iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The ten 80's movies that you can't get enough of.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The ten 80's movies that you can't get enough of....
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've done a top 10 fav movie topic numerous times, but with the in influx of new people... it is always fun to get their opinions and see if any of ours have changed. A top 10 is extremely tough for me...not for the top 5 necessarily, but 6 through 10 are hard to lock in from week to week it seems..

But here you go:

10. Night of the Creeps

-

The best 80's b-movie ever. Now on Blu-ray with loads of extras. Thrill Me!

9. The Heavenly Kid

-

I can understand why this might perplex a few people, but my brother introduced me to Lewis Smith and I was hooked on this movie. Love when Bobby finds out that he is Lenny's father.

8. April Fool's Day

-

Did I ever mention that I was a Deborah Foreman fan? Her performance as Buffy/Muffy was brilliant. Plus add in a cast of some 80's favs..Clayton Rohner, Deborah Goodrich, Amy Steel, Ken Olandt, and Thomas F. Wilson.

7. The Goonies

-

Hey You Guys!! Who didn't dream of going on a Goonies type adventure for lost treasure as a kid?

6. Back to the Future

-

DeLorean...Flux-Capacitor...Calvin Klein...88 MPH...Enchantment Under the Sea Dance...Pepsi Free...Marvin Berry...1.21 Gigawatts...

[ 05. March 2010, 15:47: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5. Night of the Comet

-

I said "Night of the Creeps" was the best b-movie ever.. some will argue that "Night of the Comet" is a b-movie, but I don't see it as one. Comet Zombies, Tempest, Valley Girl Cheerleader, Uzis, shopping mall, and DMK.

4. Sixteen Candles

-

Incredible cast... my fav John Hughes flick ... quotes .. Long Duk Dong .. Jake Ryan .. Farmer Ted .. underpants .. geek trapped under a glass table .. oh and a forgotten 16th birthday

3. The Lost Boys

-

Sleep all day... Party all night... Never grow old... Never die... It's fun to be a vampire!

2. Can't Buy Me Love

-

Wow after all the lack of love for Donald ... oops Ronald Miller it is scary that I still claim this movie is #2 on my list. But nobody said popularity was easy. Cindy Mancini, airplane graveyard, rhododendrons, broken moon, and the African Anteater ritual.

1. Valley Girl

-

For anyone that somehow missed it.. this link will give you insight into my love for this incredible movie...

I watched Valley Girl for the first time last night..

[ 05. March 2010, 15:44: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...

Lost Boys
Lady in White
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Children of the Corn
Goonies
Can't Buy Me Love
The Brass Ring
O.C. and Stiggs
Cloak and Dagger
Christine

Those are in no particular order...

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Karate Kid, parts I, II and III (Yes, I'm a cheat [Razz] )
2. Once Upon A Time In America
3. Rumble Fish
4. Labyrinth
5. The Shining
6. Razorback
7. Phantasm II
8. Hellraiser
9. Robocop
10. The Last Emporer

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Gremlins
2. Karate Kid
3. Back To The Future
4. The Breakfast Club
5. First Blood
6. Weird Science
7. Ghostbusters
8. Lost Boys
9. Poltergeist
10. The Toy

* And a special shout out to...and I know I may get some slack for this....FLASHDANCE!!! This film doesn't seem to get it's share of lovin, but I've seen it dozens of times as a kid, and I can still watch it over and over. Many times simply put this on as background noise when I'm trying to do something else...gives me that oooey goooey 80's feeling [Frown]

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I love this topic, a lot! Here is my list and in no particular order because with me they all rank No. 1!

Sixteen Candles--For obvious reasons know to many of you on here..

The Breakfast Club--it just means so much and really spoke to me. What a cool bunch of people; I wish I had known in real life.

The Goonies--just can't get enough, talking about it makes me want to watch it right now!

Valley Girl--absolutly great soundtrack, great cast, just great everything! Right Valley..

Ghostbusters--I am hoping that we are not disappointed by No. 3. I still laugh out loud at this one.

Night of the Comet--Another great soundtrack, which I own! I am so excited about that. I just wish that there would have been more zombies in it.

Top Gun--introduced me to the hot sizzling sex scene and of course totally hot Val Kilmer.

Secret Admirer--great idea for a film, perfectly cast. I would watch it everytime it came on.

Fortress--Something about this 1986 HBO movie makes me feel like I am watching it for the first time everytime it is on. That is great filmmaking.

Footloose--once again an awesome soundtrack, one of the best. Just watched a high school play version of this last night, not nearly the same, but it was neat to hear famous lines again.

Honorable mentions: Lost Boys, Weird Science, Gremlins, Can't Buy me Love, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, April Fool's Day, Friday the 13th (any will do), Dance til Dawn, Back to the Future, Christine, Robocop, and so many others!!!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with me? I forgot to add the Monster Squad to my list!!!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread! I've said it before and I'll say it again: half of the movies some of you guys mention; I've NEVER even heard of much less seen, for so many films (including 'Valley Girl') weren't released or barely got any coverage in Europe.

So I kind of just watched a lot of the same movies over and over, fortunately, they were all great films, classics even, which stood the test of time.

Another reason Fast Rewind is the place to be: going back and discovering other people's favourite movies, then watching them for the first time.

