iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

88Films will release Mountaintop Motel Massacre (1986) on blu-ray, early 2017 !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two more Vestron blu-ray releases coming :

The Lair Of The White Worm (1988) and Parents (1989)

Preliminary release date for both is set for january 31st, 2017 !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Men's Club (1986) with Harvey Keitel, Roy Scheider, Treat Williams and Jennifer Jason Leigh among others set for Blu-ray/DVD debut from Olive Films in January 2017.
Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming to Blu-ray on January 31, 2017:

The Lair of the White Worm (1988) with Amanda Donohoe and Hugh Grant
Parents (1989) with Randy Quaid and Mary Beth Hurt

Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Vinegar Syndrome will bring to blu-ray :

- Don't Answer The Phone (1980) on january 31st

- Slaughterhouse (1987) on february 28th

- Witchtrap (1989) on march 28th

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got Slaughterhouse on Blu-ray from 88 films and it was not bad at all I quite enjoyed it though the opening credits could put some folk of eating meat for a while!

Love to check out both Witchtrap and Don't Answer The Phone as I haven't seen either.

I know Scorpion are looking at releasing Silent Scream 1980 (well made I believe in 79 but not released till 80) early next year which will be pretty cool as i've not watched it for a while and it's not a bad little slasher with a good creepy atmosphere!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, i have the 88Films blu-ray of Slaughterhouse too. Still, it will be interesting to see how it compares to
the upcoming Vinegar Syndrome edition. VS has an amazing track record, with several of their 80s horror titles,
like Evils Of The Night and Hobgoblins, being rewarded a full 5 star rating for video-quality on Blu-ray.com.

I love Silent Scream too. They did a pretty good job on the dvd version, which was Scorpion's very first release, i think.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
It is rumoured that Arrow Video is preparing both House (1986) and its first sequel for blu-ray release.

No official announcement yet, but there's a discussion thread on blu-ray.com, which can be found here :

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=284313

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
It's official now ! Kino Lorber's announcement for Certain Fury (1985) :

www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20327

Absolutely gorgeous cover design too ! [Smile]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now there's a guilty pleasure for sure! Certain Fury with two former A-list actresses slumming their way through an entertaining exploitation film.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah definitely agree there Crash as Certain Fury is some real good sleazy fun,Kino have actually been releasing some really cool and obscure titles of late!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
It's official now ! Kino Lorber's announcement for Certain Fury (1985) :

www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20327

Absolutely gorgeous cover design too ! [Smile]

It's amazing how - just by using the original art - the movies look better. I've never understood why they didn't do that for DVD releases too. Someone was paid to design an eye catching poster back in the day, which was then used (usually) on the video release, but for DVD they just said 'just photoshop some **** and it'll look fine'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Shout Factory is prepping for a collector's edition Blu-ray for Red Dawn (1984) early in 2017.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yessss! Red Dawn is one they released on DVD in a special edition, but I hope this has more special features.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I love Red Dawn and have it on Blu but there's much room for improvement as the picture is not overly great for a high def transfer and like you Logan I'd much rather that they always used the original artwork!

I love the original Us one sheet poster art from above the most but i also didn't dislike the Warner VHS/Beta art below.

-

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Firestarter (1984) Collector's Edition Blu-ray from Shout Factory is dated for March 14.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
King Solomon's Mines (1985) with Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone comes to Blu-ray from Olive Films on February 21.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Brewster's Millions (1985) with Richard Pryor and John Candy due February 7.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Full specs : www.bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3417401/arrow-releasing-entire-house-collection-blu-ray-uk/

Release date : March 27th

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
House 3 The Horror Show will be the uncut version as well,love the House movies especially the first two and I don't dislike part 3 but i thought 4 was a bit weak though!
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming from Twilight Time:

Baby Boom (1987) with Diane Keaton - March 14
Woody Allen's Another Woman (1988) - April 11

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
The Gate (1987) with Stephen Dorff due on February 28
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

The next entry in 88Films' Asian Collection will be Seeding Of A Ghost (1983) which will be released on january 16th..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNHPCI0iJI

and judging from this clip it's a totally bonkers, over-the-top splatterfest ! [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Here's some interesting news :

-

Dario Argento's Opera (1987)

www.destroythebrain.com/movies/home-invasion/first-look-details-argentos-opera-blu-ray-release-scorpion-releasing

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice about Certain Fury! Get to upgrade the vhs which is always nice. So the year is almost over and still no Rad 30 year anniversary or any other edition on the horizon?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home