iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was happy to find out that the four Michael J. Fox films will be released also here in Finland in october.
TSoMS will be with the original cover art.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Books are cheap, and original artwork is used for blu-ray covers : Life is good in Finland ! [Big Grin]

But seriously.. here in Holland, prices are still rising, our biggest independent film distributor
(whose focus lies mainly on releasing art-house movies theatrically) filed for bankruptcy last week,
and even the big studios hardly release any catalogue-titles on dvd or blu-ray anymore ! [Frown]

I seriously doubt we'll get a Secret Of My Success blu-ray here.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it´s going downhill here too release wise but thankfully the prices are still low.

Future Film have turned their back on catalogue titles, Same goes with Atlantic Film and it seems that VLMedia now releases only old finnish stuff.

We have to thank Universal and Studio Canal because they have released some good catalogue films on blu-ray this year.
All moviebuffs are ordering import stuff so i kind of understand what´s going on but it´s still sad.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting new Vinegar Syndrome releases coming october 20th :

- Demonoid ; Messenger Of Death (1981) on a blu-ray + dvd combopack

- Frightmare (aka The Horror Star, 1983) on a blu-ray + dvd combopack

- The Executioner part 2 (1984) / Frozen Scream (1975) double-feature, on dvd only

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Oh, and also the glorious return of the infamous, naked-girls-in-a-pool-of-alien-sperm semi-classic : Breeders (1986)

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Interesting new Vinegar Syndrome releases coming october 20th :

- Demonoid ; Messenger Of Death (1981) on a blu-ray + dvd combopack

- Frightmare (aka The Horror Star, 1983) on a blu-ray + dvd combopack

- The Executioner part 2 (1984) / Frozen Scream (1975) double-feature, on dvd only

-

I've got frightmare on vhs johnny under it's alternate title - the horror star,I'd need to watch it again but I think I remember it being not to bad
https://youtu.be/tEJKx6SpXu0 - johnny check out this YouTube link to the film,is this guy at the beginning the head of troma films [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yep, that's Lloyd alright ! [Big Grin]

I've never seen the movie though.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Breeders on blu? Totally bonkers film but i love these releases [Smile] I own the dvd and also have The Horror Star vhs tape.

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
That's a cool sleeve. The front-cover almost makes it look like an action / adventure movie.

Speaking of covers.. How about that Executioner part 2 poster ? That looks pretty impressive, right ?
Well, since this one has been directed by James Bryan (who also did Don't Go In The Woods.. Alone),
it's probably another micro-budget actioner, nowhere near as cool as the awesome poster may suggest.
They sure knew how to sell it though ! [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
They sure knew, the cover art was very important part of the film.
Nowadays you have 1-3 heads (or 17 like in Expendables [Big Grin] ) and that´s it! 80s rule supreme when it comes to poster art.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Scorpion Releasing brings Spellbinder (1988) and Bobbie Jo And The Outlaw (1976) to blu-ray.

-

Bobbie Jo And The Outlaw was initially planned for a dvd release in MGM's Midnite Movies Collection,
but never materialized. Eventually it did get a made-on-demand DVD-R release in 2011, but some reports
claim these discs to be defective. Scorpion Releasing now presents it complete with commentary and interviews !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spellbinder I have on an Australian region 4 DVD,I'll look at upgrading to the blu when it's released and the price is right,a fun film!

-

Pity by the sounds of it the editor wasn't much cop johnny,I'll still probably give it a go when I get chance,johnny have you heard of an 80s throwback slasher called - lost after dark which has just been released by anchorbay in the us,I've heard some pretty good things about it.

Wouldn't mind giving that a try also!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Haven't heard of that one before. Looks like a fun, little, retro-style slasher flick. [Smile]

I have to admit i'm not really up-to-date when it comes to more recent movies. I think i only bought five this year,
which are : Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac (the very very long version), Dead Snow 2, The Editor, Inherent Vice,
and It Follows. I've read some very positive reviews for that last one, but i haven't seen it yet.
I hope i haven't set my expectations too high. Has anyone seen it, by any chance ?

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It Follows is dreadful. Feels very aimed at teens. Flabbergasted by the hype.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Dammit ! [Mad]
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming to Blu-ray from Olive Films in November:

Eight Men Out (1988) with John Cusack, Charlie Sheen, Christopher Lloyd, David Strathairn and D.B. Sweeney
Making Mr. Right (1987) with John Malkovich and Ann Magnuson
Smooth Talk (1985) with Laura Dern and Treat Williams

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Solarbabies (1986) with Jason Patric, Jami Gertz and Lukas Haas heads to Blu-ray in early 2016.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
More news from the fine folks at Scream Factory :

www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17745

The House Where Evil Dwells had a fairly soft looking transfer on the MGM region 1 dvd released over a decade ago.
Scream Factory provides a new transfer, plus it's being paired up with Ghost Warrior (aka Swordkill)
for some extra samurai-orientated, 80's madness.. Pretty cool i'd say ! [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Swordkill is not to bad johnny,I have the old UK entertainment in video vhs sat on my shelf,the house where evil dwells with the giant crabs is pretty bonkers and a bit of a strange one but watchable,make a good twin pack and I'll probably look into picking up this release.

Also coming out I see is a bo dereck double pack of bolero and ghosts can't do it also in January -

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bolero-and-Ghosts-Cant-Do-It-Blu-ray/142638/

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I've always dug the cover art for - the house where evil dwells,infact i think it looks pretty awesome!

[ 19. September 2016, 07:26: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I saw Swordkill back in t he 80s and remember that WASP was in it. Did the main character watch their music video or something?
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I own Bolero and Ghosts Can´t Do It. Watched Bolero while the site was down and it was a big disappointment. Even Derek´s Tarzan, the Ape Man (1981) included more skin [Big Grin]
I need the check out Ghosts Can´t Do It one of these days.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I saw Swordkill back in t he 80s and remember that WASP was in it. Did the main character watch their music video or something?

Yeah, right before he walks out of the institute where they un-froze him.
The scene takes place about 30 minutes into the movie.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, thanks. It´s funny that some things just stick in mind.
WASP was in Finland once again last week. It feels like they are here every other month or so [Smile]

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
A Bo Derek double feature heads to Blu-ray from Shout Factory: Bolero (1984) and Ghosts Can't Do It (1990) will be released on January 12, 2016.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home