iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie.. you're the best.. around!. ha .. now that is awkward. btw, who is gonna be next?

Pitts.. that bites about your friend from the past having a controlling husband with obviously no self-confidence to say such outlandish stuff. I feel bad for her.

Kev.. I'm not going to say too much at the moment, but congrats dude and totally keep us updated .. we are rooting hard for you in every way.

[ 06. August 2011, 09:17: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the best to you and your family Kev [Smile]

Eek, I do sort of cringe when people mention school reunions. That's one of the last things I'd wanna do lol [Smile]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kev - That's awesome, I sincerely hope everything goes well for you and your Bride. [Smile]

Thanks Pitts! I'm totally fine with running into people, but I found it funny that it happened twice in one week and the conversations were just very strange...call me shy haha.

As for school reunions.. no way, Jose.. not for me. I skipped my 10 year. Highschool was a blur anyway!

Oh and I think you just tried to compliment me, Val in an 'awkward' way, of course.. only you! [Razz]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. A bit of an emotional roller coaster, as we're trying to be excited, but proceeding cautiously for obvious reasons.

Re high school reunions, we didn't have a 10 year reunion either. I didn't really fit in high school, but not for any reasons that "jump out at ya"...just kinda under the radar. I was nice to literally everyone, and could socialize with most, but never really great friends with any one group, with a few exceptions. * The reunion was actually quite important for me for that reason...I kinda grew into myself. I always felt that people had low expectations of me, and didn't expect much...for some reason I needed to show them they were wrong. I literally shook every person's hand very firmly and looked each and every one in the eye...a kind of "I done alright" moment. I know it shouldn't have mattered as much as it did, but it did for some reason.

Sorry for rambling, but wanting to put one more thing in perspective. I was never a great scholar and during the last two years of high school, I was working 30 + hours at a gas station while going to school full time. Never had plans to go to University, rather, take a trade of some sort. I so vividly remember driving past a University about an hour away from my town with a group of friends while in grade 12...they all started rambling about what college they were going to, what they would do, and someone laughed and stated that in the future, they would come to the gas station I worked at, and I could put gas in their nice car. That is very literally the exact moment I decided that I would go to University.....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kev, sounds like you went to school with a bunch jerks, who are those guys that you got to impress them with what you do or dont do.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least it's Wednesday.. [Smile]

Kids are going back to school this week. I am so glad that we are getting closer towards the Fall because the heat and humidity here, is just too much. I love winter in Phoenix because it's not really that cold but it gets chilly and it's perfect.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what is everyone up to? I know alot of kids are going back to school this week and the next, as Ronnie mentioned. I hope this means quieter streets at night (they love to race up and down our street all night). I am debating on whether or not to take a mini-vacation at the end of October or just save my money and take a full week next year in the fall. I really want to go to Montauk and maybe we'll just wait for that next year. Has anyone been there before? I looked at a few places to rent- one was a condo, one was a trailer/mobile home and one was a cottage; all fairly reasonably priced for the Hamptons. I am not rich, but I want to see Long Island, always have wanted to see it. And the cost will be about the same as if I rented a place anywhere else near the shore. If any of you has been there or near Montauk, let me know what you think and what restaurants you would recommend.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
All the best to you and your family Kev [Smile]

Eek, I do sort of cringe when people mention school reunions. That's one of the last things I'd wanna do lol [Smile]

I have to echo that.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

I'll take a synthesizer over auto-tune, any day.

[Smile]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
I'll take a synthesizer over auto-tune, any day.

[Smile]

For the love of god will people *stop* using autotune?! It's gonna reaaaaally date this era when it goes out of fashion! It doesn't even make songs sound better!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched the movies stardust memories and the legacy both in the same day, and strangely enough both movies had a rolls royce car breakdown in them. in any other movie i had never seen a rolls royce breakdown, and then twice in the same day in two way different movies.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an owner/driver of British cars for years, I can assure you that they break down. in fact, my experience has been, the more expensive, the more likely to need a full-time mechanic in your garage. [Wink]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
whats the make and model crash?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been through Land Rovers, MGs ("MG" stands for "mostly garage" because there is always something leaking from the crank case), and Triumphs myself. My brother can add Austins, Rover cars, and Range Rovers. I have had friends with Austin-Healeys, Jaguars, and Bentleys. They were all beautiful machines, a joy to drive when running, but the problems were always related to some sort of really poor design. For example, a friend had an Austin-Healey 3000 Mark III, the Sean Connery James Bond car. The master clutch cylinder was always failing. But, of course, in the Brit design paradigm of the 1960's, the clutch cylinder and brake cylinder were together, so that when the one cylinder failed, you also had no brakes. He drove it for three months like this--no clutch, no brakes. I was like, "My gosh, man, how the heck did you drive it?" He said that if you owned a British car, you learned the tricks. Push it into a coast out of your driveway, jump in, and start it. If you watch the tachometer, you can shift without the clutch. And if you downshift carefully, you never have to use the brakes at stop lights and stop signs, etc. You just creep up on them." Of course, my friend is completely nuts. (He still has the car in his garage. It hasn't moved in 25 years.)

The 12-cylinder Jags, while incredibly fast, were notorious for gumming up and running on less than the 12 cylinders. Old Bentleys, with all those hand-tooled, one-of-a-kind parts, were mechanical disasters too. And one more joke at the expense of the British car industry: Folks who've owned British cars know that a magic ingredient makes them work--smoke. When the smoke comes out, they stop running. [Smile] (There is some truth to that. The Lucas electrical system in British cars of that era was hideous--cloth-insulated wires with a positive ground and a negative hot wire, an unbelievably bad design.)

Despite all my carping, I still love them though and miss every one of them that I owned. They are just such cool cars. [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
what was the million dollar one rowan atkinson crashed?
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just back from my very first driving lesson ever! thought it went quite well [Smile]
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
amaranth what car are driving?
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a peugeot 209
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch Madeon - Pop Culture video and feel the Nathan Barnatt vibe.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever feel disheartened by people........then stupid that you even let them make you feel that way?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too much, sigh.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I completely understand, MT and HS. It's not life that ever disappoints me. It's the people in life who sometimes do. The best advice I ever heard, and yet the hardest to take myself on a daily basis is that "Only I can make myself unhappy. Other folks do not control the way that I feel." If I could only truly follow that daily affirmation... [Smile]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoo, I agree with ya. I'm going to have this put on my headstone: "Sorry, it's too late. I don't have time for you. You see, I'm gone forever now and you had no time for me while I was living."
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Ever feel disheartened by people........then stupid that you even let them make you feel that way?

To quote Billy Hicks from St. Elmo's Fire..."I think I'm in touch with that emotion."

Keep your head up Muffy Girl! [Wink]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:

Ms Mancini just keep busy taking a bath, washing your hair and being out of the country [Wink]

Wish I could but when I hear that darn lawnmower in my yard, I can't resist!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home