iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those people need to brush up on their movie knowledge a bit.... I submit to them...

Desperate Hours: A great remake, and I almost never say that!

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man: Kickass action flick with a funny twist!

The Last Outlaw: Dark and bloody western, with a great cast!

F.T.W.: Dusty, dirty, emotional semi road movie with some beautiful locations and good performances.

Bullet: Dark, sad street reality, with tragic characters, but brilliantly done.

True... the late 90's were no friend to the mickster, but those flicks mentioned above, all hold up today!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man: Kickass action flick with a funny twist!

The Last Outlaw: Dark and bloody western, with a great cast!

Haven't seen these 2. Gonna make them next on my list [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure that you do... [Smile] And if you don't like them, i'll reimburse you..... well, maybe not.... but you can call me names.... [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man is a classic.
Rourke and Don Johnson at their best.
Grab a six-pack and enjoy!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Silence of The Lambs
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Marlboro Man one arrived today. Gonna watch it in a bit. May not be a girly girl, but definitely no six packer either so grabs 6 tea bags [Smile] [Razz]

Jay or anyone else, have you seen White Sands? Any good?

Edit: Ooh my 1000th post [Razz]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
That was sooo much fun. No name calling required [Big Grin]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Glad you liked it [Smile]

Never been a big fan of White Sands. There are some good actors and good performances in there. But the movie as a whole never made much sense to me!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that White Sands is a good one.
Nice score from Patrick O'Hearn and i like the locations.
The actors are quite awesome like JAY LEE said.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Thanks you 2 [Smile] I'm gonna pick it up but I think I'll get that one you watched recently aTomik first, Homeboy.

Last watched The Object of my affection. I'll be sure to dig that out next time I'm having trouble getting to sleep.

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just ran a little Kid 'N Play marathon! Remember these guys?

HOUSE PARTY-1990

Great 90's nostalgia.... funny movie!

-

HOUSE PARTY 2-1991

Fun sequel, but not as good as the first one!

-

HOUSE PARTY 3-1994

Some funny bits, but the weakest of the bunch!

-

CLASS ACT-1992

One of the funniest Kid 'N Play movies. Doug E. Doug is hilarious, and Alycia Rogers is so damn fine, it's ridiculous! Too bad she only appeared in this and Boyz N The Hood.

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Omg, House Party  - Memories [Smile]

I just watched The Maker. I think I just died a little [Frown]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Point Blank - This was bad, but weirdly entertaining.
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A taut and genuinely creepy thriller. Hard to believe this was just a made-for-TV movie - it beats the hell out any of the so-called horror films Hollywood spews out today. Jill Schoelen's mullet hairdo needs rethinking, but the rest of the film is expertly conceived and executed.

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Haven't seen that in a while, but remember liking it.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Delusion (1991)

- This was a nice road movie with a great cast.
Starring Jim Metzler, Kyle Secor and Jennifer Rubin (Elm Street 3, Bad Dreams)
Enjoyable supporting role by the late Jerry Orbach.

-

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
SPEEED..... '94: Oh man, this movie was worse than I remembered! The dialogue is so bad, all the characters are so annoying, and I just hoped the bus would crash and kill all those whiners in a heap of twisted metal and fiery gore! Of course that didn't happen.

HIGHER LEARNING.... '95: If your making a movie against racism and racial stereotypes, it would probably be a good idea, not to perpetuate those lame stereotypes in said movie! Singleton got lucky with Boyz N' The Hood, and hasn't done anything worthwhile since. This pile of a movie being one of the main offenders. They are all here... the angry black guy, the hippie chick, the misguided hick, the wise professor, the dateraping jock etc. If these tired clicheés actually had some form of transformation or depth, then I could go along with it... but they really don't. And the message of this movie is completely lost!

[ 27. September 2009, 10:16: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basketball Diaries.... Great film and stil as good as the first time i saw it.
Watched Requiem for a Dream straight after cause a mate said its a better film [Roll Eyes] . I aint too sure bout that though.

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Point Break on TV last night,still a great brain out action film.Just a shame it has so many continuity errors in it,but still great.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Fall Time - Quite enjoyable 50's set crime comedy that got all serious at the end.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iwatched judge dredd the other day with sylvester stallone not sure how old that movie is? i know he was really young in it corny movie but some good effects in it lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
iwatched judge dredd the other day with sylvester stallone not sure how old that movie is? i know he was really young in it corny movie but some good effects in it lol

For your information, Buffalo-Girl, Judge Dredd is from 1995. I trust that that helps. [Wink]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Judge Dredd was a huge disappointment back in the day,
at least among the comic book fans.

But i would like to watch it again, i think that i could even like it.
I´m so open minded nowadays [Smile]

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you i knew it was from the 90's but wasn't sure of the year lol? hey atomik you probably would like it i think one of the problems with the movie was sly's constant statement " i knew you'd say that" it was just used too many times in the movie and made his acting real corny in my opinion?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
thank you i knew it was from the 90's but wasn't sure of the year lol? hey atomik you probably would like it i think one of the problems with the movie was sly's constant statement " i knew you'd say that" it was just used too many times in the movie and made his acting real corny in my opinion?

Not at all, Buffalo-Girl. I'm glad to have been of assistance. [Smile]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home