iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 55)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just watched john carpenter's the ward starring amber heard,got to say i found it to be half way decent,it's not in the same league as halloween or most of his earlier works,but then again i wasn't expecting it to be! it is if compared to most horror releases of late i'd say a competent return to the horror genre for carpenter who has been absent for some time now! not overly gory and featuring maybe one to many false scares it still entertained me for its relatively short running time! i'm sure i clocked it at about 1hr 20. overall it's well worth a watch!

[ 21. May 2011, 02:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched The Joneses (2009)
Written (with Randy T. Dinzler) and directed by Derrick Borte.
Starring David Duchovny, Demi Moore, Amber Heard, Ben Hollingsworth, Gary Cole,
Glenne Headly and Lauren Hutton.

Very smart, interesting story with a good cast.
I hope that this Borte dude will make more movies in the future.
Recommended!

'The Joneses' Trailer

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw "Bridesmaids." Finally a good comedy that revolves around women!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amber heard's popping up in everything lately -the ward,then the joneses ,not that i'm complaining!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Loved Ones, lol this was pretty crazy [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
helen s i watched that with my wife last night,i wasn't expecting to cringe so much ,the bit with the drill,the knife through the bone in his feet,i spent half the time with my hand in front of my face! we both thought it was very well made and we both really enjoyed it!(warning slight spoiler) -the only scene at first i did not go with was the trap door in the house where they kept some of there victims down in a cellar,at first this plot revelation seemed to bug me a bit but then i just thought it's no more crazy than the rest of the movie and just went with it! overall i'd say a great film & that the australian film industry seems to be turning out some really good stuff of late!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I was the same with the trap door part at first. I found it really funny how he managed to get out of it lol
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for ruining the picture for me Helen [Razz]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oops  -
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Roommate
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
What did you think Petty? I thought it was watchable crap [Razz]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snowtown - A fantastic Aussie flick revolving around the true story of Australia's worst serial killings between 1992 and 1999. I found it great but I knew a lot about what happened and it happened in the same city that I live. It's fantastically accurate. A great movie IMO. Just watched it at the movies today.

[ 23. May 2011, 20:13: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was okay...not great, but not horrible either.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helen, i watched The Roomate, i thought it was ok. good for one viewing, at least.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
It knocked me sick when she was piercing her own ears lol
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally caught up with Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, which is quite inventive and entertaining. Edgar Wright really captured the video game/graphic novel feel on film. Highly recommended.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love Scott Pilgrim vs. the World! [Big Grin] bought it when it came out and my first viewing, i didn't like it, but the second time i ended up loving it for some reason, now it's fave.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micheal Cera bugs me....so I haven't brought myslef to watch this one yet?? but if you guys say so?????

I didn't think i'd love Kickass as much as I did but I was pleasantly surprised!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, I liked Scott Pilgrim too! You should definitely watch
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I like Cera's oddness.

Just watched and loved Black Dynamite [Big Grin]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Dynamite is brilliant, one of the best replications of a 70s film that I've ever seen--and it's hilarious. The Cartoon Network here in the U.S. is going to be doing an animated series. I can't wait.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue Valentine. Meh, I wouldn't watch it again. I hated Michelle Williams' character. And I hate in movies, at the beginning, they always have to insert cheesy, cutesy overacting with children. The breakfast scene was enough to make me barf.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Black Dynamite is brilliant, one of the best replications of a 70s film that I've ever seen--and it's hilarious. The Cartoon Network here in the U.S. is going to be doing an animated series. I can't wait.

[Big Grin] Really had me laughing like a loon at times.

I just watched Legion, nothing funny about that [Frown] Nearly sent me to sleep.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched SUPER SIZE ME and FAT HEAD back to back. FAT HEAD was made to say that while fast foods not particularly GOOD for you, you have the final say in what you order when you go in those places. the guy chose everything he ate by what the calories would add up to, tryed to avoid sugars and carbs and he ended up LOSING ten pounds in a month after just eating fast food.

Both movies were interesting....I think I walked away learning what I probably already knew: NO ONE is holding a gun to your head and telling you to order the largest size fries!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Do you like Hitchcock? [Big Grin]

-

This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home