iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've got the Arrow Video UK Blu ray Irwin but not checked out the transfer yet but I'd imagine it's very similar to the US kino release,fun movie and way better than the critics would have you believe!

Night of the comet I agree is an awesome flick!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree warrior. Saw a little bit of NOTC the other day. It was good to see it again.

I like BAD moon rising but it's been so long the only thing I remember is the Dodge Daytona and when Tommy Lee Jones was unde the car and got kicked in the Jimmy. Ouch

Posts: 1992 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
 -

I've got the Arrow Video UK Blu ray Irwin but not checked out the transfer yet but I'd imagine it's very similar to the US kino release,fun movie and way better than the critics would have you believe!

Night of the comet I agree is an awesome flick!

I agree, BMR is a very under rated action film. Really enjoyed the commentaries and extras with the Blu-ray.
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Agree warrior. Saw a little bit of NOTC the other day. It was good to see it again.

I like BAD moon rising but it's been so long the only thing I remember is the Dodge Daytona and when Tommy Lee Jones was unde the car and got kicked in the Jimmy. Ouch

That scene also has the 7 shot revolver [Smile] that Quint has hidden under the Daytona.
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Runaway an awesome 1984 Sci-fi techno thriller with Tom Selleck and Cynthia Rhodes as part of a Runaway police unit that deals with shutting down rogue robots.

Really inventive,often tense thriller that's superbly directed by Michael Crichton and features a likeable performance from Selleck and Rhodes plus Gene Simmons from rock group Kiss also stars and makes for a terrific villain. Great flick 8/10

Def Con 4 a low budget Canadian apocalyptic thriller that definitely starts of stronger than it finishes yet still I'd say overall its a fairly decent time waster again with a scattering of inventive moments plus some quite well staged action scenes!

Not bad and better than how I'd remembered it being from my previous viewing some years back! 6.5/10

Runaway (1984) trailer - https://youtu.be/zCZY9Z6WvSY

Def Con 4 (1985) trailer - https://youtu.be/qLVpkrMaobw

[ 02. October 2019, 13:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
Oh sweet, I wasn't aware ' Runaway ' had a BluRay release! Great, underrated sci-fi film!
I have never seen Def Con 4 , thanks for the trailer!

Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
Today, before the long work day begins was 'Thief ' with James Caan. Easily one of my favorite Michael Mann films.

-

[ 03. October 2019, 06:08: Message edited by: Irwin Fletcher ]

TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched D.A.R.Y.L again today, I loved this movie as a kid and still like most of it now.

-

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheHoff:
I watched D.A.R.Y.L again today, I loved this movie as a kid and still like most of it now.

-

D.A.R.Y.L. was a favorite of mine as a youngster too. Pretty much wore out the vhs tape I had it on watching it so much as a kid.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cutting Class. It was okay. Starred Jill Schoelen, Donovan Leitch and Brad Pitt.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A new transfer student to St. Basil's Boys' Prep School tries to fit in while romantically pursuing a troubled young girl."

This is such a great coming of age movie. It has a great mixture of comedy and drama.

"Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long"

"To Whom Brother..."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Great movie J2me love the part when the mean old brother gets decked by Andrew Mccarthy in front of the whole school at assembly.

Also Kevin Dillons character in this was a blast and the scene on the bridge with the car when it opens up that was really funny!

This one I would definitely pick up if it ever comes to Blu Ray plus I like either title Heaven Help Us or the UK alternative of Catholic Boys as I think both fit the film well!

TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Scrooged this morning, it's not your typical Christmas Carol adaptation but that's a great reason to like it!

Also what do you expect from Richard Donner but excellence. Damn I'm going to have the watch The Goonies again now!

-

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 -

This movie is so cheesy it's brilliant, Kurt Russel is brilliant as Jack Burton.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movies I've watched since May now that the site is down and back up.

The Fly (1986) (rewatch)
Miracle Mile (1989)
Private Benjamin (1980)
Splash (1984) (rewatch)
Child's Play (1988) (rewatch)
Eddie and the Cruisers (1983)
Leviathan (1989)
Blue Velvet (1986)
Body Heat (1981)
Foxes (1980)
Jagged Edge (1985)

Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have got to rewatch BIg Trouble in little CHina.
The FLY was outstanding in the theatre, does it hold up well Leo?

Posts: 1992 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:

The FLY was outstanding in the theatre, does it hold up well Leo?

Indeed it does.
Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last few weeks:

-

Buster (1986) 7/10

-

Millennium (1989) 7/10

-

Eureka (1983) 7/10

-

Beverly Hills Brats (1989) 3/10

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Last few weeks:

-

Millennium (1989) 7/10

I bought Millennium on Blu-Ray a few years ago, might have to break the seal now you've reminded me [Smile]
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Hey Atomik. I'm a Phil Collins fan and would like to see Buster. I have seen it many years ago but remember zilch. Is it worth the time
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entertaining film. Some people and critics have criticised that it´s too lightweight but i liked it.
I´m also a Collins fan and Buster includes good performances all around plus i enjoyed the contrast between the England/Acapulco scenery.

All that and we can´t forget the cool soundtrack including the megahit "Two Hearts" and almost equally good "Goin´ Loco Down in Acapulco".

The UK disc includes nice 50 minute making of documentary.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Holcroft Covenant (1985) 5/10

-

The January Man (1989) rewatch 8/10

-

Blade Runner (1982) rewatch 8/10

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Teen Wolf (1985)

"An ordinary high school student discovers that his family has an unusual pedigree when he finds himself turning into a werewolf."

I hadn't seen this in at least 20 years, but most of it came back to me. It's still cheesy as hell.

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something Wild. A free spirited woman “kidnaps” a yuppie for a weekend of adventure. But the fun quickly takes a dangerous turn when her ex husband shows up. Starring Melanie Griffith, Jeff Daniels as the nerdy yuppie, and Ray Liotta as her ex con husband. Directed by Jonathan Demme, of The Silence of the Lambs fame, I was expecting better. It seemed a bit Indy. Melanie Griffith’s acting was awful. Daniels and Liotta were good though. I found it overall mediocre.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Sahara (1983) 4/10

-

Doctor Detroit rewatch (1983) 7/10

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home