iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 69)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I watched my fave horror Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
My favorite Herzog/Kinski film. It's an amazing movie on so many levels, but, for me, that last scene is one of the most unforgettable scenes in any movie.

I have this film on DVD, Crash. Have you read the entry for Don Lope de Aguirre in The Great Book of Movie Villains?
No, I have not. Enlighten me! [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash, Helen..

here are some new dvd-r releases from the Warner Archives collection that i just know you will love [Smile]

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Love love love The Sorcerers. I don't think I've seen the Vincent Price one.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
paradise alley

i really liked this one. great look to it, great story, i remember hearing it was a dud, totally heard wrong.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Queen Of Spades (1949) [Smile]

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Ring of Terror (1962) I'm just grateful that it was only 64 mins long.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen all three of the new WB Archives Halloween films. Love 'em, including the nutty must-see-it-to-believe-it Opium Eater, with Vincent Price as a sailor! [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on the mgm chanel, coming up in a week or so, scream and scream again with vincent price willing be showing.

so whats the word on this one guys, is it a good one?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
It is interesting in a weird sort of way. You have the three great modern horror stars--Price, Cushing, and Lee, although Lee doesn't have much to do, and Cushing has less--in a film with something like three or four plots going on simultaneously. It is hard to follow exactly where it is all going, but it's never dull, and there is a dynamite chase scene. I remember seeing it way back when I was a kid and thinking that it was a convoluted mess, but while it is still not great, it has kind of grown on me over the years. It is just so different from the usual films of that era--part horror, part sci-fi, part police procedural, part spy film. Good looking film with screenplay by Christopher Wicking who wrote Cry of the Banshee and The Oblong Box and direction by Gordon Hessler Who directed both of those as well The Golden Voyage of Sinbad. You will either hate it or scratch your head and go, "That was nuts." It's worth a look.

[ 10. October 2012, 21:16: Message edited by: Crash ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
What Crash said [Razz] Now I have that daft song stuck in my head.

I just watched Locusts (1974) Mostly dull and cheesy in a really bad way.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind Over Murder (1979)

"A beautiful model´s discovery that she has psychic powers leads her on a nightmarish search
for a mass murderer, a search in which she becomes the hunted."

This was a cool made-for-tv thriller directed by Ivan Nagy.
Starring Deborah Raffin ( Nightmare in Badham County, Death Wish 3), David Ackroyd, Bruce Davison,
Andrew Prine (The Evil, They´re Playing with Fire) and Robert Englund.

Raffin did a very good job and i loved the overall haunting feel.

Mind Over Murder trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978)

Interesting but pretty typical cannibal flick directed by Sergio Martino
and starring Ursula Andress, Stacy Keach and Claudio Cassinelli.

The animal violence scenes are quite hard to watch
and this film is definitely not for everyone.
Ursula Andress looks gorgeous though.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Mountain Of The Cannibal God is probably the most adventurous of the the cannibal-movie sub-genre.
And it will come as no surprise that Mountain Of The Cannibal God is right up my alley ! [Big Grin]

My own last 70's movie i've watched is Wicked Women (aka Frauen Ohne Unschuld, 1977),
directed by Jess Franco and starring the late Lina Romay.

Interesting combination of a 'women-in-prison' flick and 'giallo'-esque elements.
Sex and nudity aplenty (after all, this is a Jess Franco movie), though not as sleazy as several
other WIP movies he did around the same time, such as Barbed Wire Dolls, Women In Cellblock 9
and Love Camp.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
At the weekend I went to see the original 1925 silent version of Ben-Hur with live orchestra conducted by Carl Davis. I've seen the film before but it was a million times more special like this [Big Grin] [Cool]

-

[ 30. October 2012, 06:46: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
mountain of the cannibal god, looks like a conan the barbarian story
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It´s just even more brutal compared to Conan.
I´ve watched few cannibal flicks during the last year or so
and there´s still few i want to see.

Johnny, i´ve never seen any Jess Franco films. Can you believe it? [Smile]

Helen, sounds like a very nice and special evening there.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Keep it that way Atomik, they are like slow torture (apart from Count Dracula, I love that one), but the masochist in me always watches whenever I see one I've yet to watch on  -
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
[Smile] [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Crash will be in here any minute to rant about his zooms LOL
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
His use of zooming in (or out) isn't more obtrusive as it is in your average Hong Kong martial-arts flick.

I've been collecting Jess Franco movies since the 90's and currently i'm the proud owner of
nearly 90 Franco movies. [Cool]

Eugenie, The Story Of Her Journey Into Perversion.. Vampyros Lesbos.. Lorna, The Exorcist..
A Virgin Among The Living Dead.. Eugenie De Sade.. all very good !

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
I've been collecting Jess Franco movies since the 90's and currently i'm the proud owner of
nearly 90 Franco movies. [Cool]

-
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Helen,

didn't you like The Bloody Judge ?
Christopher Lee was pretty good in that one.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh yes, that one was good [Smile] Just thought of another decent one too, Jack the ripper.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
A Virgin Among The Living Dead.

I know about A Virgin Among The Living Dead. I have watched it on SBS.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home