LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
90s movies I watched throughout 2016 are:

Holy Matrimony (1994)
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)
Big Daddy (1999)
Kiss of Death (1995)
The Relic (1997)
Dragonheart (1996)
The Cutting Edge (1992)
Executive Decision (1996)
The Crush (1993)
The Other Sister (1999)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (1995)
The Phantom (1996)
Reality Bites (1994)
The Saint (1997)
To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (1995)
Sleeping with the Enemy (1991)
Mumford (1999)
Zandalee (1991)
Virus (1999)
Dumb and Dumber (1994)
Dangerous Game (1993)
Striking Distance (1993)
Sleepwalkers (1992)
Primary Colors (1998)
Blink (1994)
Encino Man (1992)
Malice (1993)

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

J.J. is a rookie in the Sheriff's Department and the first black officer at that station. Racial tensions run high in the department as some of J.J.'s fellow officers resent his presence. His only real friend is the other new trooper, the first female officer to work there, who also suffers similar discrimination in the otherwise all-white-male work environment. When J.J. becomes increasingly aware of police corruption during the murder trial of Teddy Woods, who he helped to arrest, he faces difficult decisions and puts himself into great personal danger in the service of justice - from IMDB

Watched the 1994 Cop/Courtroom Drama The Glass Shield which despite a great cast including Michael Ironside,M.Emmet Walsh,Ice Cube,Bernie Casey,Elliot Gould and Lori Petty it still didn't quite do it for me,wasn't help by the fact that it felt Slightly overlong and that the main lead of Michael Boatman (Spin City) didn't quite convince as the young rookie black cop.

It was watchable enough but I'd say certainly nothing memorable and with such a high caliber of cast I was definitely expecting more!

Watched it on Blu Ray rental and the picture and sound quality of this recently released UK Blu from Bfi Video was top notch, extras included an interview with the director and an alternate ending.

https://youtu.be/KnkiLC5BuRU - The Glass Shield Trailer

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trainspotting (1996)

-

"Renton, deeply immersed in the Edinburgh drug scene, tries to clean up and get out, despite the allure of the drugs and influence of friends."

This has lost nothing over the years. Classic.

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Tonight....

-

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
The Trigger Effect (1996) with Kyle MacLachlan, Elisabeth Shue and Dermot Mulroney.

A married couple and their friend must find a way to survive after a severe power outage shuts down the entire neighborhood.

-

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home