iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming on September 22 from Olive Films

Mannequin (1987) - Andrew McCarthy, Kim Cattrall
The Mighty Quinn (1989) - Denzel Washington
Prick Up Your Ears (1987) - Gary Oldman, Alfred Molina, Vanessa Redgrave
Some Kind of Hero (1982) - Richard Pryor

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Am I excited to hear about any of those??? I don't know. Mannequin maybe.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming this fall from Kino Lorber:

The Hotel New Hampshire (1984) - Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe, Nastassja Kinski and Beau Bridges

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming on December 8 from Twilight Time:

1984 (1984) with John Hurt and Richard Burton

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Cop (1988) starring James Woods and Lesley Ann Warren comes to Blu-ray later this year.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cop was pretty good back in the day
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i second that,james woods was terrific in cop,i'll definitely look at upgrading from dvd if the price is right.

might grab it of my shelf again soon as it's been a while since i last viewed it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havent seen it since it was released at theatres. So its held up well Warrior?
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woods steals the whole show--in fact, he is the whole show--in one of his best, most manic performances in Cop. Director James B. Harris, didn't direct many films, but what he did was always interesting: The Bedford Incident, Some Call it Loving (which I believe is also new to Bluray), Fast-Walking, Cop, and Boiling Point. The film was based on a James Ellroy series of books about cop Lloyd Hopkins. It's a shame that they didn't make any more.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one I'd like to watch crash which you mention - fast walking with James woods and Kay lenz and also 1979s - the onion field is another woods movie I would like to check out!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Some Call it Loving (which I believe is also new to Bluray)

Ooh, i have that one ! [Big Grin]

It was the first release on Vinegar Syndrome's brand new sub-label Etiquette Pictures.
The American Dreamer (1971) will be their next release, coming in september. Good stuff !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JRiR, I'm glad someone else is familiar with the really obscure Some Call it Loving. I saw it many years ago--sometime around 1981--and have always remembered it for its unique plot and ambience. I can't say that it's a complete success, but it sure is an interesting film--and it has a young Richard Pryor too.

YW, Woods gave some sensational performances between 1979 and 1989, starting with The Onion Field, which is one of his best. In fact, just about everything he did during the 80s was memorable: Split Image, Videodrome, Cop, Salvador, Once Upon a Time in America, Against All Odds, The Boost, Best Seller, True Believer...just an amazing body of work. Even when the film itself didn't quite work--Against All Odds--Woods was always fantastic.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it yet. But anything the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome come up with is worth my money ! [Cool]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kino Lorber is going to release Up the Creek (1984) later this year. It´s definitely time to revisit this one!

And i agree that all the James Woods films mentioned are excellent stuff! Still don´t have Fast Walking though.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the big things about these Blu Ray releases is that many of them also come with concurrent DVD releases for those who haven't got Blu Ray players.

Some of them have nice new special features included, but it's a royal pain trying to find out what ones have what. Olive Films for instance - don't bother listing special features on many of their films, even when they have them - why?!

Deadly Prey - the greatest action movie of all time - is getting a release this year.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was sad to hear that Deadly Prey writer/director David A. Prior died last weekend.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3357575/r-p-david-prior-dies-age-59/

I´ve never seen Deadly Prey but i have some other films he did, Killzone (1985) for example.
Maybe it´s time to watch this stuff.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Nightmare Weekend (1986) scheduled for a september 22nd release courtesy of Vinegar Syndrome !

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988) comes to Blu-ray later this year.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
It was sad to hear that Deadly Prey writer/director David A. Prior died last weekend.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3357575/r-p-david-prior-dies-age-59/

I´ve never seen Deadly Prey but i have some other films he did, Killzone (1985) for example.
Maybe it´s time to watch this stuff.

Sad. Rowdy Robby Piper, Amanda Peterson, Christopher Lee, Yvonne Craig - people are dropping like flies.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming from Olive Films in October:

Cheech & Chong's The Corsican Brothers (1984)
Partners (1982) with Ryan O'Neal and John Hurt
Blue City (1986) with Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Universal to Release Four Michael J. Fox Films on Blu-ray  -

-

5th Oct.

[ 12. September 2015, 12:07: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Secret of my Success is a good movie but i don´t like the new cover art.

Back to the Future 30th anniversary Flux Capacitator Edition coming soon.
Never seen the animated series before. Is it bad or really bad? [Big Grin]

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Great film but why did universal not stick with something similar to the original art,pity they are not like arrow films with there reversible cover artwork.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Coming to blu ray December 15th 2015 from scream factory are - eliminators (1986) and the dungeon master (1984) double pack and zombie high (1987) starring Virginia Madsen and Sherilyn fenn.

Also the 1962 movie - the brain that wouldn't die.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm mucho cheesed that Dungeonmaster / Eliminators is not a DVD Blu Ray combo.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home