iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breaker Morant (1980) and A Room with a View (1986) are getting the Criterion Collection treatment this September.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The House on Carroll Street (1988) with Kelly McGillis and Jeff Daniels heads to Blu-ray later this year.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleepaway Camp 2 and Sleepaway Camp 3 both came out on bluray on June 9th.
Last American Virgin has been pushed back to August 25th.

[ 21. June 2015, 06:08: Message edited by: imawalkingcorpse ]

Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming to Blu-ray from Olive Films on August 25:

The Last American Virgin (1982)
Student Bodies (1981)
Daniel (1983) with Timothy Hutton

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all coming to blu ray here in the uk over the next few months from 101 films is

-
pray for death (1985)

-
ghost warrior aka swordkill (1985)

-
missing in action (1984)

-
the adventures of hercules (1985)

-
hercules (1983)

release dates

19th october 2015 - pray for death.
10th december 2015 - ghost warrior aka swordkill.
10th december 2015 - missing in action.
26th october 2015 - the adventures of hercules.
26th october 2015 - hercules.

[ 23. June 2015, 12:03: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, I can't wait [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic stuff, warrior!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Witness (1985) with Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis and Lukas Haas is coming to Blu-ray on October 13!
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Tony Scott's The Hunger (1983) starring Catherine Deneuve, Susan Sarandon and David Bowie heads to Blu-ray from Warner Archive later this summer.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

coming to blu ray here in the uk on august 10th 2015 from fabolous films is the 1984 comedy blame it on rio starring michael caine and a young demi moore.

always enjoyed this one,i think it's pretty good fun.

the hunger,not seen that for a few years,i wouldn't mind checking that out again if i get chance!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Gee, I can't wait [Roll Eyes]

but bernie look at the acting talent you got there - sho kosugi,lou ferringo,chuck norris etc

i'm surprised at you [Big Grin]

[ 02. July 2015, 00:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
The Big Picture (1989) starring Kevin Bacon comes to Blu-ray on September 15.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

coming not long after it's us blu ray debut to here in the uk is the sci-fi action adventure - cherry 2000 starring melanie griffith which is being released to blu ray here in the uk by signal one entertainment on october 12th 2015.

also coming to blu ray in the uk

-

on august 31st 2015 also from signal one entertainment is - river's edge starring keanu reeves,crispin glover and ione skye.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

coming from 101 films to blu ray here in the uk on october the 5th 2015 is another sho kosugi action flick from 1987 - rage of honour.

https://youtu.be/3Si9DEfijBQ rage of honour trailer - (at the 30 second mark) that sho kosugi sure has got some throw on him, he must throw that bloke a good 30 feet off that balcony .

[ 07. July 2015, 16:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A few good 80s titles here in amongst yesterday's scream factory 10 blu Ray title announcement.

Ghost story is pretty good fun as is troll,nightmares was a bit of a mixed bag but I wouldn't mind checking it out again,never seen the garbage pail kids.

Return of the living dead is a classic,also like the guardian from 1990 and the car from 1977.

Not seen - women's prison massacre,blood and lace or death becomes her.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
The World According to Garp (1982) heads to Blu-ray from Warner Archive later this summer.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
The Land Before Time (1988) is on Blu-ray on October 13.
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Land Before Time coming to Blu-Ray? Wow, that's pretty cool. I used to love that film as a kid.

I really want to see Troll (1986) and River's Edge (1986).

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like The Land Before Time too. I saw it at a now long-closed drive-in. I can't remember what the co-feature was. I think it was some Godzilla film. [Smile]

Troll is fun, with Michael Moriarty giving a particularly energetic performances. And River's Edge is a small gem. It's very well written, acted, and directed.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally watched River´s Edge while the site was down. It was good but not a classic IMO, maybe i should´ve seen it when i was younger.
The cast is huge and Crispin is fantastic once again but if i had to choose one Tim Hunter film, i´d choose Tex.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I second what crash says about both river's edge and troll chloe,just stay well away from the god awful troll 2 which might be hard as they always seem to include it as a double feature with the original.

From the titles above the one I'm surprised I never got round to watching is death becomes her,might have to finally check that one out at some point!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Never seen tex atomik,but it does look like something I'd like,you can't go far wrong with matt dillon, Emilio estevez and Jennifer Tilly in the cast.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prisoners Of The Lost Universe (1983) starring Kay Lenz gets the combopack treatment by UK company Odeon.

Trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QWN8bg3xLk

I have to admit i had never even heard of this one before, so i went to Youtube and came across that trailer.

Is it just me, or does that fight-scene at 0.50 look suspiciously similar to the one between Michael Douglas
and the Nubian wrestler in The Jewel Of The Nile two years later ??

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I own Prisoners Of The Lost Universe. I will check it out and give few comments.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did some vintage video catalogue searching, and apparently Prisoners Of The Lost Universe was released here
on video back in the day by a company named Palma Video (which i have never heard of).

I'm actually surprised this title stayed under my radar for so long. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home