iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 49)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crossbar (1979)

"The story of an Olympic high jumper, played by Brent Carver,
who loses his leg and yet doggedly persists in his pursuit of athletic glory." (IMDb)

A decent Canadian biopic starring Brent Carver, Kim Cattrall, John Ireland and Kate Reid.
The movie is available on dvd in Australia.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Whistle Down the Wind (1961) Still fabulous
You can't call a cat 'spider'!

Written by Hayley's mum.

quote:
The Stone Killer (1973) Another Charles Bronson film just love his stuff, once again hes a cop with a vendetta
See it on Channel 5? I was in the room when they were showing it and the girl in the suite was having a meltdown. I tried to distract her by pointing out how funky the 70's was.

quote:
Because of the handsome JayLee's writeup, I watched this today........and it was great! I loved every minute of it. Jay you are right about every star in your description. It was crazy for me to see Vincent Price younger and not the horror man I remember. Gene Tierney was beautiful and alluring for sure, and yes Dana Andrews was "cooler then a polarbear's nutsack!" He calls women "dames" haha I really loved watching this classic and the great Biography extras that were on the DVD. [Smile] Thanks Jay!
Friggin' love Laura!

... and Freaky Friday... and A Little Romance.

[ 18. August 2011, 07:54: Message edited by: Logan 5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
You can't call a cat 'spider'!

[Big Grin]

Where have you been for so long? [Eek!]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Where have you been for so long? [Eek!]
I was hired to play young Mickey Rourke in a biopic of his life. It's a curse.

No, seriously, I went out for some pizza and you would not believe what happened...

-

... and then everyone started rioting! London was on fire! I thought; all this over an empty crisp packet?! This shirt really is cursed! I'd better update my twitter account right now!

Oh... it appears some of my text has been censored by the government. Never mind... who'd have believed me anyway?

PS: Hello again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Id4_t2izk

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it!  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Friggin' love Laura!

... and Freaky Friday... and A Little Romance.

Logan I always knew you were cool! [Cool]

I just watched Over the Edge for the first time ever!! It's always been on my wish list....what an awesome movie!!...Matt Dillon sure could pull off a half shirt [Wink] I now want to watch My Bodyguard and Class of 1984 all over again haha....Bodyguard for Dillon as a delinquent and 84' for teen violence woooo hooo!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Logan I always knew you were cool! [Cool]
Too right! We're the cool kids!

quote:
I just watched Over the Edge for the first time ever!! It's always been on my wish list....what an awesome movie!!...Matt Dillon sure could pull off a half shirt [Wink] I now want to watch My Bodyguard and Class of 1984 all over again haha....Bodyguard for Dillon as a delinquent and 84' for teen violence woooo hooo!
Over the Edge is another low-budget classic. I remember watching it on late-night TV in the 80's and being scarred by the end scene. Dillon was great around that time; Over the Edge, Little Darlings, My Bodyguard - a triple whammy!
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Over the Edge!
Fantastic cast and soundtrack.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Atomik and Logan!!............I can't stop thinking about it.....I need to own it! I've told a couple friends to see it.....we'll see what they think?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I jump in here? "Over the Edge" is excellent. [Wink]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
That has been in my amazon basket for literally years lol. Time to finally get it [Big Grin]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
It was one of those impossible to find VHS's years ago. For what it's worth - the Over the Edge DVD has a commentary on it.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. BBC mini series from 1979 starring Alec Guiness in about his first TV role as John Le Carre's spy George Smiley. 1979 with the creme de la creme of British acting talent. 8/10.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the mini-series "Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy" is excellent. Why they needed to remake it as a film--even with Gary Oldman and company--is just beyond me. Most of the folks who go to movies today--i.e., teenagers--(a) do not want to see an intellectual plot with very little action; and (b) will have no clue about the Cold War and the issues depicted. Whle I appreciate their looking out for us film buffs, I can't figure how this thing ever got the green light. Unless you subscribe to the theory that no one is creative anymore, just remake a not-too-old, perfectly fine thing...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true. It is almost impossible to have any meaningful relevance in 2011. God forbid, they remake the Harry Palmer stories. Even the last two that Michael Caine were only passable.
These spy storoes are deliberately slow paced. You can imagine some bright spark getting Jerry Bruckheimer to remake one.

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
House (1977) I don't know what the hell that was but kinda just enjoyed going with the flow of whatever it was LOL I think I must of seen this when I was little, for as far back as I remember I had this thing about pianos being able to eat ya LMAO I blame this [Razz]

-

[ 30. August 2011, 13:41: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Wild Bunch (1969)

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Love Peckinpah, love The Wild Bunch. I take it that you watched the restored cut. [Smile] I've always found it interesting that with Peckinpah and Leone, their films were not really appreciated until years later. Now they are revered. It proves how worthless movie critics are at times.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I don't know, it was on TCM. Yeah me too, liked everything I've seen from Peckinpah [Smile]
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Quite a c.v. Died relatively young.

1983 The Osterman Weekend

1982 Jinxed! (uncredited)

1978 Convoy

1977 Cross of Iron

1975 The Killer Elite

1974 Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

1973 Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid

1972 The Getaway

1972 Junior Bonner

1971 Straw Dogs

1970 The Ballad of Cable Hogue

1969 The Wild Bunch

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I count arguably five or six real masterpieces in that filmography. He died relatively young because according to the stories told about him, he was a hard-drinking, hard-smoking, hard-carousing, hard-charging lunatic. One of the really great American directors, for sure...
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon. Bizarre, I think I liked it haha
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Then you need to see the really weird "Alucarda" from the same Mexican director, that guy named Moctezuma... I am not really sure what to make of his goofy, surreal films. He's like a low-rent Jodorowsky. Wait...that's no surprise. He produced "El Topo" for Jodorowsky. [Smile]

[ 02. September 2011, 10:13: Message edited by: Crash ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I've just watched Alucarda [Big Grin] I loved it! A much better made film than Tarr's. Very atmospheric and the demonic noises were creeptacular [Smile]
BigBen65
Rewind Curious
Member # 9950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BigBen65   Email BigBen65   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just LOVE all the Carry On movies.... as long as they have Kenneth Williams in them. He was my all time faverite in them movies!
Posts: 2 | From: PA | Registered: Sep 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home