iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 41)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, broken screen now sorted. Bit of catching up to do !
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well just started on season one of Starsky & Hutch. Not the greatest of the seventies cops shows, but certainly very entertaining. Couldn't turn down 22 50 minute episodes and a feature length pilot for the astounding price of £3.70 on Amazon (Uk region 2). Also bought season 3 for £3.50, another 23 episodes. Works out at about 20p/hour !!!
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's quite tempting lol

The Wicker Man  -

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suspiria (1977)

Not my favorite Argento flick but it´s a great easter witch movie [Cool]

Suspiria trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grease- Its just fantastic the ultimate film that never ages, i let my 2 youngest see it for the first time and they loved it too, its amazing it just doesnt seem that old when you watch it!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amaranth, great job!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
suspiria, had some wild carpeted walls, plus i liked that militant german woman and the soundtrack was kooky.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked Suspiria because it is an "experience," with a capital E, with all that weirdness: the decor, the oversaturated Technicolor, the crazy soundtrack, the dubbing... [Smile] Even if you aren't a fan of it, you have to admit that you haven't seen anything like it.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Dog Day Afternoon last week. It was really good. Now on for my search for more of the 70's movies you all recommended!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, HelenS, the original Wicker Man- wow- I don't even have words to describe how I feel about it. Let's just say I think it is a really strange weird movie. But still a good flick.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched the phantasm awhile back, and didnt like it. couldnt figure out what the heck was going on story wise, what was the deal with the demon midgets?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Another great series of films. Bargain in the UK (again) about £15 for a box set of the whole series with a bumber set of extras. Amazing that Don Coscarelli was only in his mid twenties when the first film was made.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds (1972). Joanne Woodward, Nell Potts, Roberta Wallach and Judith Lowry. A reclusive alcoholic boor of a single mother resides in a grubby home with her two daughters, to whom she is controlling as well as abusive. Based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning play by Paul Zindel, who wrote the screenplay.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
That's quite tempting lol

The Wicker Man  -

-

Great movie Helen. It certainly left an impression on me. A true masterpiece. A very different movie. Creativity has certainly taken a landslide since then [Smile] I love the usage of the masks in that movie.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Horizon (1973). Peter Finch, Liv Ullmann, Sally Kellerman, George Kennedy, Michael York, Olivia Hussey, Bobby Van, James Shigeta, Charles Boyer and John Gielgud. Survivors of a plane crash in the Himalayas are brought to the paradise of Shangri-La, where long life, immaculate health and absolute happiness are the standard. Based on the novel by James Hilton.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ipcress File (1965)

In London, a counter espionage agent deals with his own bureaucracy while investigating the kidnapping and brainwashing of British scientists. -- IMDb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:

The Wicker Man  -

-

^
Great movie. The ending still gets me.  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big bird cage (1972) Pam Grier , Sid Haig- Actually not a bad movie, i thought it was going to be all nudity etc but it wasnt- Its about a womans jungle prison and Grier and Haig are revolutionaries that come to free the prisoners
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (1962). Tom Courtenay, Michael Redgrave, Avis Bunnage, Alec McCowen, James Bolam, Joe Robinson, Dervis Ward, Topsy Jane and Julia Foster. A refractory youth who is serving an imprisonment term at a juvenile prison for theft from a bakery comes to gain the governor's respect let alone favour and is picked to take part in a track race against the students of a local public school.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo (1977)
 -

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Went the Day Well? (1942). Leslie Banks, Elizabeth Allen, Frank Lawton, Basil Sydney, Valerie Taylor, Mervyn Johns, Edward Rigby, Marie Lehr, C.V. France, David Farrar, Muriel George, Thora Hird and Norman Pierce. In the Second World War, when German troops masked as British soldiers take possession of a British village to prepare the way for an invasion of Great Britain, then the inhabitants resist them.

[ 15. May 2011, 03:53: Message edited by: Lovers with Cassie ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
National Lampoon's: Animal House (1978)
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a classic. Love it.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
This Scene never fails to crack me up.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Is there anything in the world, you hate as much as that horse."

Great scene.

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home