iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 00 horror movie you watched (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Last 00 horror movie you watched
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolf Creek ("How can you be found when no one knows you're missing?").
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just seen the new Friday the 13th and have to say i didn't think it was as bad as some people make it out to be.
Now i know the story is not original and only a rework of bits of the first 3 films,but this type of franchise is never going to develop anything really original story wise.
As far as the new Jason goes he was ok and i like the way they decided to make him quicker and more athletic,if anything it makes him a scarier killer as he would not be as easy to outwit.Though i have to say Kane Hodder is still the best Jason.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched last house on the left last night. It was ok in its story line, very suspenseful. Except for the un-necessary rape scene the rest of the movie was pretty good especially if ya like a good revenge flick. I wont say no more as to not spoil it but I do reccomend chekin it out.
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That unnecessary rape scene is the exact reason I won't watch it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
That unnecessary rape scene is the exact reason I won't watch it.

The only thing I can say about that is you can see it coming a mile away so you can keep your finger on the fast forward button and buzz right thru it. I know what your sayin though, why wreck a movie with garbage like that.
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Halloween 2. I was kind of hoping it would be better than the first Rob Zombie remake since it presumably wouldn't need to spend half the movie on inflated backstory and could just concentrate on straight-ahead slasher action. Well, that didn't help. It was even worse than the first one. I know a lot of people just love his work, so I realize that I risk touching off a whole ridiculous debate here, but I've come to the conclusion that Rob Zombie is the Michael Bay of horror - just an overblown hack who epitomizes style over substance.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we watched dreamscapes last night it started good but then got corny hubby fell asleep on the couch not a good sign lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the Halloween 2 remake as well...kinda liked the first one, but not a fan of part 2. I disliked any scenes with Rob Zombie's wife as Michael Myers' dead mother, and I really don't like what Zombie did with the Loomis character. As alwyas, the originals are always better.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every movie he makes has the exact same look and style. It's all a bunch of flashy cinematography and editing that looks like he's trying to emulate a Nine Inch Nails or Marilyn Manson video from the '90s. And aesthetically, he just revels in white trash, '70s kitsch, grime. That was alright when he was doing House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects since they were homages to '70s revenge/torture flicks like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Last House on the Left (which were low budget, southern, '70s, and grimy looking) but for Halloween it's grossly out of place and makes him look like a one-trick pony. I don't know...maybe he'll improve with time.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see anything wrong with his style.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Trick r Treat--very good!
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Trick r Treat as well...liked it a lot!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched FRAYED. It was too long and it had like 4 false endings. No Sir. I did not care for it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Orphan--very good...has a twisted ending....
FcMovies
Rewind Curious
Member # 8402

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for FcMovies   Email FcMovies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stan helsing. The movie was "meh" material. I'd give it a 6 or 7
Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

The Children
The Nun
Wrong Turn 3

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have THE CHILDREN in my house right now. How was it?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

The Children was okay. I think it had potential to be better....everyone in the movie got on my nerves, LOL. But it'll make you glad that children don't usually act like those did...
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
oh so it was sort of a blessing to see those annoying ******** get wasted, huh? I hear ya!

I'll watch it either tonight or tomorrow night.

I also rented a horror flick for the weekend called DEADGIRL thst supposed to be pretty good.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
UPDATE: Yeah, it was okay. I had hear RAVE reviews... I think its always shocking when the villains are children in these things, sort up ups the creep factor. But REALLY, it didnt rock my world and the people in it were pretty damn stupid and the kids were annoying even before they "truned"! (By the way, what the Hell made them "turn" in the first place? Was that ever mentioned???
pettyfan
Member # 2260

No, I don't think it did. I wondered what made them turn too.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we went to the red box today and wanted to rent either train or deadlines but of course neither was available so we got the star trek movie instead has anyone seen the other two scary movies? are they worth watching?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Alive or Dead...it was, well, it was interesting.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
A German vampire flick called FROSTBITTEN (although when the title came up on screen it was spelled "FROSTBITEN") Pretty good actually. I would recommend, especially around this time of the year, as the whole thing takes place in the snow!
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY I had heard ahead of time it was either a Love It or Hate it movie. Well, I hated it. What a bore. My husband liked it though.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home