iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Adam and Eve: The First Love Story (1983) aka Blue Paradise aka Adam and Eve vs Cannibals aka... [Smile]

"God casts Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden because Eve decided to eat a forbidden apple that a talking snake told her to eat.
The disgraced couple find themselves battling a coterie of various creatures." (IMDb)

Haha, gotta love those italians, the masters of rip-off films [Big Grin]
In this one they have the history of creation tale mixed with Blue Lagoon style love story and you can also see elements from Quest for Fire, Ironmaster and even cannibal films.
And then there´s the very cheap looking boulder scene straight from Raiders of the Lost Ark [Big Grin]

The film stars Mark Gregory best known from the great Bronx films and Thunder series, unknown Andrea Goldman and Angel Alcazar.
Pretty fun stuff for fans of low budget italian cinema.

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High for the millionth time. I am now getting to know most of the dialogue. I think my husband can quote almost the entire movie. Gnarly!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that Pittsburghgirl.

"75 dollars and a ride"
" if u don't shutup mister, I'm gonna kick 100% of your @#%"

Posts: 1991 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Paternity (1981)

"A single man searches for a woman who will bear his baby with no strings attached."

A nice movie to while away a boring Sunday afternoon.

"Quimby sucks!"

Paternity

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched the Arthur sequel Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988).

"Arthur loses all his money, and his wife wants a baby." (short and sweet IMDb plot summary [Smile] )

Arthur (Dudley) still loves the booze and his wife Linda (Liza) is allright with that. Where do they raise these kind of wives [Big Grin]
Our hero may lose all his money but never the jokes. It´s just that they are not as funny as in the original film.

It guess it was a decent movie but felt so unnecessary.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur is a terrific comedy--the sequel not great at all--but I can't imagine someone getting a studio to greenlight a script like that today. Can you imagine that pitch to the studio execs? "You see, our protagonist is this selfish, but charming, alcoholic, who is drunk in just about every scene..."
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystics In Bali - Black magic insanity. Loved it!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad Taste - Ooookay
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Burglar (1987)

"Bernice Rhodenbarr is a retired "cat burglar" who runs a used bookstore. She is lured out of retirement when a retired cop (who busted her before) demands money to keep quiet about some evidence he withheld in one of her prior jobs. She agrees to a burglary job for a lady dentist, but theft leads to murder, and it's up to Bernice to try to prove her innocence."

Movie

OST

I enjoyed it. The movie has a great supporting cast: Bob Goldthwait, John Goodman, Anne DeSalvo, Lesley Ann Warren & G.W. Bailey.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for bringing Burglar up J2ME! I need to check it out, also have the soundtrack lp [Smile]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched the quirky 1985 Aussie comedy drama The Coca Cola Kid again with Eric Roberts and the stunning Greta Scacchi,feel good flick this which despite being a bit out there at times has a lot of heart and leaves you with a big smile on your face!

Ample amounts of Greta Scacchi nudity and a catchy soundtrack also contribute to a pretty great watch!

https://youtu.be/V0l9S_MGCCg - The Coca Cola Kid trailer (1985).

https://youtu.be/5Ey2RSYo-Y4 - great track from Tim Finn from the soundtrack called 'Home For My Heart's.

-

Also watched Sly Stallone's extremely entertaining 1987 arm wrestling flick Over The Top which I've seen countless times over the years and did manage to get to watch it in the theatres back in the day!

Great fun Cannon Films flick with a winning performance from Stallone and an awesome soundtrack,looks and sounds decent on Blu-ray as well!

https://youtu.be/gB5iDUnx0iY - Over The Top trailer (1987).

https://youtu.be/ucM9qEk1pIc - In This Country by Robin Sander from the soundtrack of Over The Top.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I saw Whoopi Goldberg's Burglar was back upon its home video debut the same as Jumping Jack Flash so I need to get around to checking both of them out again someday soon.

Have watched her comedy thriller Fatal Beauty a couple of times over the years and I found that to be fairly enjoyable!

