iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your album of the week? (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Your album of the week?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Animetal USA (2012)

English-language heavy metal covers of several anime theme songs performed by legendary line-up:
Mike Vescera, Chris Impellitteri, Rudy Sarzo and Scott Travis.
Fantastic US-metal with a twist!

Animetal USA - The Spaceship Yamato

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool album cover

my album of the week

I dont want to go home - Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes

-

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (35th anniversary deluxe edition)

Awesome new edition containing 4 cd's, 1 dvd, the original album on vinyl, and a booklet with
lots of stills and new comments by Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool pick. i really like the song, you can go your own way, i heard that, that song was an inspiration for van halen's dance the night away
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

How much did that go for. Possible investment.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell (2013)

-

Nabataea

Straight Out Of Hell

Helloween is easily one of my all time favorite metal bands still around today. Been a fan since around 1994 when their "Master of the Rings" album came out. Loved all their records before and after, and this one is another great one to add to the library. Highly Recommended for any classic metal fanatic!

[ 21. February 2013, 08:42: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

How much did that go for. Possible investment.

We are DEVO

I bought the Deluxe Collecter's Edition (as pictured in my original post) for 77,49 (in euro's that is).
Whether that's worth it depends on how much you like Fleetwood Mac, and this album in particular.
Personally, i'm very happy with it.

There's also a 3 cd version available which sells for around 20 euro's, i believe.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can´t wait to hear the new Helloween cd, i´ve been a fan since the first "Keeper" album was released back in ´87.
My brother bought the gatefold lp and it´s still in the collection!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty
Rewinder
Member # 8315

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the Scoundrel Days album of A-Ha
1986. It was their second album and is full of dark melancholy. In America really underrated band I think, but in Europe loved during their whole carreer and even now.

Favorite songs
- scoundrel days
- losing you
- cry wolf

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
A-ha is a fantastic band.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Neal Schon: Late night (1989)

Excellent first solo album from Journey legend.

Neal Schon - Late night

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lynyrd Skynyrd: (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd) (1973)

Awesome debut album from the legendary band.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Sinister Souls - Beat The Drum Hard ( 2LP + CD )

I'm probably the only one here who likes this stuff.. but hey, let me have my moment here, okay ?! [Big Grin]
It's an odd mixture of electro, drum n bass and hardcore crossbreed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnPcz1Dyjyw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtVvaH-nqw

Enjoy ! [Razz]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
 -

Sinister Souls - Beat The Drum Hard ( 2LP + CD )

I'm probably the only one here who likes this stuff.. but hey, let me have my moment here, okay ?! [Big Grin]
It's an odd mixture of electro, drum n bass and hardcore crossbreed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnPcz1Dyjyw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtVvaH-nqw

Enjoy ! [Razz]

I have quite a few cybergoth friends online that would probably enjoy something like this if they haven't heard it already. I'm more into straight elecrtonica or industrial myself, but this isn't bad. Way to mix things up though. Nice Pick Johnny [Cool]

[ 20. March 2013, 06:12: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Thank you ! [Smile]

Last year, the same record-label (PRSPCT Records) released another great album.

Bong Ra - Monolith

They actually created a grindhouse-style movie-trailer to promote this album.
Check it out : www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTIKk634ihA

It's an acquired taste, for sure. I love it though ! [Cool]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

This sounds great, and is a real return to form for such a legendary band. Nice to see it doing so well in charts around the world.

Helen, I think you might like this..  - --- Clicky.

Long live Deep Purple?!

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coolio! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Teri DeSario: Caught (1980)

Excellent early 80s AOR!

Teri DeSario - I´ve Got a Secret

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Darkness: Hot Cakes (2012)

Very good cd. You can trust on these guys [Cool]

The Darkness - She Just a Girl, Eddie

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yummy scrummy hot cakes! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's happened to the - what are you listening to at the moment thread ?

has it done a chuck norris on us and gone missing in action .

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still there a few topics down
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers Helen,I had my settings to topics for the last 20 days only.

Silly me [Embarrassed]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Coney Hatch: Friction (1985)

Amazing album from these Canadians. I like all their cd´s but this is the crowning jewel!

Coney Hatch - She´s Gone

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Zappa's 1966 breakthrough double-album, recently re-released on heavy-weight vinyl. Classic stuff !

Here's Zappa's take on social unrest and especially the Watts riots of 1965 :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtk2gozGtbg

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home