iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, someone's finally raiding the Columbia / Tri-Star vaults, and preparing them for region B release ?

Or perhaps this label is (un)officially connected to Sony ?

Either way, i'll have one of each.. please. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was getting really excited for the Christine and Happy Birthday To Me releases and then i realised I've already got them on Blu,Body Double though I will definitely look at picking up!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have When A Stranger Calls / Happy Birthday To Me on a double-feature blu-ray from Mill Creek Entertainment.
No extra's, but solid transfers. I'm always willing to upgrade though. [Smile]

A Christine blu-ray release (from Sony) was announced here in Holland in 2014 , but for some reason it never happened.

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
I have When A Stranger Calls / Happy Birthday To Me on a double-feature blu-ray from Mill Creek Entertainment.
No extra's, but solid transfers. I'm always willing to upgrade though. [Smile]

A Christine blu-ray release (from Sony) was announced here in Holland in 2014 , but for some reason it never happened.

Yeah I have that same release Johnny and I would be willing to upgrade as well if there release was stacked with extras and was an uncut version (I do very much doubt it) of the film instead of the R rated print found on the Millcreek double pack!

There are rumour's of a gorier version out there but are they just that rumour's?

http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/Happy_Birthday_to_Me/censorship.htm - here's a interesting little article on Happy Birthday To Me by Hysteria Lives where they seem to be in two minds as to whether they think it was actually ever cut or not!

[ 23. August 2016, 07:37: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumholes. I just bought Body Double. Grrr!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming from Twilight Time:

Moscow on the Hudson (1984) with Robin Williams - November 15
Stardust Memories (1980) with Woody Allen - December 13

Posts: 4173 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Severin Films comes full circle, as they are going to release the mondo-type shockumentary The Killing Of America (1981)
on blu-ray this october. The UK video label Exploited Films, which was a precursor to Severin, released a dvd version
in the early days of the format. The upcoming blu-ray is reported to have an alternate Japanese cut as well !

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember your topic about this but still haven´t seen the film.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking about future releases the finnish horror film Kuutamosonaatti (The Midnight Sonata, 1988) finally sees a dvd release october 14th.
It´s packed with the ´91 sequel and i´m really looking for to see these again.

Here´s the plot summary from IMDb:

"A female fashion model Anni Stark (played by Tiina Björkman) takes leave from the fashion business and goes to Finland's Lappland
(a wilderness region in Northern Finland, better known as the home of Santa Claus) for a vacation.
Little does she know that there's a totally lunatic bunch of local hillbillies living in a nearby farmhouse.
The plot thickens as one of the residents begins to harass Anni, who is left alone in the wilderness with only her dog to protect her.
Too bad for her that her dog turns out to have divided loyalties.."

Both Björkman and Katariina Souri (ex- Kärkkäinen who was also in Playboy) who stars in the sequel are very beautiful women.
Fun stuff! Too bad it´s in finnish only with no subs.

-

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Never heard of that before.. Looks interesting !

There are some clips (with lots of snowy landscapes) to be found on Youtube under its original title.

Vinegar Syndrome has officially announced their october line-up, including several David DeCoteau titles,
Deathrow Gameshow (1987) and the god-awful Hobgoblins (1988).

Details for every release can be found here : www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19821

-  -  -

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Very happy to find out that Arrow is releasing Cohen & Tate blu for us B regioners.

-

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS.

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations

Original stereo audio (uncompressed on the Blu-ray)

Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

Audio commentary by writer/director Eric Red

A Look Back at Cohen & Tate, a retrospective documentary featuring Eric Red, cinematographer Victor J. Kemper, editor Edward Abroms, and co-stars Kenneth McCabe and Harley Cross

Eric Red’s original storyboards for the opening farmhouse shoot-out

Original, uncut versions of the farmhouse and oilfield shoot-outs

Original theatrical trailer

Extensive stills gallery

Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Kim Newman

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh, you found some Midnight Sonata clips. The first film is pretty entertainning if you happen to like strange backwoods horror comedies with a winter twist [Smile]

Never heard of Deathrow Gameshow before but i see that it´s a CIP film and includes Debra Lamb so i´m interested!

The cover art for The Nighmare Sisters and Murder Weapon/Deadly Embrace releases leave a lot to be desired.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Sleeves are reversible, with different artwork on the flipside.. so that wouldn't be a problem, i guess.

The good news is that Murder Weapon and Deadly Embrace were actually shot on film (well, 16mm that is.. but still),
contrary to information on the Imdb, which claims Deadly Embrace was shot on video.
So, in the capable hands of the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome, these should turn out wonderful ! [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cohen & Tate is such an awesome thriller,Roy Scheider seems to be being served quite well on Blu-ray of late,you've got 52 Pick up also coming from Arrow,Jaws 2 from Universal plus this year you've had the great Last Embrace and The Seven-Ups on Uk label Signal One Entertainment.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Plus Still Of The Night (1982) and Night Game (1989), which were both released on blu-ray in 2015 ! [Smile]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Details for Severin's upcoming The Killing Of America blu-ray : www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19853
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Dark Sky Films will release a 30th anniversary edition of Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer (1986).
Reportedly it will be sourced from a new 4K scan of the original 16mm film. Release date is set for december 6th.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like Cohen & Tate, an excellent, but badly titled film, still in search of its cult. And Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is one of the darkest, bleakest portraits of violence on screen. It's not a film to revisit much, but it's a classic.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Code Red will release Murder Rock (1984) using the obscure title and cover art The Demon is Loose, available 2017.

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I doubt anyone knows the movie under that title ! I wonder why they chose to release it like that. [Confused]

Plus it makes no sense whatsoever. There's no demon in the movie and there aren't any supernatural elements in it.

Cool cover art though ! [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Can´t understand it either. Maybe they try to sell it as a lost Fulci film [Big Grin]
I own this R1 2-disc dvd and the cover art rocks!

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Scorpion Releasing lets The Salamander (1981) loose march 2017.
Huge cast in this one but of course that doesn´t necessarily mean it´s a good film.

Anyone seen it?

-

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Porky's II: The Next Day (1983) and Porky's Revenge (1985) will be released on December 13 from Kino Lorber.
Posts: 4173 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Wow that's some cast in Salamander,never seen it before and can't even find the trailer though it must be out there somewhere,there's a few reviews for this obscure early 80s thriller over on IMDb and sadly in general they are not very positive!

Porky's 2 and Porky's Revenge on Blu Ray is great news and the fact there being released as a double feature means more bang for your buck

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
It is rumoured Severin Films is preparing Young Warriors (1983) for a blu-ray release.

No official announcement has been made, and there's no sign of a release date yet..

Still good news though ! [Smile]

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home