iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I was 9 absolutely freaking because armageddon was going to happen in 1990. I am a bit more optimistic/realistic about the whole end of the earth now.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont worry about it, its nothing i can control, so why fret?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we're still here.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Can anyone explain to me why people feel that it is their privelage to behave in the most absolutely rudest way at the grocery store? I was waiting in line patiently as the woman in front of me was getting rung up and then paying. The woman behind me, who had an infant and two small children with her, started to load up the conveyor belt with her groceries and each time she put more stuff on the belt, she shoved me. I finally told her "I can't move up any further- that woman is still getting rung up and paying." The woman behind me was also on welfare and also had those checks from WIC for free groceries. She had them lined up on the conveyor belt with each item. Anyhoo, then she says "I'm gonna flip the **** out!" right in front of her small children! All because I told her to quit shoving me and I could not move up any further until the woman in front of me left!
I am getting to the point where I just dread going to the grocery store because of all of the rude people I encounter there! People are always trying to skip the line. You know what- If I see someone has fewer items than me, I usually tell them to go in front of me. But I don't like when people assume that "I'm not in line". Last week I had a woman ask me if I was in line- YES-can't you see I'm standing behind the man who is being rung up and there is also a woman in line behind me! Don't be rude! Aaaahh! I just needed to vent.

Quoted for truth. I feel your pain. It's the "me" culture. I'M WITH YOU!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iim....saying....anything
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You go dude!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok here is something to say, why dont they make cars like they used to. the body style of those new challengers look very weak compared to the orginal. ah, those classics look really nice.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they are ugly Good Package. In other news, I'm down 19lbs. I've got a lonnnnng way to go though.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
hey good job on that, what are you doing to get those results
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Now it´s a stamp!
The famous Mikael Granlund lacrosse goal against Russia at IIHF World Championship 2011.

In case you haven´t seen it before, check it here:

Mikael Granlund - Amazing Goal against Russia (Finland at IIHF World Championship 2011)

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Nice stamp atomik.
Good Package- I cut back my portions sizes and carbs. Also cut back on the booze. I've been doing exercise videos on Exercise Tv, because we have had rain for almost two months here- every stinking day!

amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boohoo i'm going to be off for a while my little darling daughter has broke my laptop
[Frown] so i'm using the library computer hopefully i will be getting hubby to buy a new one for me fingers crossed

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, hope you get a new one soon. Know how you feel. Was lost without the internet recently lol

Wonder where oneyedwilly's got to.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps he has come down with a case of Helenitis [Smile]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gattaca_Forever97
Rewinder
Member # 8277

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gattaca_Forever97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have I introduced myself propperly up until now? If not, then... I'm a 29 years-old kind of a momentary loser from Bucharest. :-P
Actually, I'm well versed into e-journalism on the social-educational niche, but... that's life; *my* life, for now. Anyway, I'm also foundable at YouTube and on Facebook! :-D

"StarryMan82" + "BertRaccoon82" + "DaNutcase8210" - YouTube

"Virgona Vilius82" - Facebook

Enjoy! ;-)

Posts: 40 | From: Bucharest, Romania | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Perhaps he has come down with a case of Helenitis [Smile]

- How rude [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
So hi kids..you're old pal Pyro has an incredible urge to go on an ultra-pessimistic rant a little bit about how crappy things are right now...

Yes, things are certainly pretty cruddy right now. No Job, yet again...have barely enough money to keep a roof over my head..and now I must once again turn to my parent, and any random strangers willing to lend a helping hand to help get through this seemingly endless realm of both financial and emotional despression.

I know all too well that this entire planet is doomed and on a downward spiral to almost inevitable mass destruction by our own hands. There is little to no faith left to be had for our government to get us out of this period of turmoil. So, yeah..you can call me a pessimistic fool for having a foreseen vision of literally millions of people becoming homeless here in the very near future, myself included.

I'm saying this now because the day is quickly approaching where I won't have internet access as freely as I do at this present moment. I'm damn close to losing a place to live and with virtually NO leads on a job of any sort, that could quickly become a reality here very soon.

So, just in case that happens I'd like you all to know now that I've enjoyed my time on the rewind very much. And I've really loved conversing with all of you. and I wish you all the best in life.

p.s.
..let's hope I'm just being a little premature about all this and things somehow DO actually work themselves out.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Pyro, best of luck in finding a job. Are you on your own PC, or do you go elsewhere? I know a friend of mine used to go use the library's computer for about 2 hours a day when she didn't have the money to buy a new one. It was good for her to catch up on emails, etc. Just a thought to help you out. Is there any way you could rent a place with a friend or anyone who needs a roommate?
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with everything Pyro. Someone once said that if you were in a circle with a number of people, and everyone threw their problems in the middle....you may be quite happy to walk away with your own. Certainly not to lessen how you are feeling...just to help put things in perspective....lots of rich guys out there dying from cancer, for example. Keep your head up dude...and I hope things get better for you soon.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pyro.. I felt just horrible reading your posting. I'm sad that you are going through such a rough patch and hope things turn around for you quickly.

You have become a big part of the Rewind.. so I hope you are able to still find a way to be here as much as possible.

The most important thing though is to take care of yourself currently in whatever way necessary to make ends meet.. but definitely know you have friends here.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, its been forever since my last post. i miss the rewind !!! im glad my thread is still going strong after such a long time. i hope all is well with all the rewinders !
this heat is crazy already ! cant wait to see the electric bill...
pyro, thats a rough post. im not sure where your from or anything, but im looking to hire two more people for my company. p.m. me for details. id love to help if i could.
hows everyones summer goin ? ready to get the kids back to school or what ? [Smile]

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell you, it's blast from the past week.. isn't it always fun when you run into a couple of people from way back, like early teens and you wonder who's gonna be next? haha

It can be fun seeing someone after so long and all, but awkward at the same time. [Eek!]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

That sounds cool Ronnie. I never see anyone I know. There were so many people that went to college with me that were originally from where I live now, yet I have only seen one girl I was friends with, and that was over 10 years ago. I thought that we could get together and re-ignite our friendship, but it turned out her husband is one of those obsessive control freaks. He even told her she was "not allowed" to talk about her past or anything about her college years!
Ronnie, don't know what could be awkward about people meeting up with you after a few years- you are a bright, attractive woman!

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
what is so bad about talking about the past, her husband sounds like a moron. i dont know any of these people but i willing to bet real money she would have alot more fun with someone else.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope everyone is doing well. A few things to note for me:

* This is officially the worst weather for summer we've ever had...lots of rain and cooler than usual temps. Very depressing...winters can be harsh here and summer is always a nice treat...quite a let down.

* A couple weeks back attended my 20 year high school reunion (Grads of 91'). A great time and lots of people attended...a great night with old friends.

* My son turns five at the end of August, then starting school in September. Happy and a little sad at the same time. He's anxious to go so hopefully that's a good sign....he seems ready, so that makes it easier too.

* Last week got to see my all time favorite band...U2. Here in the maritimes we don't often get big bands. This was a lifelong dream and they did not disappoint!

* Last but not least....many of you know that me and my wife had a miscarriage in April....well....we certainly planned to wait a bit longer before trying again, however, due to a little mix up re times to conceive, very specifically on my birthday (April 30)(sorry if that's sharing too much) ....we are four months pregnant today, and as far as a recent ultrasound shows...with a healthy and active little boy or girl.

Hoping all my Rewind friends are doing well.....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home