iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your album of the week? (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Your album of the week?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew Wilder: Bouncin´ off the Walls (1984)

Great pop album from the man who later produced No Doubt hit album "Tragic Kingdom".

Matthew Wilder - Bouncin´ off the Walls

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got to go with survivor vital signs
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stan Bush: Stan Bush (1983)

Pretty good early 80s album from the Transformers man.

Stan Bush - Fire in My Heart

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April Wine: Nature of the Beast (1981)

-

I was hooked to this band within about 5 seconds of first hearing the intro to "Sign of the Gypsy Queen." Haven't looked back since.

SIGN OF THE GYPSY QUEEN

JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME

CRASH & BURN

[ 10. May 2012, 14:32: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Pointer Sisters: Contact (1985)

Love love love this album!
Two Mr. Mister penned tunes, one written by Robbie Nevil and this excellent song:

Pointer Sisters - Dare Me

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just listened both Spider albums (s/t, 1980 & Between the Lines, 1981).
Excellent stuff, way ahead of it´s time.
It´s a great band:

Amanda Blue lead vocals
Keith lentin guitars, backing vocals
Jimmy Lowell bass, backing vocals
Holly Knight keyboards, backing vocals
Anton Fig drums, percussion, backing vocals

Spider - New Romance

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Arrows: Stand Back (1984)

Imagine the best mid 80s soundtrack and this album is just as good if not better.
Thank god YesterRock re-released this gem last year. Buy or die!

The Arrows - Say it isn´t true

The Arrows - Stand Back

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best scene in the film, "Save Me," by Aimee Mann. Fantastic movie!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flight of the Navigator Soundtrack (1986):

Yup, I'm going with another soundtrack this week...
This movie still ranks as one of my all time favorites from my childhood. And this great all-electronic Sndtrk by Alan Silvestri is part of why it still remains to be. It's one of those soundtracks that may sound very cheesy and aged to some. But for those who still enjoy this film, there is great warmth and nostalgia within these simple synclavier melodies. And it still has the power to transport one back to their childhood from the very first opening note...at least, it does for me. [Cool]

Flight of the Navigator Theme

-

[ 12. September 2012, 07:34: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

3 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Do you know by anychance the song in the "car of geeks"..? some say it is "Trapped in my Mind" by Steve Tyrell(?). That song is not in the soundtrack.
| Site Updates: 3 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

My bro has this Martin Briley package "The Mercury Years (1981-1985)"
and i´ve been listening to it past two weeks.
The package features his first three solo albums and some bonus tracks
including the tune he made for the film All the Right Moves but they didn´t use it in the movie.
Fantastic thinking man´s AOR.

Martin Briley - All the Right Moves

Martin Briley - Put Your Hands on the Screen

Martin Briley - The Salt in My Tears

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Zigyma7ik:
^ Do you know by anychance the song in the "car of geeks"..? some say it is "Trapped in my Mind" by Steve Tyrell(?). That song is not in the soundtrack.

Trapped in my Mind - By David Kitay, Charles Valentino & Stephanie Tyrell...

This is how its listed in the end credits of the movie. Still can't seem to find much info on it anywhere online though.

[ 13. September 2012, 22:33: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Zigyma7ik
unregistered

3 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah thats what I got also. They should've add it in the soundtrack with all the info. Trippy tunes.
| Site Updates: 3 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Track listing

Disc one

"Redbud Tree" – 3:19
"Haul Away" – 4:01
"Don't Forget Your Hat" – 5:15
"Privateering" – 6:19
"Miss You Blues" – 4:18
"Corned Beef City" – 3:32
"Go, Love" – 4:52
"Hot or What" – 4:54
"Yon Two Crows" – 4:26
"Seattle" – 4:17

Disc two

"Kingdom of Gold" – 5:22
"Got to Have Something" – 4:01
"Radio City Serenade" – 5:13
"I Used to Could" – 3:36
"Gator Blood" – 4:15
"Bluebird" – 3:27
"Dream of the Drowned Submariner" – 4:57
"Blood and Water" – 5:19
"Today Is Okay" – 4:45
"After the Bean Stalk" – 3:54

Only just started listening, but loving it already.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Disc 2 of the Bad 25th anniversary. Can't get enough of the demos.

-

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like mark knopfler, really dig that song i dug up a diamond he did with emmylou harris
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw him live back in 05. Great stuff!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
who micheal jackson? did he do thriller?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
No, I saw Mark Knopfler live. He didn't do Thriller [Big Grin]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I can't get enough of Black Sabbath's album Paranoid. Just keep listening over and over and over.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i used to own that album, a friend of my brother's borrowed it and never brought it back
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
THE BIRTHDAY MASSACRE - HIDE & SEEK (2012)

-

Going with this new one from The Birthday Massacre this week. I just got my pre-ordered copy of this album a couple days ago. And I am enjoying it thus far. There's some really good upbeat songs on this record that any fan of this band would come to expect. But also a couple pretty damn good darker more moody songs that I really am enjoying as well. Including the track that would probably have to be my favorite thus far, "Play with Fire." So, I say give this one a listen if you're a fan of this band. Or just of synth-rock in general. A good listen for Halloween time. [Cool]

LEAVING TONIGHT

PLAY WITH FIRE

[ 08. April 2016, 15:06: Message edited by: Pyro ]

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home