iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Blind Fear (1989) couple of weeks ago.
A canadian thriller starring Shelley Hack (once a Charlie´s Angel), Kim Coates, Heidi von Palleske, Jan Rubes and Ron Lea.
A decent film but nothing remarkable really. Lots of wandering around in dark attic and cellar hallways but it has a nice surprise ending.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure whether I've heard of this one before atomik,i don't think I have actually,it's got a good cast.

I like Shelley hack from the few films I've seen her in (especially the stepfather) and also Jan rubes from dead of winter,he's a good actor.

I know you say it's nothing amazing but I'll keep my eyes peeled for this I still wouldn't mind checking it out.

[ 12. March 2015, 09:43: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'd watch it just to see what a young Kim Coates looked like!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A double bill of, George "Norm!" Wendt.

-

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Romero's monkey shines earlier,hadn't seen it for a few years,really enjoyed it.

Anyone else think this is a pretty underated horror?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you on Monkey Shines, TYW. Although lesser known, it's a terrific Romero film. I read a review--I think in Time magazine--when it was released that it's a "horror film for people who don't like horror films." That's an excellent description of it. Romero's a terrific director--just look at the climax; it's very suspenseful. And it has a fantastic cast, all soon to go on to have nice careers: Janine Turner, Stephen Root, Stanley Tucci, John Pankow, and Jason Beghe. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

[ 19. March 2015, 18:52: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UNCLE BUCK.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Apprentice to Murder (1988) like i promised [Wink] The poster is awesome but the film didn´t live up to expectations.
It´s a mystery film based on a true story and set in 1927 Pennsylvania/Philadelphia area.
Sutherland plays a witchdoctor named John Reese who takes his faith from the bible and is in war with the satan.
He chooses 16 year old Billy (Chad Lowe) to be his follower. Mia Sara is Billy´s love interest Alice.

The movie was shot in Norway of all places. Must have been cheap to shoot there and the settings look like the 20s with all the old buildings around.
The cast did a decent job but the story lacks something. Nothing much happens in the film worth to be mentioned.
We have a final fight near the end and the evil breathes fire and stufff like that but it´s all over very quickly. I´d recommend this only for true mystery movie aficionados.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers atomik for checking it out,I'll think I will just leave this as a rental as I was thinking of buying a copy as it's dirt cheap to pick up here in the UK on dvd.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apprentice-Murder-DVD-Donald-Sutherland/dp/B003TFUJEU/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1427103751&sr=1-1&keywords=apprentice+to+murder

-
This was the original UK vhs/beta new world video cover art.

Someone else on amazon did mention it was a bit on the dull side with little to keep the attention.

At least the poster's pretty cool!

[ 23. March 2015, 02:21: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
There´s no such scene in the film the dvd cover art suggests. Mia Sara has a very little role in this one, there´s definitely no evil priests who try to sacrifice her [Big Grin]
I see that they try to sell the film in any way possible [Big Grin] The dvd is dirt cheap but i don´t think that you need it.
I love A-ha but sadly you don´t see or hear those guys either. UK cover art = finnish cover art.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I just edited my post,but no a-ha . damn it!

That's not good [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Did you happen to have the rosary murders atomik?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I'll tell you what I've just started watching last night atomik which happens to be further up the page and that is - blind fear,it was getting really late so I've put it on hold,I've got to the scene where Jan rubes bites the bullet not long after his pizza turns up.

What I've seen of it so far seems pretty entertaining!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´m starting to believe that i don´t have the Rosary Murders tape but i´ll investigate [Cool]
That´s cool if you like Blind Fear, maybe i just wasn´t in the mood.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Just one The Guys" (1985)

"Terri believes her teachers don't take her serious, just because she's a pretty girl. When she fails to win a journalism contest, she decides to switch schools - and gender. She plays her role well and is accepted as one of the guys. However then she meets Rick... and likes him. "

-

William Zabka plays the role of the friendly jock.

-

Sherilyn Fenn in an early role -- stunning as always.

-

Terri Griffith becomes "Terry" Griffith.

-

Billy Jayne was great as the horndog younger brother.

-

[ 23. March 2015, 16:54: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I so need to re-watch this one. Thanks J2ME!
BTW, i watched the Corey Haim film Anything for Love aka Just One of the Girls last september. I liked it but of course it´s not as good as this one.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I only watched this again just the other month,really fun 80s classic.

Got some well know faces in there,ayre gross is in that top pic,I always liked him from house 2 and Soul man.

Never seen just one of the girls with Corey haim,would like to check it out though.

Great stuff j2me,makes me want to throw it on again.

[ 23. March 2015, 11:19: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Talking of straight to home video sequels with - just one of the girls,I was looking through some of the older topics the other day and came across - zapped again.

I know it's only really a sequel in name only,but is it worth the effort of tracking down?

[ 23. March 2015, 11:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I so need to re-watch this one. Thanks J2ME!
BTW, i watched the Corey Haim film Anything for Love aka Just One of the Girls last september. I liked it but of course it´s not as good as this one.

quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
I only watched again this just the other month,really fun 80s classic.

Got some well know faces in there,ayre gross is in that top pic,I always liked him from house 2 and Soul man.

Never seen just one of the girls with Corey haim.

Great stuff j2me,makes me want to throw it on again.

No problem, guys. It's a real fun movie.

Have either of you seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1E4Kuaa3LY

It's the 30th anniversary Q&A session.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That's awesome j2me they mention in the reunion that they've been in touch with Sony about doing a blu ray with commentary track.

I would have loved to been in the audience for this!

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Let's hope the Blu-ray materializes, and that they do a good job of it. The reunion looked like a lot of fun! It's a shame the Q&A didn't last longer.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
J2ME, i´m going to check the Q&A after i´ve rewatched the movie.

warrior, Zapped Again is a crazy film. Obviously not as good as the classic Zapped! but a fun film, definitely worth tracking down.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -
Casual Sex? (1988)

"Two women friends, with quite different sexual histories, try visiting a health resort to look for a man to settle down with."

-

Lea Thompson and Victoria Jackson -- Two cuties.

-

Vinny: "If you'd like me to provide you with some vital statistics that can't be measured in a public place, I'd be happy to do so."

Female Attendant: "You mean your IQ?"

-

Andrew Dice Clay was great in this.

Casual Sex? is a fun movie - with a serious message.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is that Seinfeld

Platoon Leader. APoor mans Platoon

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home