iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 79)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Summer Camp (1979)

"The director of a failing summer camp decides to invite campers from ten years ago for a free weekend event, hoping that he can trick them into fixing up the place and also get their families to provide them some financial support. The boys and girls return to the camp and play pranks on each other and try to score with the other campers and the staff."

Panty Raids... Short Sheets... Food Fights... After 'LIGHTS OUT' It's 'GROSS OUT!'

An R-rated Meatballs. Very poor.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint Eastwood marathon continued with Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974) and The Eiger Sanction (1975).

While both are enjoyable films, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot has much better story. George Kennedy is in both movies and Eastwood became friends with him.
Lots of cool characters, beautiful girls and gritty, 70s style action which i love. Good stuff!

Eastwood and Kennedy enjoying a beer in Arizona
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Just watched one of my fave Pacino flicks ...And Justice For All. Takes you through so many emotions. First half is lighter, quite funny but the second has my stomach in knots by the time it gets to the end courtroom shenanigans. And then the final scene always has me cracking up through the credits [Big Grin]

-

i can remember watching this with my parents many years back and thinking it was a really great movie.

not seen it in years,i need to check this one out again.

pacino's such a great actor,few months back i watched donnie brasco again for the umpteenth time and everytime i watch it i'm completely mesmerized by his performance.

there's a few actors that can do this,chris walken is another one when i watched him in the dead zone for the first time and when he meets his tragic end i was completely gobsmacked.
i felt so gutted!

some actors can portray there characters so well,there on different level altogether!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to watch few 70s Pacino movies. I own And Justice for All deluxe edition dvd but i´ve never seen the film.
I also bought Bobby Deerfield few months ago, it´s about time to check those out.
The Dead Zone is a magical film. No matter if you´ve only seen it once, it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pacino is the greatest!

Last night I watched Puppet On A Chain. Some fun fights and boat chase scenes but not all that great otherwise.

-

[ 15. March 2015, 06:01: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOOO-WAHHHH, Pa-CI-no is THE greatEST (accenting random syllables like the great Al Pacino). You know what's sad though, the heroes of my youth, DeNiro and Pacino, now late in life getting stuck in stuff way beneath their abilities like DeNiro's Red Lights and Pacino's cameo in Jack and Jill. If I were an established actor with a good resume who starts getting offered crap or mostly direct-to-digital stuff--are you listening John Cusack?--I think that I'd hang it up.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie, 1964 Hitchcock film starring Tippi Hedren and Sean Connery. From the collection my hubs and I bought that I mentioned earlier. I don't think it was one of Alfred's best movies. The overacting and histrionics were laughable. Hard to believe she is the Mother of Melanie Griffith.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Btw Crash, I am in total agreement. There has got to be some better parts for two of the greatest actors, other than the latest craptastic stuff they've done!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making my way through the Dirty Harry Collection.

-
"When a mad man calling himself 'the Scorpio Killer' menaces the city, tough as nails San Francisco Police Inspector Harry Callahan is assigned to track down and ferret out the crazed psychopath."

After all these years, this is still a bona fide classic.  -

-
"Dirty Harry is on the trail of vigilante cops who are not above going beyond the law to kill the city's undesirables."

A great follow up. Almost as good as the original.  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched this doc the other day, Easy Riders, Raging Bulls. Highly recommend it [Smile]

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sexual antics, numerous people acting suspiciously, implausible plot-turns, and black-gloved killers :

It's giallo time !  -

-

Love And Death In The Garden Of The Gods (1972)

Very obscure piece of Euro-sleaze finally found its way to dvd last year on a high-quality release from Germany.

Actually it's more a psycho-sexual descent into madness rather than a full-blown giallo.

Directed by Sauro Scavolini (brother of Nightmares In A Damaged Brain director Romano Scavolini),
better known as the writer of several more familiar gialli such as The Case Of The Scorpion's Tail (1971)
and Your Vice Is A Locked Room And Only I Have The Key (1972).

Check out the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMmr8uLhT6g

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watched an underrated Hammer, The Kiss Of The Vampire (1963) Has some unusual stuff in this one and a killer ending [Big Grin]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never even heard of "Love and Death in the Garden of the Gods"! I must check it out.

Helen, did you know that when "Kiss of the Vampire" was purchased for showing on US network TV back in the day, they changed the title to "Kiss of Evil" and added six minutes of newly shot footage? They did the same thing with "Hands of The Ripper," adding footage.

[ 20. March 2015, 11:05: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year, there were another two previously thought-to-be-lost giallo gems restored to near-perfection :

-  -

The Killer Reserved Nine Seats (1974) directed by Giuseppe Bennati,
and Nine Guests For A Crime (1977) directed by Ferdinando Baldi.

They may be hard to find and a bit expensive.. but they're soooooo worth it.. trust me ! [Smile]

Definitely among the 10 best dvd / blu-ray releases of 2014.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -  -

Two classics from 1971.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This comes on the UK channel - more movies soon,this is another Bronson flick I've never seen 1970s - you can't win em all with Bronson and tony Curtis.

Any one seen this one before,any good?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Love the poster, warrior. Never seen the film but would like to.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Just finished watching the 3rd movie in the Dirty Harry series: The Enforcer (1976).

Not as good as the first two. It's still very watchable, but the drop in quality was very apparent.

[ 24. March 2015, 04:57: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
The Dirty Harry films decrease a step in quality with each film. Dirty Harry is a masterpiece, Magnum Force is excellent, and The Enforcer is good, but not great. The last two, Sudden Impact, and particularly, The Dead Pool, just burned out the series. A shame... Clint really should've stopped while he was ahead.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Aww, did we lose our wonderful Giallo thread [Frown]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
I have never even heard of "Love and Death in the Garden of the Gods"! I must check it out.

Helen, did you know that when "Kiss of the Vampire" was purchased for showing on US network TV back in the day, they changed the title to "Kiss of Evil" and added six minutes of newly shot footage? They did the same thing with "Hands of The Ripper," adding footage.

I did not know. Did the added footage add anything? [Razz]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
The word 'added' might be a give-away. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Tehehe [Big Grin]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Aww, did we lose our wonderful Giallo thread [Frown]

We did ! [Frown]

I'm still mourning...

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Continued watching Eastwood films with Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
What a marvelous revisionist Western it was set during and after the American Civil War.
Cool cast includes Clint, Chief Dan George, Geraldine Keams, Bill McKinney, John Vernon and Sondra Locke.
Awesome characters, lots of witty dialog and excellent cinematography once again by Bruce Surtees. Highly recommended!

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home