PS. J2ME you star I just noticed the link to Paternity on YouTube I'm going to give that a watch when I get chance as I've never seen it before!

[ 26. February 2017, 07:51: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smooth Talk (1985)

-

I vaguely remember seeing pieces of this one once when I was younger. Being a kid of maybe 8 or 9 years old it didn't hold my interest much then. But watching it now, my views have changed. It's a pretty darn good 80's drama starring Treat Williams and Laura Dern. I probably would have completely forgotten about this one if I hadn't spotted it in a pile of other films that time has forgotten. Overall I'm glad I picked it up though.

[ 26. February 2017, 18:15: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've been wanting to check out Smooth Talk for quite sometime now Pyro and posted about it in the should I watch this thread a little while back http://www.fast-rewind.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/11895/3.html?#000051 and by the sounds of it,it sounds like a decent watch!
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first half of the movie is kind of boring, but once it picks up in the second half it's quite enjoyable. And both Laura Dern and Treat Williams are great in it. So yeah, I say it's definitely worth a watch young warrior. Whether it's worth purchasing though is iffy. It just depends if you're into these slightly risque kinds of drama films. Personally, I'm very happy I added this great 80's sleeper film to my collection.

[ 26. February 2017, 18:22: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Smooth Talk seems to be region A coded, damn!
Willie D.
Rewind Curious
Member # 37482

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willie D.   Author's Homepage   Email Willie D.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akira 25th Anniversary Blu-Ray
 -

Posts: 6 | From: San Antonio | Registered: Feb 2017 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lotta love for Akira right here!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Thief, I LOVE watching Jim Belushi get it...
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

When the new warden comes in disguised as an inmate, he sees firsthand all the corruption and scams the guards and prison officials are running. When he reveals himself and starts to implement reforms to stop the corruption, the local business community, who had been benefiting from the scams, fights back, and the corrupt prison system starts making political trouble for the new warden.- from IMDb

Slightly overlong but still entertaining 1980 prison drama from director Stuart Rosenberg who the previous year had directed both The Amityville Horror and the fun but critically blasted Charles Bronson thriller Love And Bullets.

Features a star studded cast with the likes of Robert Redford,Yaphet Koto,David Keith,Joe Spinelli,Morgan Freeman,Wilford Brimley infact there's an absolute ton​ of faces that you'll recognise here!

Yeah not bad just a little bit long winded at times and with this amount of talent on show maybe it was fair to be expecting​ something a bit superior!

Still I'd certainly recommend checking it out just for the cast alone and it did hold my attention well enough over its 2 Hr plus running time so I'm going to give it a solid 7/10.

https://youtu.be/-eVzHtmJR7g - Brubaker trailer (1980).

[ 19. March 2017, 06:23: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Inside Moves last week (it is free right now on the Tubi app). Starring John Savage and David Morse. Co-stars Diana Scarwid and Amy Wright.
After a failed suicide attempt leaves him partially crippled, Roary (John Savage) begins spending time at a neighborhood bar full of interesting misfits. When Jerry (David Morse) suddenly finds himself playing basketball for the Golden State Warriors, Roary and the rest of the bar regulars hope his success will provide a lift to their sagging spirits. Will Jerry forget his friends? What about Jerry’s junkie hooker girlfriend and her pimp?
This was a good film, directed by Richard Donner, who directed a few of the Lethal Weapon films. It had an indie film feel to it. It was filmed in 1980 and definitely has that leftover 1970’s vibe to it. This was also David Morse’s first major role, and his first movie. This really did not “feel” like an 80’s movie, but technically it was released in 1981. It was worth a watch.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching 1984's "Repo Man". Still love this outlandish gem.
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
A couple of nights ago, I watched the overlooked scorsese classic "After Hours". It's still a great little movie.

Making of and Deleted Scenes

Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night of the Comet

and Child's Play

Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night of the Comet, I love that film!

Just finished ' Black Moon Rising ' 1986, before heading off to work. The latest Blu-Ray edition is a good transfer.

-

Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home