iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your album of the week? (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Your album of the week?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it sure is a classic! Love the painting.
Me and my bro still have the original gatefold cover lp.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that cover [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annihilator is a classic band and i own all their albums.
Alice in Hell is a good album, i wouldn´t say it´s their best but in top 5 for sure.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kamelot - The Black Halo (2005)

The Black Halo is the seventh studio album by this great Symphonic Power Metal Band. I just only heard this band for the first time a few years ago, and I've enjoyed almost everything I've heard thus far. I don't know if this would be my particular favorite album by this band that I've heard so far, (the 2001 album "Karma" would be a heavy competitor), But it is definitely a damn good one. So go check it out. [Cool]

Kamelot (ft. Shagrath of Dimmu Borgir) - March of Mephisto

Kamelot - The Black Halo

-

[ 24. January 2012, 14:00: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand Symphonic Power Metal, it's way overly pretentious. And this album has your Man from Dodgy Burger. That says enough.

This week I have been giving Irish Thrasher's Gama Bomb second album Citizen Brian a blast.
Fast, entertaining and packed with stories about Zombies, Alien Invasion, Video Games, Drinking Booze, Superman and Robocop.
Razor Sharp and High Octane

-

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
My favorite Kamelot discs are The Fourth Legacy and Karma. Excellent heavy/power metal.
They went too symphonic after that IMO.

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 -

-

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (1988)

-

I know, this one's kind of a no-brainer for any kind of metalhead isn't it? [Razz] But, a great album is a great album, and it's my pick for this week.

This is arguably among one of the best rock concept albums ever recorded. Mindcrime follows the story of an emotionally disturbed and gullible young man who becomes disillusioned with the society of the time and reluctantly becomes involved with a revolutionary group as an assassin of political leaders. A pretty simple and trite storyline up front, but presented effectively well on this 15-track record. This album is very melodramtic in tone and has a heavy portrayal on the corruption of Catholicism and a broken society in general. So it's kind of understandable why some might think this record is a bit much. But it is a Rock Opera after all, so you can't expect much less.

Some very good vocal range from Geoff Tate on this one. Combine that with some outstanding Duel Guitar work from Chris Degarmo and Michael Wilton, and you've got a masterpiece here. This is a great album to own for any fan of this particular brand of Progressive Hard Rock and one I can still highly recommend. Still easily the best record from this band in my book too.

Operation: Mindcrime

Speak

[ 05. February 2012, 07:47: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Classic album!
Queensryche was one of my favorite bands back in the day.
Too bad that they lost it after the Empire (1990) cd.
(Promised Land (1994) was ok though)

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Operation Mindcrime was immense and the Live DVD's

Operation Livecrime

and

Mindcrime at the Moore

Take the bones of the album and add plenty of meat!!!

Noms Crime [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have the 2 cd´s/1 dvd deluxe edition which includes the awesome Video Mindcrime.

Operation Livecrime is also excellent, never seen Mindcrime at the Moore.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Deathstars - Synthetic Generation (2004)

I'm not a huge fan of this Swedish goth band anymore because I don't think they are quite as good as they used to be when they first came about. But this debut album is still by far their best IMO. I can certainly recommend it for any gothic rock/industrial music fan to add to their collection. If you're a fan of bands like Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie...ect, then you'll probably enjoy this one. Great heavy scary music. [Cool]

Synthetic Generation (Official Video)

New Dead Nation

White Wedding (Cover)

-

[ 10. February 2012, 14:27: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Zappacosta: Over 60 minutes with...

Superb Canadian aor!

Zappacosta - I´ll Give It A Go

Zappacosta - Another Man´s Gain

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helen what is your favorite buddy holly song?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pyro, rainbow rising is a great one

i really like tarot woman on there as well

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
helen what is your favorite buddy holly song?

It's between True Love Ways and Words of Love [Smile]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
State of Rock: A Point of Destiny (2010)

Very good hard rock album featuring ex-Shy singer Tony Mills.

State Of Rock - A Point Of Destiny

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Coney Hatch: s/t (1982)

Cool Canadian hard rock!

Coney Hatch - Hey Operator

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Robert Plant: Manic Nirvana (1990)

Good, solid disc. Damn, this tune rocks!

Robert Plant - Hurting Kind

-

cute456
Rewind Curious
Member # 11386

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cute456   Email cute456   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Riptide.....I'll try to be better about checking in. If I could just get those winning lotto numbers BEFORE the drawing each week....

-------------------

song lyrics

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Fluke - Risotto (1997):

-

Fluke is an English Trance/Elecronica band mainly known for the songs of theirs that have appeared in random movies and video games, such as: The Matrix Reloaded, Wipeout game series, and Need for Speed 2. But if you're a fan of this style of music like I am, than I can definitely recommend picking up this record. Really great stuff to zone out and drift off to for awhile [Cool]

ABSURD

BERMUDA

ATOM BOMB (Official Video)

[ 11. April 2012, 12:33: Message edited by: Pyro ]

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home