iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 90)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Wick is very well made and very, very entertaining. I know a lot of people criticize Keanu Reeves for his acting, but when you give him a part like this that fits him like a glove, he's dynamite. The number of goons Keanu takes out is really high, something like 77, and did you notice, YW, his style is a double tap to the head? LOL I can't wait for the sequel. Oh yeah, Ian McShane is great as the proprietor of a hotel for assassins which has quite specific house rules.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keanu Reeves seemed to drop of the radar for a while there but it now seems that he's making a bit of a comeback though I've read some pretty negative reviews about his latest Exposed which is a 2016 crime drama dealing with the well worn theme of police corruption.

I'd say John Wick is definitely one of the better revenge thrillers that they've done for a while and is a movie that i feel certainly warrants a sequel,talking of sequels I see that Keanu and Alex Winter are going to reprise there roles for a Bill & Ted 3 which if done right could be fun.

-

I think the Keanu Reeves movie I'm most curious about at the moment is the 2015 horror thriller Knock Knock which I've read mostly bad reviews for but for some reason i still feel the urge to want to watch it!

Have you seen it Crash?

[ 29. April 2016, 21:44: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knock Knock was ok. I hated all the main characters so it was hard to take a side lol.

John Wick is great!

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely Anything (2015) starring Simon Pegg, Kate Beckinsale, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Eddie Izzard, Robin Williams and the surviving Monty Python team.

Funny comedy, if a little predictable in places, about a schoolteacher who gains the power to do anything he wants, as a test by aliens to see whether the earth is worth saving. Beckinsale plays the 'unattainable' love interest in the flat below

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched two movies on Dutch TV the past few days :

Journey 2 ; The Mysterious Island (2012)

Entertaining family adventure (but mostly aimed at kids) starring Dwayne -The Rock- Johnson, Michael Caine,
a cute Vanessa Hudgens, and a very annoying Luis Guzmán.

World War Z (2013)

Impressive mass zombie scenes (especially the attack on Jeruzalem, Israel) do not make a good movie.
The whole movie is rather tame and bloodless, and failed to keep me interested all the way through.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen Eli Roth's Knock Knock, but I have seen the original Death Game a/k/a The Seducers (1977), which had an excellent cast of Seymour Cassel, Colleen Camp, and Sondra Locke. It's a flawed, but interesting, film, a product of its time, with good performances as psychos by Camp and Locke and a jaw-dropping ending. Cassel didn't much like the way the filming was going so he didn't participate in the post-production. He's dubbed by another actor, which just adds to the surreal weirdness of the proceedings.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Special Correspondents, written and directed by Ricky Gervais, with Gervais, Eric Bana, Vera Farmiga, Kelly Macdonald, and Kevin Pollak. I think that it is pretty much official: I've given up on Ricky Gervais, who has been floundering for the better part of a decade. This Netflix film, a remake of a French comedy, has exactly two good things gong for it: First, finally, at long last, someone recognized that Eric Bana, who had his own sketch comedy show on Australian TV, is actually a good comic actor. Except for Munich, he's been mostly misused as a dramatic actor ever since he came to Hollywood. And second, the always excellent Vera Farmiga is, not surprisingly, a fine comic actress too. She and Bana are good. Everything else is pretty terrible, from the dull TV-movie direction to the extremely weak, mostly laugh-deprived script. Folks like Kevin Pollak and Kelly Macdonald have nothing to do except stand around, with the usually reliable Macdonald adopting a high-pitched, whiny, and annoying American accent as Gervais's potential love interest. This is easily her worst performance ever. All in all, Gervais managed to take the nugget of a good plot idea and turn it into a nearly complete disaster. (Maybe he should've called Stephen Merchant.)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched the Spike Lee MJ documentary Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off the Wall (2016).

Lots of interesting info here and it´s great to see all these studio execs and awesome musicians.
However, i think that Mr. Lee has interviewed too many friends of his and the short comment from the director himself was completely useless.
The music is great of course and i loved all the archive bits and pieces.
I´ve actually never heard Off the Wall in it´s entirety so i may have to purchase the album.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Butterfly Effect (2004) - This was really good! It had me on the edge of my seat. Definitely worth a watch! 10/10 [Smile]
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
I have not seen Eli Roth's Knock Knock, but I have seen the original Death Game a/k/a The Seducers (1977), which had an excellent cast of Seymour Cassel, Colleen Camp, and Sondra Locke. It's a flawed, but interesting, film, a product of its time, with good performances as psychos by Camp and Locke and a jaw-dropping ending. Cassel didn't much like the way the filming was going so he didn't participate in the post-production. He's dubbed by another actor, which just adds to the surreal weirdness of the proceedings.

-

Death Game sounds completely nuts Crash and i wouldn't mind checking it out especially to laugh at the dubbed Seymour Cassel but it's really difficult to get your hands on as It now seems to be long out of print!

This is one actually you'd like to see some behind the scenes footage for as it sounded like it was absolute mayhem on set!

This and a Klaus kinski movie now that would be interesting as he was meant to have been absolutely murder to work with!

