iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 00 horror movie you watched (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Last 00 horror movie you watched
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
gonna watch LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, read some of your guy's reviews here and and so i am definitely giving it a go.
good call Ronnie, this movie is a must see unless your one of few that just cant stand reading subtitles. I was surprise at how this movie affected me. i watched it not knowing anything about it. great film
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFTER. LIFE: Not very good. This story couldve been told in a half hour TALES FROM THE CRYOT episode.

Christina Ricci: Im not dead
Liam Neeson: You ARE dead
Liam Neeson: Yes, you are.
Liam Neeson: Why do you annoying dead people keep insisting your still alive when Ive already told you twice your dead! Your dead! Dead, dammit! Deal with it.

Skip it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Fragile...started out sloooow but got really good.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Collector--Now, I'm all for horror, gore, whatever. But torture?? That's a bit much for me, and that's all the Collector was--a torture movie. I mean, it had somewhat of a plot and whatever, but ugh. I looked away from the TV more often than I looked at it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I didnt care for that one either. Why was the dude even breakinging into their house to torture them? Did he have a motive?

Im a HUGE Horror fan but "violence for the sake of violence" sorta turns me off. I like motives. I like a little more STORY. Sadly nowadays a LOT of Horror is someone tying someone to a chair and torturing them for an hour and twenty minutes. I wish this Horror trend would die and die fast.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yeah, I never got why he was breaking into their houses either. And the part where he saved the spider (right after killing someone) was a little...odd. I mean really you're gonna torture an entire family of people (and their cat) but you're gonna save a spider???
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Venom (2005)

-

Just finished watching this in it's entirety for the first time..And it wasn't bad...I actually rather enjoyed this one. Thumbs up [Smile]

[ 29. October 2010, 03:31: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Venom is a good movie. Glad you liked it.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I watched one called Hoboken Hollow. I'd never even heard of it, but I got it at Walmart for $5.00. It was on a disc with three other movies. It had Dennis Hopper, C.Thomas Howell, Robert Carradine and Michael Madsen. It was really good...supposedly based on a true story.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Sunday a.k.a. 9 wat (2010):
 -

A very good Thai Horror film that I can highly recommended for any fan of the Genre. Well acted, Creepy, Great Cinematograpghy, and even dramatic in some parts. The only flaw I see in this film is that the plot can get a bit confusing and hard to follow at some points. Especially due to the fact that it's english subtitled. But other than that it makes for a great late night, alone-in-the-dark viewing experience. [Smile]

[ 19. December 2010, 12:50: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will be giving this one a go.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
clive barkers the plague James van der beek (dawsons creek) was a bit like children of the damned and children of the corn rolled in to one
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Shallow Ground
The Reeds
Buried Alive
Dark House

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Crazies (2010) last night.
It was a good movie, some minor flaws but all in all it was entertaining 90+ minutes.
Decent cast, nice small town setting and spooky, intense atmosphere.

I´ve seen the original ´73 Romero film once in the late 80s
but don´t remember anything about it.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty fan what is the reeds like,i've seen kill theory and the final and thought they were both really good,i think i can remeber liking hoboken hollow ,i'm sure jason connery also appeared in it. venom and the crazies also get the thumbs up, i really liked the collector,ok it did not have the most logical plot out there,but i would say that's 99% of horror films in general! just watched john carpenter's the ward and though nothing amazing i quite enjoyed it!

[ 21. May 2011, 03:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trick 'r Treat (2007) last night.

It was very good and had a great atmosphere which is really important.
Cool kids, pretty ladies and scary monsters.
Can we have a sequel, please!

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

The Reeds is about these friends who go on a boat ride through this swampy area and stuff starts to happen to them. It's just okay...nothing great.
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nightmare on elm street (2010) The film was ok, but no one can play Kruger like Robert Englund. The new freddys mask was terrible, he just wasnt scary, didnt have the freddy sense of humour which makes the originals. I just kept thinking thats the guy from watchmen hes not freddy [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree amaranth. this nightmare was to the rest of them as indy 4 was to its orginal trilogy, a very crappy addition
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Piranah...the last half hour or so of the movie was good...I could've done w/o all the t & a throughout the movie though.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"In this third installment of the Final Destination series, a student's premonition of a deadly rollercoaster ride saves her life and a lucky few, but not from death itself which seeks out those who escaped their fate."

I really enjoy this series.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a sequel is in the works for Trick R treat atomik, I really enjoy the original,I also like the Final Destination series especially the first few entries.

-

Someone above mentioned Venom (2005),now that's a cool and underatted modern horror flick,I have a budget blu ray of it and though it's in the wrong wide screen aspect ratio (its meant to be 2.35 but instead is in 1.78 ) i'd still say that it's well worth the cheap price that it's going for!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Here's a few random modern horrors of my shelfs from 2000 onwards that I think are worth checking out!

Stag Night,The Ward,Night Of The Wolf - Late Phases,Monster Man,Alone With Her (which is more of a thriller) and The Orphan.

-

100 Feet,Fingerprints,Demonic,Mother's Day,Devil and Dolan's Cadillac (again more of a thriller) which is based on a Stephen King story.

[ 22. March 2016, 14:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"When Kimberly has a violent premonition of a highway pileup she blocks the freeway, keeping a few others meant to die, safe...Or are they? The survivors mysteriously start dying and it's up to Kimberly to stop it before she's next."

My favourite of the sequels. The pile-up scene is well done:

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´ve seen the first two and i agree, great scene ^
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home