iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 50)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ghost And Mrs. Muir (1947) Gorgeous film  -

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh Helen!!! Gene Tierney.....I've always known of this one but haven't seen it.....i'm on it [Smile] .....especially since you gave it heart!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Muffy, I'm sure you'll love it! Yeah Gene is great isn't she [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The Ghost and Mrs. Muir' and 'Laura' - two of my favourite movies getting some Rewind love!

Another great (but *very* different) Gene role is 'Leave Her to Heaven'. I think she was Oscar nom'd for it.

Pop trivia: Agatha Christie based 'The Mirror Crack'd' on a real event in Gene Tierney's life.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the biography of Gene Tierney they had on the Laura dvd Logan!!!

Is it based on her battle with metal disorders? or her daughter maybe? Gene had a tough life......such a great actress and beautiful......the biography is well worth watching!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is it based on her battle with metal disorders? or her daughter maybe? Gene had a tough life......such a great actress and beautiful......the biography is well worth watching!
Gene contracted measles attending a fund-raising event for war bonds while pregnant. Her daughter was born severely mentally handicapped and needed care for the rest of her life. Gene wanted nothing more than to be a mom and she was devastated and blamed herself.
Years later a woman approached her at a party and told her she'd been her favourite actress when she was younger, and that she'd snuck out of quarantine while infected with measles to come and see her at a signing, even managing to kiss her on the cheek.

You get the picture. Agatha Christie used that as the basis for the plot of The Mirror Crack'd.

[ 07. September 2011, 13:51: Message edited by: Logan 5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Depressing [Frown]
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a trifecta of sci-fi/horror movies that I watched recently:

Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster (1964): I have Classic Media's 2007 DVD release with the Japanese and American versions. This is one of my favorites in the Godzilla series for the mix of monsters, human subplots, special effects, and music. The Japanese version, as usually is the case with kaiju eiga, is better than the English-dubbed equivalent. The original version has a smoother flow in terms of the plot and how the events play out. The scenes where Godzilla and Rodan first make their entrances are well constructed (having Godzilla rise from the ocean to destroy an ocean liner is apropos), as is Ghidorah's emerging from the meteorite. The climactic battle with Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan against Ghidorah is one of the most fun and exciting sequences in kaiju history.

Revenge of the Creature: A solid sequel to one of my favorite classic horror movies. I liked the plot of having the Creature brought into captivity at a marine park and escaping. I've always liked the kinds of horror/sci-fi movies where monsters from exotic, natural environments strike back at humanity in so-called modern civilization. John Agar and Lori Nelson make a good pairing as scientists. Although Nelson's character is not the same as Julie Adams's from the original movie, she does make a good substitute in the eye candy and acting departments. Look for Clint Eastwood in a brief role as a lab assistant goofing around with a lab rat. There's some gorgeous Florida scenery in Revenge of the Creature, too. It's available as part of the Creature from the Black Lagoon Legacy Collection from Universal (it's got the entire trilogy).

Horror of the Blood Monsters: Yikes, is this movie horrible! Say what you will about Ed Wood or Bert I. Gordon, but at least they put some effort into their movies. Al Adamson belongs in the same ranks as equally terrible directors like Ted V. Mikels, Nick Millard, and David L. Hewitt. How bad is Horror of the Blood Monsters? At least 40 minutes of it is taken from other movies (among them, One Million B.C., Unknown Island, and some Filipino movie called Tagani). There's a toy model used for a spaceship, Halloween-store vampire fangs, weird tinting, and John Carradine looking and acting miserable. There's absolutely no reason to watch this garbage unless you feel like punishing yourself. Image released this back in 2003, but don't even bother getting it, unless you need a coaster or want to practice skeet shooting.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Eek,I own Horror of the blood monsters. Truly horrible. Gotta love the inflatable T-Rex lol

I got it in this box with other horrid films a few years ago but blood monsters was the worst. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Cult-Movie-Collection-Disc/dp/B0009YVCVI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315430782&sr=8-1

[ 07. September 2011, 14:22: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Depressing [Frown]

Very.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Plumber (1979). Robert Coleby, Judy Morris and Ivar Kants. A plumber is allowed to set foot in a couple's flat, where he proceeds to tear the bathroom apart. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Erm, what hahaha [Big Grin]
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
five easy pieces, i think the only reason i like this movie is jack nicholoson, i was entertained, but then again it was a boring story. this has the same tempo as the last detail, but i really like that story. anybody else think the same?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love 'em both!
Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah but didnt you think the five easy pieces story was kinda boring?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It moved a little slow, really focused on the characters and their relationships, but I didn't find it boring, no.
Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
did you think it was funny when him and john ryan were fighting?
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
It's been a kind of long time since I've seen it, I don't really remember that part.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zach and Helen, Al Adamson makes Ed Wood look like Orson Welles. Many years ago, around 1984 or 85, I think, I went to a dusk-to-dawn show at a drive-in. Wouldn't you know it, but Blood Monsters was playing under yet another title that had been crudely spliced into the opening credits. That thing just wouldn't die! Have you seen any of Adamson's Westerns? They are like watching kids in the yard play cowboys and Indians. [Smile]

[ 08. September 2011, 23:22: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Burnett:
I love 'em both!

Me too!
Let´s face it, Nicholson did his best movies in the 70s.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me three! Add King of Marvin Gardens in there too. He's great in it.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Zach and Helen, Al Adamson makes Ed Wood look like Orson Welles. Many years ago, around 1984 or 85, I think, I went to a dusk-to-dawn show at a drive-in. Wouldn't you know it, but Blood Monsters was playing under yet another title that had been crudely spliced into the opening credits. That thing just wouldn't die! Have you seen any of Adamson's Westerns? They are like watching kids in the yard play cowboys and Indians. [Smile]

lol poor you. No I haven't but I can imagine [Razz] Out of the 5 films I've seen Satan's Sadists is the only one I'd repeat watch for bad entertainment haha

The Good Package is on 666 posts [Razz]

I last watched Meet Me In St. Louis (1944) [Smile]

[ 09. September 2011, 03:04: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
there was a few times dining out at resturants i thought of the scenes from these movies, hold the chicken, and you ordered the cheese melted, your paying for it so thats what your gonna get

and i start laughing sometimes

nicholson always does a good scene in a resturant

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
The Plumber (1979). Robert Coleby, Judy Morris and Ivar Kants. A plumber is allowed to set foot in a couple's flat, where he proceeds to tear the bathroom apart. [Big Grin]

I just watched it, that was friggin' hysterical [Big Grin] How stupid was the woman? He tells her this story of being in prison cos he was a cat burglar and took tools with him to say he was the plumber if caught. Then immediately after she leaves him in the house and goes out with a friend, bahaha! That ending LOL

[ 09. September 2011, 10:07: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
Another great (but *very* different) Gene role is 'Leave Her to Heaven'. I think she was Oscar nom'd for it.

Gene was certainly nominated for an Oscar for her acting in "Leave Her to Heaven," Logan 5.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037865/awards

Helen S, it is gratifying to see that you appreciated "The Plumber."

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home