The Butterfly Effect is a really great movie Chloe, not seen the 2nd part but have seen part 3 and that has very little connection to the original film but it's still quite watchable!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Knock Knock was ok. I hated all the main characters so it was hard to take a side lol.

John Wick is great!

Helen throughout the film did they keep doing Knock Knock jokes? [Big Grin]

Knock Knock
Who's there ?
Keanu !
Keanu who ?
Keanu let me in, it's cold out here!

[ 03. May 2016, 12:43: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Death Game a/k/a The Seducers is up on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpvmNzYdI8

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
John Wick is very well made and very, very entertaining. I know a lot of people criticize Keanu Reeves for his acting, but when you give him a part like this that fits him like a glove, he's dynamite. The number of goons Keanu takes out is really high, something like 77, and did you notice, YW, his style is a double tap to the head? LOL I can't wait for the sequel. Oh yeah, Ian McShane is great as the proprietor of a hotel for assassins which has quite specific house rules.

We went to see John Wick in the theater (a rarity for us lately) and really enjoyed it. I agree Crash, Keanu was meant for this part. I hope the sequel is just as good.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:

John Wick is great!

Helen throughout the film did they keep doing Knock Knock jokes? [Big Grin]

Knock Knock
Who's there ?
Keanu !
Keanu who ?
Keanu let me in, it's cold out here!

Oh [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Drive Angry (2011)

Well, this certainly goes high into my guilty pleasures list ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Drive Angry is a guilty pleasure for me too. I saw it in a theatre in 3D. What I enjoyed the most about it, in addition to William Fichtner's funny performance as Satan's accountant, is that it doesn't pretend to be anything other than a stupid, trashy exploitation film.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Me three!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I watched and loved Stitches. Really funny. It was like a cross between the wonderful TV show Psychoville and the elm street sequels.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I have seen that Psychoville is streaming in the US. I'll have to check it out.

What's that great line that Fichtner has about Satan in Drive Angry? "Satan is simply the warden of a very large prison. Quiet man actually, thoughtful, and he's well read." ROFL.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hahaha!

I know you will love Psychoville!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I agree Drive Angry is a total blast and not to be taken the least bit serious,I can't at this very moment think of the director's name with out looking it up but I'm sure he also done the My Bloody Valentine remake which while not a patch on the 1981 original was still a lot of fun to watch!

Last night I checked out the recently released thriller Standoff (2016).

-

A great little thriller this was with a couple of very decent performances from Larry Fishburne and Thomas Jane which more or less takes place entirely in one building (a remote country farmhouse) and as the title suggests plays out like one long standoff between a contract killer as played by Larry Fishburne and a war veteran as played by Thomas Jane.

-

The plot kicks off with Larry Fishburne carrying out a hit at a funeral (a very low key funeral at that as there's only a couple of people in attendance and it's being held at a cemetary in the middle of nowhere) and while carrying out this dastardly deed he is caught on camera by a young girl who has been brought to the cemetary by her guardian to visit her parents grave,when Fishburne realises that the young girl not only witnessed the killings that he has just committed but also has his face on film he quickly gives chase pursuing her from the cemetary to a nearby farmhouse which is owned by Thomas Jane.

-

Then it's basically a case of let the battle commence with the hired killer Larry Fishburne going up against the troubled (recently lost his son,hit the bottle etc) war veteran Thomas Jane who will do anything he can to protect the innocent young girl from this ruthless killer!

-

Tense stuff this that had me glued to the screen for its relatively short running time of just 80 minutes and it is one that I can whole heartedly recommend to any thriller fans out there!

I always thought Thomas Jane didn't make too bad a punisher what did you guys think?

https://youtu.be/RgQH6snjLj4 - Standoff trailer (2016).

[ 08. May 2016, 17:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Vancouver-based film editor Patrick Lussier directed Drive Angry as well as the remake of My Bloody Valentine.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
I always thought Thomas Jane didn't make too bad a punisher what did you guys think?

I haven't seen that version of The Punisher, but he was absolutely fantastic as Todd Parker in Boogie Nights !

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Jane for me is an infuriating talent. He can be good as in Boogie Nights, and he can be terrible as in Under Suspicion. OK, in Under Suspicion he's acting with Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman, but that's no excuse for overacting even when he's just standing in a room. The only performance of overacting--or rather, posturing--this bad is Matt LeBlanc in the movie version of Lost in Space. He's up against Gary Oldman, who's only there for rent money, yet LeBlanc's hilariously bad without saying a word. There was an episode of Friends where LeBlanc's Joey was demonstrating the "fish hook eyebrow" acting technique, which was hilarious. Sadly, that is the way LeBlanc really acts. He actually used it in Lost in Space. [Smile]

[ 09. May 2016, 17:54: Message edited by: Crash ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
You can definitely tell that Thomas Jane isn't overly picky about his roles nowadays i think that he's another one that just turns up grabs his cheque then runs.

He could be the next Eric Roberts!

[ 10. May 2016, 16:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home