iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 58)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
It's not like I think Ryan Reynolds is such a hunk or anything

What is wrong with you [Razz]
hahaha! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watched Cedar Rapids... John C Reilly had the funny lines in this one..otherwise it would have been unbearable for me. it was ok, i laughed more at Just Go With It.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are cracking me up over the Ryan Reynolds lol...there's just too much goofiness that sways him to the "love you like a friend" side....now i'm gonna sound like a dude....but Isla and Rachel are hot!....naturally pretty!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cecil B. Demented (2000) - Melanie Griffith, Stephen Dorff, Alicia Witt, Adrian Grenier and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Written and directed by John Waters.
Posts: 4124 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Perfect Getaway (2009)

This was an entertaining thriller written and directed by David Twohy.
Starring Timothy Olyphant, Milla Jovovich, Steve Zahn, Kiele Sanchez, Marley Shelton and Chris Hemsworth.

Solid acting, intense atmosphere and beautiful Hawaii scenery.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me, but had to share this one. Friend of mine invites all his buddies around for beer and a movie. Loads of guys turn up - all cops. Few brewskis are sunk, and then it's time to watch "The 51st State". So they press the play button....

None of them really wanted to watch "50 First Dates".....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK.. I quite enjoyed "The Perfect Getaway". If you can go into it not knowing anything.. I think it is rather entertaining.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexandra's Project (2003). Gary Sweet, Helen Buday. A family man comes home from work one day to find his home dark let alone deserted with a videotape from his wife waiting for him on which she details her complaints about his treatment of her during their marriage.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
aTomiK.. I quite enjoyed "The Perfect Getaway". If you can go into it not knowing anything.. I think it is rather entertaining.

Add me to the list of fans of "The Perfect Getaway," a tidy, well-acted piece with some funny, self-referential jibes at Hollywood. David Twohy has a real knack for writing and directing well-made little thrillers. ("Below," the haunted submarine film with Bruce Greenwood, is my personal favorite.) A friend of mine thinks that Timothy Olyphant is charming and has so much screen presence here. I think that he's right. [Smile] If you haven't seen it or heard anything about it, I wouldn't even watch the trailer, which I think gives way too much away. I saw the film again recently and noticed how cleverly constructed the screenplay really is. Twohy's stuff is always worth checking out. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm intrigued, put it in the queue [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to see Green Lantern last night. Not a bad movie at all...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulsroom
Rewind Curious
Member # 9842

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for paulsroom   Email paulsroom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best films I've seen in the past couple of years is "Atonement" starring James MacAvoy. Everything about the film is perfect, from the opening sequence with highly imaginative background music through to the amazing single pan shot of the beach at Dunquerque. It left me breathless with astonishment.
Posts: 6 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Film night-
Grown ups- Sandler,James,Spade etc- watched this with the kids and its a really funny film with some of todays best comedy stars
Fanboys-Another funny film on the quest to break into George Lucas's house to obtain a copy of a new Star wars film

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Final (2010) Pretty crappy horror about a bunch of teens getting together and torturing their school bullies.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Went to see Green Lantern last night. Not a bad movie at all...

i loved it, Kev. [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I'm sure I'll love it too  -
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I liked A Perfect Getaway. It was pretty obvious what was what but it didn't detract from my enjoyment [Smile]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the plot twist can be seen a mile away if you've seen a few thrillers, but it's a cool little film. Good performances, witty writing, nice scenery.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobo With A Shotgun. Lots of gore and violence. Rutger Hauer rulz even after all these years!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK, Helen, and Crash.. I still think "The Perfect Getaway" is a great movie.. I was lucky to see it without knowing much and I quite enjoyed the plot twist. The flashback was excellent too. [Cool]

Give it a chance everyone!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
aTomiK, Helen, and Crash.. I still think "The Perfect Getaway" is a great movie.. I was lucky to see it without knowing much and I quite enjoyed the plot twist. The flashback was excellent too. [Cool]

Give it a chance everyone!

Valley, I don't think that the three of us dissed this film at all. It may not be "The Conversation" or "Eastern Promises" as far as amazingly tricky plot twists go, but it's quite fun. David Twohy's stuff usually is--and always gets recommended by me. [Smile]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Crash..

I was actually trying to agree with you that it was a decent movie. Re-reading my posting though .. I can see it might not have come across that way.

What I meant was .. that even after several months and looking back on what I wrote when it was fresh after watching it.. I still think it is a good movie. And if you can somehow keep from knowing anything about it.. it will be even better.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I finally got to the only Tarantino I hadn't seen, Inglourious Basterds. The first 20 mins or so I thought I wasn't gonna like it but then it sucked me right in and I thought the second half was really funny  - Christoph and Melanie were great. I think it's one I'll like even more with more viewings. I'd put this 4th behind Dogs, Kill Bill 1 and Death Proof.

[ 12. July 2011, 18:17: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh and I loved the use of The Entity tune lol
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I will bet you haven't seen Four Rooms. Tarantino pretends that it doesn't exist. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home