iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you enjoy gritty performances from the likes of the late Heath Ledger, then i suggest you watch this awsome 90s gem. Its filmed in and around Sydney, Australia. Its raw, cutting and has a fantastic soundtrack, a MUST see!
 -

-

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I most certainly will check this one out..Thanks Willy
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scissors (1991)

This was a decent psychological thriller directed by Frank De Felitta (Dark Night of the Scarecrow)
He also wrote the awesome The Entity (1982)

Sharon Stone is solid in the leading role and Steve Railsback has a nice double role.
The other stars are Ronny Cox and Michelle Phillips.

The movie starts slowly but there´s some interesting twists after the first 45 mins.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyromantic:
I most certainly will check this one out..Thanks Willy

ill be very surprised if you dont like this. Its extreamly underwatched and even more underated IMO. It was low budget and wouldnt have worked if it was done on a higher budget...its real, raw and done oh so well.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interview with The Vampire (1994)
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK..so I finished watching Two Hands. It wasn't too bad...It didn't blow me away either though.
The actors all gave good performances..especially Rose Byrne who I'd say caught my attention the most. But, I just didn't buy into her and Ledger's relationship...I dunno, they came off as more brother/sister type deal to me. Maybe that's how it was supposed to be though huh? I was kinda disappointed with Bryon Brown's role though as I felt he came off a bit weaker than he should have been. But maybe that's just me.

I also really dug the ending when the kid just strolls in the joint and passes Ledger and enters the room and......welll...you know what happens...I won't spoil it for anyone else. That was a rather cool ending.

So overall, this movie was alright...But I wouldn't rank it in my top 10 action/gangster films.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parker Kane (1990)

This is a cool tv action flick (could be a pilot for a tv show that never became reality).
Starring Jeff Fahey, ex-cop turned private investigator.
And how´s this for a supporting cast:
Marisa Tomei, Stellan Skarsgĺrd, Amanda Pays, Zakes Mokae,
Billy Wirth, David Caruso... Unbelievable!
80s hangover, Joel Silver, cool Lethal Weapon style score... Gotta love it!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Screamers (1995)

This was a surprisingly good sci-fi flick directed by Christian Duguay
and based on the short story "Second Variety" by Philip K. D1ck.

The movie stars Peter Weller, Jennifer Rubin, Andrew Lauer and Roy Dupuis.

Solid acting from Weller and Rubin, haunting atmosphere and cool special effects.

All sci-fi freaks, check it out!

Screamers (1995) Theatrical Trailer

-

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missed that one. Im gonna look for it!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday (1995)
Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
True Identity (1991)

Just watched this movie which some of you guys talked about some time ago.
It was a decent flick.
Some funny scenes and the supporting cast was not bad at all:
Frank Langella, J.T. Walsh, Michael McKean, James Earl Jones...

But i can understand why this one flopped:
the star of the movie, Lenny Henry, just wasn´t good enough.
(He had a 3-movie deal with Disney but it was canceled after this one did some damage)
Also, there´s too many unnecessary F-words and it was too violent for it´s own good.
...I can´t believe i just said that [Cool]

-

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Super (1991)
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASPEN EXTREME 1993

-

Even though the last ****ing thing I wanna see right now is snow, I never get tired of this flick.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks Jay, i need to hunt this down!
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Most def, it's not flawless, but has a very unique feel, that you can't really explain.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Earlier today i watched Fast Getaway II (1994)
It was a fun flick.
Very stupid but highly entertaining stuff.
Starring Corey Haim, oh so pretty Sarah Buxton, Leo Rossi and Cynthia Rothrock.
Never seen the first Fast Getaway movie anywhere.

-

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik! I had the choice between Fast Getaway and Dream Machine on one of my vhs finds.....why I limited my Corey Vhs's I don't know but I picked Dream Machine....I still haven't watched it.....I laughed at your "very stupid but highly entertaining" lol goofball....only we could understand that here [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, you should have got both!
I also have Dream Machine,
it´s a pretty good flick if you happen to like these early 90s Haimster films.

amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunston checks in
Watched with the kids funny chimp film quite enjoyed

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a long time since I have seen this 90's classic.

-

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
If you enjoy gritty performances from the likes of the late Heath Ledger, then i suggest you watch this awsome 90s gem. Its filmed in and around Sydney, Australia. Its raw, cutting and has a fantastic soundtrack, a MUST see!
 -

-

This is a great movie. Yes, everyone needs to go and watch it.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one I watched recently from 1992.

A decent thriller. I am a big fan. I won't go out and say it's great. I just like it for many reasons. I think it is definitely worth a watch.

-

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda88
Rewind Curious
Member # 7595

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Amanda88   Email Amanda88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What About Bob? (1991)
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sweet Hereafter (1997) starring Ian Holm and Sarah Polley. I didn't know what I was supposed to make of it. From the description on ONdemand, there was supposed to be a big "town secret" but they never revealed any such secret.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home