iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » breakin' 2: electric boogaloo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: breakin' 2: electric boogaloo
JayDee
Rewind Curious
Member # 259

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JayDee   Email JayDee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably isn't the most traditional use for a forum post, but I'm getting desperate. Can anyone tell me the name of the song, in the scene where Turbo is dancing in their bedroom, up along the walls and across the roof? I've had it stuck in my head for weeks now, and I'm desperate to find it. Just asking the one favour, then I won't bother you again.
~JayDee

Posts: 1 | From: Geraldton, WA, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
born in the eighties
Master Rewinder
Member # 627

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for born in the eighties   Email born in the eighties   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhhh...see i have the song stuck in my head..well heres the possible tracklisting..

i think its "SET IT OUT"by midway..i think, not sure!!
its funny though, i ordered the soundtrack just recently it should be here by next week, i can tell you then!!!

Posts: 109 | From: london | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's "I Don't Wanna Come Down" by Mark Scott.

I have the original Betamax, VHS, DVD & soundtrack CD of Breakin' 2. Want the original soundtrack CD of Breakin' but I don't have $100+ spare...

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
born in the eighties
Master Rewinder
Member # 627

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for born in the eighties   Email born in the eighties   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think you can purchase the breakin ost for about 10-30 bucks...on ebay.com
Posts: 109 | From: london | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Breakin' LP which I got off eBay for £10 I think it was (about $15) but the original Breakin' CD goes for over $100 every time it's listed.
Much like The Wraith soundtrack CD, got the LP for £10 but the CD also goes for over $100.

Oh to be rich :)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news, bad news about the release of "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo" on DVD...

It is coming out as part of MGM's Spring line-up of DVDs. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the disc is pan-and-scan...for those cineastes of the board, they know what I'm talking about. For those who aren't, you know how on VHS, movies tend to go from side to side when people are talking and when action is taking place, while the cutting-off of heads and legs takes place as well? That's pan-and-scan, and "B2: Electric Boogaloo" has fallen victim to it.

Sorry about that news, guys...

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...the Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

Do you have any details of the release? will it be stereo?

I hope it'll be done properly this time, the UK DVD of it is extremely poor, it appears to have been transferred from an NTSC laserdisc, meaning the film was put to laserdisc with the 3:2 pulldown applied (as standard with films put to NTSC) and then framerate converted to PAL.
The result is awful, no smooth motion at all, plus there's a green tint to the picture and the mono sound wasn't cleaned up at all as there's a high-pitch whine in the background - my Betamax copy looks and plays better than that DVD!

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks flamethrower. i didn't know it was gonna be released on dvd. good thing i read this thread. ;)
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home