iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be awesome johnny and about time too I say,hopefully it will be completely uncut and packed with extras!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about it too. Severin arranged Young Warriors / Don´t Go Near the Park double feature last month at the Egyptian Theatre.

Both Lawrence D. Foldes and James Van Patten were there.

The last line was "Looking forward to the Blu-Ray release!"

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'll definitely keep hold off my trusty old VHS (above) that has been watched countless times and has served me proud over the years but I will certainly look at picking up the Blu Ray when it hits retail!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Some cool announcements coming out what with Young Warriors for the future and the Porky's 2 and Porky's Revenge double feature announced for December.

Make my day as well if they have Dave Edmund's music video High School Nights https://youtu.be/U0c7zs9nPhM as an extra for Porky's Revenge.

I wish Sony would release more of there back catalogue as I would like to see The New Kids (1985) https://youtu.be/pmYV-W6h7qM put out to Blu Ray at some point!

[ 28. September 2016, 09:54: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i'm definitely interested in that Porky's double-feature as well.

Kino Lorber's previously announced Stryker (1983) is currently set for a january 3rd 2017 release date.

Not sure what happened to their planned Certain Fury blu-ray though..

Posts: 2181 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Yeah, i'm definitely interested in that Porky's double-feature as well.

Kino Lorber's previously announced Stryker (1983) is currently set for a january 3rd 2017 release date.

-

I forgot all about Certain Fury I hope it's still scheduled for a release somewhere down the line.

Great film and I really like the music score and end title track!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They often announce movies that just never seem to come out. I was waiting for 'One Night' (the 1990's movie with Juliette Lewis), and that didn't seem to happen.

Hope they find some features for Porky's...

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue Underground goes Dutch (literally) :

www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19948

What a wondeful announcement.. This makes me so proud ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2181 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! I remember seeing The Lift back in the day, would be fun to check it out after all these years.
Never seen Amsterdamned.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
They often announce movies that just never seem to come out. I was waiting for 'One Night' (the 1990's movie with Juliette Lewis), and that didn't seem to happen.

Hope they find some features for Porky's...

-

Leo i'd imagine that you meant 'That Night' with Juliette Lewis and if so that's a really awesome little romance and I think I also remember it being scheduled sometime back for a Blu Ray release!

Never seen Amsterdamned or The Lift but would like to,i do remember the old Warner UK VHS cover for the lift back in the day!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Leo - just Logan. But you're right, I meant 'That Night'. It never came out. I reckon it might be due to music rights.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
I reckon it might be due to music rights.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me either as there's a whole load of tracks on there - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105572/soundtrack?ref_=tt_trv_snd.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Kino Lorber will release Finders Keepers (1984) on blu-ray.

Never seen this one.. but by the looks of it, this can be a pretty zany screwball comedy, i think.

Release date is november 29th !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've seen Finders Keepers Johnny though some years back and from memory remember it being pretty good fun!

I'll probably look at picking it up along with Kino's Porky's twin pack which comes out sometime early December!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I'll keep an eye out for that Finders Keepers blu-ray.. The cover triggers my curiosity ! [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Finders Keepers is excellent! I have the finnish vhs tape

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
One for the cult crowd :

-

Mondo Macabro will release Jess Franco's The Night Has A Thousand Desires (1984), november 8th.

On the same date, they will also bring Private Vices Public Virtues (1976) to blu-ray.

I already pre-ordered my copies ! [Big Grin]

Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I'm an '80's movie fan & have never even heard of most of these films. Thanks for the info. regarding these - I will know to look for them on Blu.

The '70's & '80's are my favorite years for films, so I'm amazed that I'm constantly discovering movies from these era(s) that I've never heard of. I'm glad we have the Internet & sites like this as a resource, or I'm sure I would still never have heard of them - LOL.

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 Million Ways to Die (1986) with Jeff Bridges, Rosanna Arquette and Andy Garcia, makes its long-awaited Blu-ray/DVD debut from Kino Lorber early next year.
Posts: 4165 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:

I forgot all about Certain Fury I hope it's still scheduled for a release somewhere down the line.
Certain Fury is currently scheduled for release on february 21st, 2017.

On the same date, Kino will also release They're Playing With Fire (1984) and No Retreat No Surrender (1986).

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colors (1988) set to be out from Shout Factory early next year.
Posts: 4165 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
Colors (1988) set to be out from Shout Factory early next year.

Yes, this is good news - I saw this info. on another site as well.

Colors was a great police procedural film, with great acting by both Duvall & Penn. I saw this on DVD back in the 200X's.

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Eureka Classics will release a fully loaded special dual-format edition of the original Fright Night (1985).

The much anticipated documentary ,You're So Cool, Brewster' will be included !

Release date is set for december 26th. UK only.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming soon from Shout Factory early next year:

Firestarter (1984) with Drew Barrymore, David Keith, George C. Scott, Martin Sheen, Heather Locklear, Art Carney and Louise Fletcher
Deadtime Stories (1986)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Band of the Hand (1986) comes out from Mill Creek on January 10, 2017.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home