iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 77)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did u know you can get a Furies costume for Halloween
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be cool terdnthepoolggb but I wonder how the police would react to you carrying a baseball bat around [Big Grin]
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

High Plains Drifter (1973)

Very good and grim western. Eastwood in top form and there´s lots of fun characters here.
I second Marc Eliot´s (Eastwood book author) thoughts that Clint is indeed the dead sheriff´s ghost which comes and takes his revenge.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earlier today in another thread we were talking about The Beguiled (1971), which i haven't seen in a very long time.
So i did a quick search to see if it was still available. Turns out a couple of months ago a 8 disc blu-ray box-set
was released which consists of Coogan's Bluff, Two Mules For Sister Sara, The Beguiled, Play Misty For Me, Joe Kidd,
High Plains Drifter, Breezy, and The Eiger Sanction.

So far i only have Coogan's Bluff (on dvd) and High Plains Drifter (on blu-ray).. so i wonder how long i can resist
buying this.. especially because it's currently in stock at Holland's most famous on-line store.

Now this is tempting... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go for it. I finally saw the Clint Eastwood directed Breezy a few months ago. It is excellent.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw any of those except Play Misty for Me (which I love). I love Clint Eastwood ( I have all the Dirty Harry movies on Blu Ray).
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Turns out a couple of months ago a 8 disc blu-ray box-set
was released which consists of Coogan's Bluff, Two Mules For Sister Sara, The Beguiled, Play Misty For Me, Joe Kidd,
High Plains Drifter.

All very good/excellent films. The Beguiled includes many surprising elements considering it was a major studio feature.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered it.

Dammit, i'm weak... [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, thanks Warrior [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah people! High Plains Drifter was my fav. Eastwood westerntill i saw Fistful of Dollars
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

oh yeah people! High Plains Drifter was my fav. Eastwood western till i saw Fistful of Dollars
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Way We Were, starring Robert Redford and Barbra Streisand. For me it was just "meh". She was loud and obnoxious, which I know, that is supposed to be her character. But I thought her acting wasn't that great, like she was overacting directly to the camera.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched Breezy (1973) which was a pretty good film written by Jo Heims (Play Misty for Me) and directed by Clint Eastwood.
William Holden is Frank Harmon, a fifty-something real-estate broker who falls in love with a teen hippie girl Breezy (Kay Lenz in her breakthrough role).
It was a box-office flop back in the day, but Eastwood has said that it´s one of his favourite works.
Lenz is fresh and energetic and you can see her nude many times [Wink] She has a nice body so why hide it? There´s nothing too explicit on offer though.
Holden does a good job as a divorced man who has to wrestle with outside pressure and his inner voice. All in all, it´s a nice little 70s romantic drama.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad that you like Breezy too. It really shows what range Eastwood has as a director. This is the kind of film that is so absolutely unlike him; it's so quiet and low-keyed. Holden and Lenz are both excellent. And Lenz really is adorable. It would be hard for any guy 18-58 not to fall for her. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
She arrived here this morning as well ! [Smile]

well.. not Kay herself unfortunately, but that Clint Eastwood 8 disc blu-ray set i mean.
Still good enough to make me happy though ! [Big Grin]

Speaking of Kay Lenz.. did you guys know she did an audio commentary for the Stripped To Kill dvd
that came out last december ? I haven't listened to it yet, but i think she's a sport for having done
a commentary on that one. Way to go, Kay ! [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
always liked Kay lenz,i've mostly seen her through her 80s pics such as the horror comedy house,stripped to kill and who can forget the scene at the end of death wish 4 when she comes a cropper at the hands of john p ryan.

john p Ryan then get's the old charlie Bronson treatment and is blown to kingdom come.

There has always been a couple of her movies I've been wanting to watch for an age now and they are fast walking from 1982 in which she stars with James woods and mean dog blues in which she appears along side a really solid cast including George Kennedy,scatman brothers and Gregg henry.

A very pretty and talented actress,you can see why rod Stewart was infatuated by her.

http://youtu.be/2VaazQfxGso - rod Stewart music video for infatuation starring Kay lenz.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WestWorld - 1973, directed by Michael Crichton.

Stars: Yul Brynner, Richard Benjamin, James Brolin

My review can be found HERE

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Did you like his later stuff Paul like looker and runaway?

I haven't seen Westworld for a good few years,I watched coma a few years back that was cool!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
It's not 70s but what was physical evidence directed by crichton and starring Burt reynolds like,I did see it when it first hit UK vhs but can't remember next to nothing about it.

Is that trying to tell me something.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched a decent Hammer yesterday, The Devil-Ship Pirates (1964)

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Did you like his later stuff Paul like looker and runaway?

I haven't seen Westworld for a good few years,I watched coma a few years back that was cool!

I've not seen that much of his stuff outside of Jurassic Park, so I'm not really able to judge. I really ought to watch some more of his movies, because there's a strong link between WestWorld and Jurassic Park - I wonder if this has been a theme running through many of his other movies...
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Stranglers Of Bombay (1959) This was pretty good. I loved the snake and mongoose scene [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

you should check out both looker and runaway paul when you get chance,especially runaway,it's a total blast what with killer robot spiders, heat seeking bullets and gene simmons from kiss as the menacing villain.

you can definitely see the connection between jurassic and westworld and the same i would say could be said for runaway and westworld what with malfunctioning robots,etc.- artificial intelligence turning on mankind.

i reckon it would be a good one actually paul to review on your site.

i personally think it's a really fun movie,i last watched it about 2 years back and i reckon it holds up pretty well,some people say it looks pretty dated but i don't think so myself.

the only thing i think doesn't hold up so well is the heat seeking bullet effects -
http://youtu.be/heMboVN12r0 - they look pretty comical.

ps i agree about rick moranis in your streets of fire review that other than streets of fire and the odd other film he can sometimes be slightly annoying. [Big Grin]

[ 09. February 2015, 17:05: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
The Stranglers Of Bombay (1959) This was pretty good. I loved the snake and mongoose scene [Big Grin]

helen have you ever watched - any which way you can with clint eastwood,that's got a rattle snake vs mongoose battle

i remember years back when i viewed it as a youngster that scene always stuck in my head,it happens near the beginning of the movie when all these mafioso types are stood around this pen and they chuck a mongoose in and then lift up this box or what ever it was and there's this rattle snake underneath.

the mongoose and the rattle snake then battle it out and mongoose gets fatally bit.

i noticed in all later versions of this movie this scene was missing,anyhow not long back i ordered the twin pack blu ray from the states and it has the whole scene in its entirety.

got to admit when i watched it lately this scene seemed quite out of tone with the rest of the movie considering it was meant to be a family comedy. [Big Grin]

[ 10. February 2015, 02:50: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
LOL!

I have seen it but it must of been the cut version because I'm sure I'd of remembered that haha.

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home