iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 67)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
It was like a trippy extra-long episode of 'The Saint'.

Yes, that's a good way of putting it lol

I watched 2 wonderful Amicus films I've seen a thousand times, The House That Dripped Blood and The Beast Must Die (1974)

-

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Good stuff. The last one from Amicus I saw was Asylum.

Aguirre, the Wrath of God.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aguirre is terrific. That last scene is unforgettable.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just received this excellent edition of John Carpenter's Assault On Precinct 13 :

-

It's a German import 3 disc edition.
Blu-ray / dvd combo plus a third disc containing the 2003 documentary Do You Remember Laurie Zimmer ?,
about the real-life disappearance of actress Laurie Zimmer, star of Assault On Precinct 13.

Pretty happy with this one ! [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Assault on Precinct 13" is probably my favorite John Carpenter film. It's small in scope but brilliantly vivid in atmosphere, technique, and suspense. And what's not to like about characters, who--for me at least--go well beyond the usual genre stereotypes? I have the old-school, big-platter laser disc with Carpenter's excellent commentary, but it doesn't have the documentary on Laurie Zimmer, who dropped out of acting to become a teacher, I think. Pity. She's really good in this film, one of only a handful that she did.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fave Carpenter film too, just wonderful with the greatest kid death LOL

Just watched A Candle For The Devil. It was pretty entertaining film about 2 sisters who hack and slash any female guest in their hotel that they deem immoral.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Zigyma7ik:
^ Good stuff. The last one from Amicus I saw was Asylum.

Another goodun [Smile] There's only a few Amicus' I don't care for.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vigilante Force (1976)

Around the same time when Roger Corman produced Fighting Mad and Moving Violation, his brother Gene Corman
produced this suspiciously similar, old-fashioned, Americana actioner.

Jan-Michael Vincent and Kris Kristofferson star.
Supporting roles come from Bernadette Peters, Victoria Principal, David Doyle (Charlie's Angels)
and Paul Gleason.

Writer / director George Armitage would go on to make Miami Blues (1990) and Grosse Point Blank (1997).

Credited as 'producer's assistant' is Barbara Peeters, who would go on to direct
Humanoids From The Deep for Roger Corman.

Vigilante Force trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEDPfUBtP8

[ 05. September 2012, 03:32: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

Tombs of the Blind Dead 1972
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Black Torment (1964) Marvelous
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flight of the Phoneix

it was a good one, i like jimmy stewart, always plays likeable characters, but in this one i think he was a stubborn pain in the neck

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Twins of Evil, Countess Dracula, Raw Meat (a/k/a Deathline), and Psychomania (a/k/a The Death Wheelers) at the Super Monsterama at the Riverside Drive-In, Vandergrift, Pennsylvania. (I'll try to find the ad and post it.) All films are favorites, and they were shown in beautiful, uncut prints. Raw Meat, a lost gem, is my absolute favorite, and it, along with Psychomania, deserves to be shown at a drive-in in the wee hours of the morning. It's just so much more effective that way. [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
4 amazing films [Big Grin]

Just watched The Bad Seed (1956) for the first time in years, brill [Big Grin]

-

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there a bad seed tote bag in your future?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Confession box set

Confessions of a....Driving Instructor, Pop Performer, Window Cleaner and From A Holiday Camp. Robin Askwith stars of Timmy Lea, who has a fair few "encounters" with suburban housewives in 1970's London. Fair amount of nudity with a splattering of British comedy guest stars.

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Hey, i have that box-set too ! [Smile]

Good, old-fashioned, raunchy but harmless fun. I think Holiday Camp is my favorite of the bunch.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
is there a bad seed tote bag in your future?

- Not quite but maybe a Nosferatu one I have my eye on [Razz]
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Silencers (1966)

8/10 from me.

Review on my blog HERE

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan's Run. Fell asleep after half an hour. If it weren't for Jenny Agutter it would have been half that.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Jenny Agutter is a goddess! Check her out in China 9, Liberty 37. So very, very attractive!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is/was super super sexy. I think I am in love. She looked better in AWIL than this though even if she was 5 years older. I will check out those flicks but purely for the skin [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved her in The Man in the Iron Mask (1977).
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen China 9, Liberty 37 but it was released on VHS here back in the day.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home