iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange Brew (1983) with Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas arrives on March 1.
Posts: 4174 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Nicolas Roeg's flawed but interesting Eureka (1983) gets the dual-format treatment in the UK.

Release date is set for march 28th.

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dxtra27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 164

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dxtra27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
Strange Brew (1983) with Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas arrives on March 1.

YES! One my favorite movies watching when I was a kid. Thanks for heads up!
Posts: 30 | From: Suburbs of PA | Registered: Oct 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nighthawks (1981) with Sylvester Stallone, Rutger Hauer and Billy Dee Williams comes out on May 3.
Posts: 4174 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming from Olive Films in April:

Fatal Beauty (1987) with Whoopi Goldberg and Sam Elliott
Betrayed (1988) with Debra Winger and Tom Berenger

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Haunted Honeymoon (1986) with Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner and Dom Deluise comes out later this year.
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming in March.
Sun, Sand and Sweat 4 Movie Set Blu-ray
Perfect
Hard Bodies
Spring Break
Private Resort.

Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Eureka (1983) with Gene Hackman, Rutger Hauer and Mickey Rourke comes out on May 10 from Twilight Time.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kino Lorber will unleash Cirio Santiago's post-nuke actioner Stryker (1983) on blu-ray. Release date is set for july 5th.

Check out the awesome trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=90UWwumeYc8

Plus :

It is rumoured Shout Factory will release the full uncut Death Wish 2 (1982) on blu-ray !

No official announcement has been made yet..

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've got the uncut Dutch import for - death wish 2 johnny,first time I ever watched was a real eye opener,winner certainly doesn't hold back and seemed to always love rubbing the censors up the wrong way,got to be one of the most sleazy mainstream 80s flicks out there!

[ 17. February 2016, 13:31: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Awesome news the really entertaining 1985 thriller - certain fury is being released to blu ray & dvd later in the year from kino lorber.

I'm curious to what artwork there likely to use,I'd imagine it will probably more likely be this us one sheet art (below) than what was used for the UK quad poster (above) but I'm only guessing!

-

https://youtu.be/5WYXA619EqE - certain fury trailer (1985).

[ 18. February 2016, 15:38: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I'm hoping someone will pick this one up some day soon for either a DVD or blu ray release - enemy territory from 1987 which is a really cool action thriller.

https://youtu.be/Mxcz1BUKEDk - enemy territory trailer (1987).

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Awesome news the really entertaining 1985 thriller - certain fury is being released to blu ray & dvd later in the year from kino lorber.

Finally ! [Smile]
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Zapped (1982) and The Whoopee Boys (1986) are coming to Blu-ray from Olive Films in May.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Zapped (1982) and The Whoopee Boys (1986) are coming to Blu-ray from Olive Films in May.

I would add Zapped Blu-ray to my collection!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I hope they manage to scrape together some kind of special features...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
City Heat (1984) with Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds is due on May 3.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I really enjoy zapped and don't dislike the whoopee boys either,when the price is right I'll probably upgrade to blu.

Olive films releases are usually bare bones except perhaps the odd trailer and they also normally retail quite high as well but there picture/sound transfers are most of the time fairly decent!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Olive films releases are usually bare bones except perhaps the odd trailer and they also normally retail quite high as well but there picture/sound transfers are most of the time fairly decent!

The cover sucks for Zapped. I have Olive's 'Plain Clothes' which has a commentary, I just wish they would do something like that for all their releases.

Worth pointing out they are also supposedly releasing 'Rich Kids'.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Zapped cover art sucks big time and same goes for The Whoopee Boys.
They look so cheap and... old. Yuck, old films!! Olive Films should get rid of their art director asap [Smile]

Why i´ve never heard of Rich Kids before? Maybe because i´m so poor...

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I can't stand that new artwork for zapped and the whoopee boys,I wish that they had something similar to the old us poster art or the original embassy video art below -

-

This was identical to the original UK video release except of cause for the foreign writing!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen that version before, warrior. The finnish video release followed the original US cover art.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Why i´ve never heard of Rich Kids before? Maybe because i´m so poor...
It's a really nice little movie - stars Trini Alvarado.

quote:
Never seen that version before, warrior. The finnish video release followed the original US cover art.
That's the same as the UK video cover art (except the UK one says 'Zapped!' in the correct movie font). It used to make me feel strange when I saw it in the video shop... for all the right reasons!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rich Kids was released here back in the day with this cover art but i´ve never seen it on sale.
Seems that executive producer Robert Altman got top billing [Smile]
I would love to get this one.

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
It used to make me feel strange when I saw it in the video shop... for all the right reasons!

School Spirit (1985) went a little further with the "ripping clothes" thing [Big Grin]

-

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home