iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Tickler.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Blood On Satan's Claw [Cool]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan's Cheerleaders from 1977 (this movie is wacked. My friend Greg got me into it. I thoroughly enjoy the really bad special effects. This makes the demon scene in Ammityville Horror look like CGI..lol!)

and

The Van circa '77

Sometimes it's okay to leave the land of the 80's [Wink] !

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since there's no forum in which to put these the last five movies I've watched have been

A Fistful of Dollars(1964) 7/10
For a Few Dollars More(1965) 8/10
AlFred Hitch****s: The Birds(1962) 8/10
The Maltese Falcon(1941) 9/10
12 Angry Men(1957) 10/10

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beast Must Die - One of my favourite werewolf films [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnum Force
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Big Sleep(1946) 8/10

Bogart & Bacall. Howard Hawks director. One of the sexiest cast of actresses I've ever seen in a movie.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DAY OF THE JACKAL

ALL THE PRESIDENTS MEN

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
A Clockwork Orange
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
A Clockwork Orange

Don't get me started... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
A Clockwork Orange

Great movie.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Treasure Of The Sierra Madre(1948) 10/10

Bogart & Walter Huston directed by John Huston

absolutely one of the best movies I've ever seen

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

North By Northwest(1959) 8.5/10

Cary Grant & Eva Marie Saint directed by Alfred Hitch****

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
"Life is a cabaret, old chum.."  -
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MR. MAJESTYK
THE VALACHI PAPERS
DEATH WISH
THE MECHANIC

Bought a bunch of Bronson flicks..... damn he was a badazz back in the day!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Network(1976) 8/10

Faye Dunaway
William Holden
Peter Finch
Robert Duvall
Ned Beatty

Directed by Sidney Lumet

satirical look at the television industry that was eerily prophetic.

I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Taxi Driver(1976) 9/10

Robert DeNiro
Cybill Sheppard
Albert Brooks
Harvey Keitel
Peter Boyle
Jodie Foster

Directed by Martin Scorsese

You talkin' to me?

Interesting note these last two movies were both nominated for best picture and both lost to Rocky

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I could never wrap my head around HOW ON EARTH... Taxi Driver could lose to Rocky.... I mean come on!!! well, one is upbeat, the other is downbeat... the Oscars are a joke in my mind, they mean absolutely nothing to me!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seen a few:

Straw Dogs
Legend of Hell House
Suspiria
The Mechanic
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugsy Malone - wicked film i used to watch it every sunday when i was a kid !!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
The taking of pelham 123

the seven up's

the sicilian clan (1969)

all awesome!!

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
The taking of pelham 123

the seven up's

the sicilian clan (1969)

all awesome!!

JAYLEE,

Was the seven up's the one where they did a bank robbery?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
No, Roy Scheider is a tough cop, leading a small group of other tough cops, using "questionable" methods to take down criminals! Great action and car chases, one of those gritty 70's New York flicks, akin to French Connection!

watched ...Tick...Tick...Tick... (1970) last night, with Jim Brown and George Kennedy!

Jim Brown was actually a good actor, before he became the typical blaxploitation guy, spouting off one liners and kicking "whitey's" azzz! I enjoy those movies too, no doubt! But in this one, he really gave a great performance, as the newly elected black sheriff in a racist southern town!

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Rio Bravo(1959) 7/10

John Wayne
Dean Martin
Ricky Nelson
Walter Brennan
Angie ****inson

Howard Hawks Director

A little disappointed in this one. Have always heard this was one of the great westerns but I just wasn't overwhelmed.

The Duke was The Duke which is never a bad thing. I found both Martin & Nelson to be unbelievable as deputies and thought the musical interludes by them were out of place and just a way to capitalize on their fame as singers. Brennan although his part was the comic relief I thought he was overacting and it just seemed unnatural. ****inson was hot as always and what more would you expect from a North Dakota girl [Big Grin] But her love interest with The Duke seemed forced and I didn't feel the chemistry between the two of them. Perhaps the 25+ year age difference had something to do with that.

Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Close encounters of a third kind great movie and the effects still stand up well today the cast and acting is top notch.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home