iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your album of the week? (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Your album of the week?
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going back to my roots this week and giving it up for a band that played a key role in turning me into a wild & evil young headbanger.

-

ANGEL WITCH was one of the very first real metal bands I can recall really liking instantly. And their '81 record was certainly among the first that I played over & over to the point of driving my folks insane. [Cool]

ANGEL WITCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OalLJcApsg4

[ 27. July 2011, 14:11: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DEMON
Rewind Curious
Member # 9824

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DEMON   Email DEMON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

very underated album!!
Even if Peter Criss ISN'T the drummer on it(he was "replaced" by Anton Fig from David Letterman band). Still had a decent bunch of songs on it.

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Russel Allen has one of the best voices in prog metal. Really realy realy really underrated band. This could be their best CD yet.

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KISS is great and Symphony X rules!
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fee Waybill: Read My Lips (1984)

Fee is the lead singer of The Tubes and this was his first solo album.
Great pop/rock/aor music!

You're Still Laughing

Caribbean Sunsets

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Going with another Movie Soundtrack this week. Decent movie with a good soundtrack from bands like INXS, Mr. Mister, Andy Taylor..(ect) that I still really enjoy. [Smile]

[ 08. July 2011, 13:49: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

- I think I like it even more than his previous albums.

I'm glad I got the special edition cos Michael is one of the best songs and not on the regular along with a couple others.

[ 10. July 2011, 08:34: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
 -

Going with another Movie Soundtrack this week. Decent movie with a good soundtrack from bands like INXS, Mr. Mister, Andy Taylor..(ect) that I still really enjoy. [Smile]

Pyro, it´s a great soundtrack!
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
van halen 5150
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Tristania - World of Glass (2001)

-

Tristania is/was a very good Norwegian Goth/Symphonic Metal Band. I've listened to this band alot over the past decade, and I do enjoy almost all their records. But this one still has to be my favorite. It's got a great mixture of heavy metal, growling and operatic vocals, and dark brooding musical arrangements & orchestrations that is sure to please any fan of the genre. A true masterpiece if you ask me. So if you're a Goth Metal fan, then I highly recommend giving it a listen if you haven't already. And be sure to crank it up Loud! [Cool]

World of Glass

Crushed Dreams

The Shining Path

[ 31. October 2016, 12:03: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
Tristania - Crushed Dreams

That was fabulous [Big Grin]
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

-

I love Steely Dan, and I love this album. I don't know how I became a Yacht Rock loser, I think I'm going to blame my Dad.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Brunorock - Interaction (2005)

Excellent melodic rock album from this Italian artist.

Brunorock : Pray For The Rain

Brunorock - Now Dies The Truth

-

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Church - Heyday (1986)

A very good 80's alternative band that I'm sure alot of you are already familiar with. I've grown to enjoy this record in particular more and more over the years, and I don't think I'll ever tire of it.

-

NIGHT OF LIGHT

AS YOU WILL

DISENCHANTED

[ 25. August 2011, 20:24: Message edited by: Pyro ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It´s a good album, Pyro.
Back in the high school days, my brother had the Gold Afternoon Fix (1990) cd
and one of my friends listened the album and went crazy [Smile]
He bought all The Church stuff he could find so i know quite a lot about the band.

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got to go with:

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid

in a word - Awesome

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
It´s a good album, Pyro.
Back in the high school days, my brother had the Gold Afternoon Fix (1990) cd
and one of my friends listened the album and went crazy [Smile]
He bought all The Church stuff he could find so i know quite a lot about the band.

That's cool atomic...thats a great album of theirs too.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
FAITH NO MORE - ANGEL DUST (1992)

-

Going with this great record for this week. I just re-re-re-listened to this record about 3 times over the other night, and I still love it.

Mike Patton has worked in numerous bands and side projects throughout his career including bands like: Tomahawk, Fantomas, and he even still did stuff with Mr. Bungle while he was in Faith No More as well. The guy's just a work-a-holic and musical machine.

Everyone who's a fan has their own tastes and opinions on what band Patton did his best work in. For me, it's still gonna have to be Faith No More. Though it's a close call because I enjoy alot of his stuff from other bands too. Tomahawk would probably have to come in a close second to me.

But anyway, back to this great album. This album features what, in my opinion, is some of FNM's finest work. This record still has the ability to entrance me from beginning to end even 20 some-odd years later. It's just an EPIC album...pun intended;)

I love every single song on this record. So it's hard for me to pick any favorites. But if I was forced to at gunpoint, then my favorite standout tracks would have to be as follows:

MIDLIFE CRISIS (Official Video)

SMALLER AND SMALLER

EVERYTHING'S RUINED (Official Video)

MALPRACTICE

****LOBBER

[ 08. April 2016, 15:32: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pick Pyro was gonna be mine too till I saw you posted it. Everything's Ruined and Kindergarten are awesome tracks as well!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Definitely their best, no doubt about it.
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Just Can't Stop It. by The Beat 1980.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Balance: Balance (1981)

Classic aor/pomp album!

Balance - Fly Through The Night

Balance Looking For The Magic

-

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Sisters of Mercy: First and Last and Always (1985):

Since it IS Halloween time, might as well go with one of my favorite records from one of my favorite "Spooky" bands of all time.

POSSESSION

MARIAN (Version)

AMPHETAMINE LOGIC

-

[ 20. October 2011, 06:44: Message edited by: Pyro ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Noel Gallagher's debut album as a solo artist.

Tracklist:

Everybody's On The Run
Dream On
If I Had A Gun...
The Death Of You And Me
(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine
AKA... What A Life!
Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks
AKA... Broken Arrow
(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
Stop the Clocks

I'm really enjoying this album -- considering that Noel was Oasis, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

AKA...What a Life!

If I Had a Gun

The Death of You and Me

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home