1. Ghostbusters

-

2. Top Gun

-

3. The Breakfast Club

-

4. Akira

-

5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

-

[ 07. March 2010, 05:04: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6. The Karate Kid

-

7. Aliens

-

8. Terminator

-

9. Predator

-

10. The Lost Boys

-

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Rocky 3
2. An American Werewolf In London
3. Sixteen Candles
4. Author Author
5. On The Right Track
6. Purple Rain
7. Goonies
8. Breakin
9. Legend Of Billie Jean
10. Fright Night

* Oh darn...forgot that I had already listed my top 10 [Wink] I could easily have gone top 30, 40, 50!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kev, that is shocking behaviour [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10. Real Genuis
 -

9. Beetlejuice
 -

8. April Fool's Day
 -

7. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
 -

6. Labyrinth
 -

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5. Just One of the Guys
 -

4. 16 Candles
 -

3. Can't Buy Me Love
 -

2. Valley Girl
 -

1. Heathers
 -

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.sixteen candles
2.can't buy me love
3.night of the creeps
4.karate kid
5.the goonies
6.night of the comet
7.weird science
8.the breakfast club
9.planes, trains & automobiles
10.fright night

the list could go on & on...i can't live without any of the movies in my collection.

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love these lists!

1) Valley Girl
2) Making the Grade
3) Joy of Sex
4) Gleaming the Cube
5) Dudes
6) Sixteen Candles
7) Tron
8) Secret Admirer
9) Tuff Turf
10) The Road Warrior

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

This just in from the department of movies that few people pick.

1. Easy Money - Rodney Dangerfields first and greatest movie filmed in my hometown of Staten Island NY. So many great one liners

2. Hamburger the motion picture. America, you're getting burger hungry. Ali with an i, Valley and Cindy Mancini know that this is my true love that only doesn't get #1 because it's so hard to get.

3. Moving Violations - Bill Murray's brother in an underrated classic. Everyone is in this movie.

4. Just one of the Guys. If you haven't seen this then stop reading my list and get out there now.

5. Better off dead. K-12 dude. John Cusack is the best ever.

6. Evil Dead 2 - Bruce Campbell and a possessed hand.

7. sixteen candles - easily the best soundtrack of any movie ever. The key is that all of the songs were big then and the groups weren't yet. Soundtracks that are picked to be awesome never count. Example - Can't hardly wait.

8. Moving - Secretly my favorite Richard Pryor movie. Dana Carvey is awesome. What ever happened to those twins?

9. Transformers (1986) - The movie that introduced me to toys that die. I didn't know it was possible. It remains a scarring movie.

10. White Water Summer. It's Kevin Bacon's hidden gem. It doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Ever.

I just didn't want to include everything that everyone else likes.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got Hamburger the movie last year. I give it full props just for the inclusion of NFL hall of famer **** Butkus.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are Moving and White Water Summer on dvd yet?
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no order

license to drive
cant buy me love
three o clock high
elm street 3
16 candles
pretty in pink
lost boys
fright night
purple rain
breakin

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops, i misread i thought it was top ten teens...never mind.
Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
pork pie mcfly...I know Moving is on a double feature with Greased Lightning, but not sure about the other....
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes this so hard for me - is I cant mix Horror movies with 80s movies. But there ARE some Horror movies that just SCREAM 80s like APRIL FOOLS DAY and LOST BOYS!

In no particular order:

16 CANDLES
VALLEY GIRL
JUST ONE OF THE GUYS
SECRET ADMIRER
BREAKFAST CLUB
PRETTY IN PINK
SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL
FERRIS BUELLER
WEIRD SCIENCE
BETTER OFF DEAD
THE SURE THING

Is that ten or eleven??? hahaha

I also love FOXES, but I consider that a 70s movie, even though it was made in 1980. IT FEELS more 70s to me.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....Ooops I forgot FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH and LITTLE DARLINGS and LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN!

Too hard. Cant do it.

[ 10. March 2010, 11:34: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard one

In no order:

The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
License to Drive
The Goonies
Gremlins
The Karate Kid
Back To The Future
Ghostbusters
The Lost Boys
Better off Dead

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I also love FOXES, but I consider that a 70s movie, even though it was made in 1980. IT FEELS more 70s to me.
Scott Baio on a skateboard? Jodie Foster? The band 'Angel'? It *is* the 70's!

quote:

16 CANDLES
VALLEY GIRL
JUST ONE OF THE GUYS
SECRET ADMIRER
BREAKFAST CLUB
PRETTY IN PINK
SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL
FERRIS BUELLER
WEIRD SCIENCE
BETTER OFF DEAD
THE SURE THING

....Ooops I forgot FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH and LITTLE DARLINGS and LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN!

Too hard. Cant do it.

But you CAN do it Mamamia!

***** [Eek!] !WITNESS! [Eek!] *****

-
 -  -
 -

THE POWER OF THE 80'S HAS TRANSFORMED YOUR LIST!

*********!!!!! [Eek!] ********* [Eek!] !!!!!*********

quote:

ALL THE JOHN HUGHES TEEN MOVIES
VALLEY GIRL
JUST ONE OF THE GUYS
SECRET ADMIRER
BREAKFAST CLUB
BETTER OFF DEAD
THE SURE THING
FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
LITTLE DARLINGS
LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home