iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming August 25 from Imprint:

Drugstore Cowboy (1989)

Posts: 4173 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wraith (1986) comes July 20 from the Vestron Collector's Series
Posts: 4173 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming September 21 from Kino Lorber:

Masquerade (1988) with Rob Lowe, Meg Tilly and Kim Cattrall

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming August 10 from Warner Archive:

One Crazy Summer (1986)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming this fall from Paramount:

Ragtime (1981)

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being someone who doesn't and hasn't had a Blu Ray Player, I was wondering for old film that were created in a time when that technology didn't exist, is there a massive improvement? I have seen side-by-side comparisons on YouTube between DVD and Blu Ray and you could see a noticable difference, but I'm wondering does make the experience so much greater as it to be worth the investment?
I ask purely for an educational inquiry, I'm not trying to ruin it for anyone no. I ask too as I watched a video and a guy was talking about playing games on computers and consoles from the 80s and 90s on a high definition television and he said that it was showing up things that you wouldn't see on a CRT Television as they were not designed with HD Television in mind as they didn't exist.

Is there any accuracy in that or I just talking a load of Grade A Reconstituted Bovine Manure?

Thank you [Smile]

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming August 24 from Warner Archive:

Prince of the City (1981)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming October 19 from Mill Creek:

Renegades (1989) with Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips and Jami Gertz

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in October:

Night Shift (1982)
Deadly Friend (1986)
Killer Party (1986)
The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper (1981)
Steel Dawn (1987)

TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed Night Shift, Deadly Friend and Steel Dawn, 3 more to get on Blu-ray.
Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in December:

The Four Seasons (1981)
Going Berserk (1983)
My Stepmother is an Alien (1988)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in January from Paramount:

Going Ape! (1981)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in March from Paramount:

Ordinary People (1980)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in February from Shout/Scream Factory:

Alligator (1980)
Summer School (1987)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming to March from Scream Factory:

The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming March 15 from Paramount:

The Accused (1988)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming March 15 from Lionsgate:

Dream a Little Dream (1989)

imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thenodfather:
Being someone who doesn't and hasn't had a Blu Ray Player, I was wondering for old film that were created in a time when that technology didn't exist, is there a massive improvement? I have seen side-by-side comparisons on YouTube between DVD and Blu Ray and you could see a noticable difference, but I'm wondering does make the experience so much greater as it to be worth the investment?
I ask purely for an educational inquiry, I'm not trying to ruin it for anyone no. I ask too as I watched a video and a guy was talking about playing games on computers and consoles from the 80s and 90s on a high definition television and he said that it was showing up things that you wouldn't see on a CRT Television as they were not designed with HD Television in mind as they didn't exist.

Is there any accuracy in that or I just talking a load of Grade A Reconstituted Bovine Manure?

Thank you [Smile]

There is quite a difference in video and audio. Most Blu rays actually give it the colors and audio that you would have heard in the theater in the 80's.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in May from Paramount:

Top Secret (1984)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Two Kevin Costner films from 1985 arrive April 12 from Warner Archive: American Flyers and Fandango.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming April 26 from Paramount:

Thief of Hearts (1984)
King David (1985)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in June from Mill Creek:

Cross My Heart (1987)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming May 17 from Lionsgate:

Extreme Prejudice (1987)

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

L'Année des Méduses (a.k.a. Year Of The Jellyfish, 1984) coming to blu-ray from Cohen Media on may 10th.

Valérie Kaprisky's most nudity filled effort.. Nuff said ! [Wink]

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, Johnny! Just happened to visit the site and there´s something interesting going on [Smile]

I have Year of the Jellyfish on vhs (yes i STILL have those) but somehow i´ve never watched it but i sure need to. Even more nudity than in La Femme publique? [Big Grin]

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home