iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your album of the week? (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Your album of the week?
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coheed & cambria:
the second stage turbine blade (their first album)

-

Devil In Jersey City
Neverender

[ 03. January 2011, 17:41: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asia: Aqua (1992)

First Asia album with John Payne behind the mic.
Classic stuff!

Asia: Who Will Stop the Rain

Asia: Heaven on Earth

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vinyl Groover
Rewind Curious
Member # 9360

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vinyl Groover   Email Vinyl Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dug out Heaven 17's 'Penthouse & Pavement' having watched the great documentary about it on Youtube. I've got the 'Luxury Gap' LP somewhere too.
Posts: 5 | From: East Anglia, UK | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Very Best Of the Rascals

-

the 60's rock/soul group

i have always known of their hits, heard on the radio over the years, but today i was listening to them and thought... wow, what a great band who's music i never appreciated. they are awesome!

-mustang sally

-beautiful morning

-groovin'

-good lovin'

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert Plant: Now and Zen (1988)
His best solo album. Highly melodic with lots of keys.

Robert Plant- Heaven knows

Robert Plant-Ship of Fools

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Boston Music Hall
Jan 30th 1976

Fantastic quality. Queen were on brilliant form.

Bo Rhap

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Moti Special: Motivation (1985)

Great 80s pop featuring Michael Cretu (Sandra, Enigma)

Moti Special - Cold Days Hot Nights

Moti special - Stop! girls go crazy

-

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one, Atomik. That's a good little obscure album, at least in over here. I can relate to 'Stop! Girls Go Crazy' because when I'm on the street, I have to beat them off with a stick.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah i can imagine [Smile] Would have been a great video.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta go with Bruce Springsteen : Born in the USA
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellbilly 2 Rob Zombie [Smile]
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pretty Maids: Pandemonium (2010)

Pretty Maids - Little Drops of Heaven

-

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOZ SCAGGS HITS!
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boz Scaggs is terrific. I was listening to Alice Cooper's syndicated radio show, and even he played stuff from Silk Degrees and mentioned that while it was not his style, the music is just great. "Love look what you've done to me... I never thought I'd fall again so easily..." Great. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I either love Boz Scaggs or think he sounds like Kermit the Frog. I hate "Love look what you've done to me". Lido Shuffle and Lowdown are great. I bought that album so long ago.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
devo you have to love the song we are all alone, kermit or not its great!

also buster poindexter's oh me oh my, im hooked on that song. the rest of that album is so-so at best. but man that song...

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
my album of this week though is

ZZ TOP TEJAS (i know not a 80's)

a great fusion of country, rock and blues. great tunes like el diablo, enjoy getting it on, she's a heartbreaker, asleep in the desert and my favorite off the album It's only love.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Been listening some Foreigner cd´s lately
and Head Games (1979) was their first truly classic album.

Foreigner-Head Games

-

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i like the album cover
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Unruly Child: World´s Collide (2010)

Unruly Child - When Worlds Collide

Unruly Child - When We Were Young

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

helen, that is a great soundtrack. love it!!
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home