iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember seeing that poster for prom night 2 at the video store and wandering what is scary about this, its just a lady, but on the other hand same time period the large marge bit on pee wee's big adventure scared the hell outta me
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually the large marge bit still kind of spooks me, and i forgot what point i was trying to make, if i had a point to begin with
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -

Forgot how much i loved this one!

Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
July 13 2012
 -
 -
 -

July 14 2012
 -
 -

Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
We been having problems with our net so I got rest of the the movies watch [Wink]

-  -  -

Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween 3 Season of the Witch on the big screen last week at the best theater in the world, Alamo Draft House. This weekend, same theater, Christine. I can't wait!
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING 80'S
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7744

4 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KING 80'S   Email KING 80'S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DR. GIGGLES. SUCH GREAT 80'S MEMORIES! HORROR IN THE 80'S WAS, IS & ALWAYS WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE HORROR THEY HAVE OUT NOW...
Posts: 95 | From: CANADA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching The Nesting...pretty good so far.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

La morte vivante aka The Living Dead Girl (1982)

"A toxic spill revives a beautiful, dead heiress who, with the help of her childhood friend,
must quench her insatiable thirst for blood." (IMDb)

Another Jean Rollin horror feature with lots of nudity, blood and weird behavior.
It was ok but i think that i like Fascination a bit more.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melancholy and sorrow reign supreme !

No matter what one's opinion may be, Rollin movies are certainly unlike any other ! [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night of the Living Dead 1990 i still count it as an 80's.

Fright Night 1985 still don't under stand why there needed to be a remake, other than to try and cash in on the original.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you on both of those remakes, perfectly "good," but unnecessary films. I didn't find that either one of them brought anything new or really different to the material.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, never watched all of the original Night of the Living Dead all the way through. But the better make up effects were an improvement and I also liked the fates of the 1990 remakes characters better than the original.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
But as far as Fright Night goes, picture can't be improved from the 1980's cinematrophy in my opinion, not to mention music, wardrobe, sets, and every thing else the 80's had that makes it more interesting than things today. The actors of the remake don't compare to the originals, the only thing they can do different is try an modernize the characters, fashion, and music which only hurts the movie in my opinion, add shaky camera work and attempt to pass CGI effects off.
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
Dressed to Kill
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great topic.. Just watched these:

-
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Spit On Your Grave...wow...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Creepshow 2 (1987)

Three more bone-chilling tales that include a vengeful wooden Native American, a monstrous blob in a lake, and a hitchhiker who wants revenge and will not die. -- IMDb

Although not as good as the original, it contains my favourite story, "The Raft".

"I BEAT YOU! HAHAHA! I BEAT YOU!"

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creepshow 2 is pretty underated if you ask me,I think all three stories are pretty decent especially the last 2 - the raft and hitchhicker,the hitchhiker Is quite funny,the amount of times the poor guys run over and he's hanging of the car and you can hear him keep saying "thanks for the ride lady",I think that's probably my personal fave out of em all.

The raft is also very entertaining,where the woman is lying down on the raft and she turns her face over and its been consumed by the thing in the lake and the end when the guys made it and you think he's got to safety just for that one final twist.

I don't dislike the first story either - old chief woodenhead or the wrap around cartoon segment with the boy billy and the Venus fly trap.

I like both creepshows,I think they are both really good,they did do a cheap in name only 3rd part some while back which was direct to DVD and by all accounts a real stinker.

I don't think it will ever happen but I Wish they'd do a proper 3rd instalment,one that had a decent sized budget,a quality cast and a great director at the reigns,I reckon it would do reasonable business as there's not been many of these horror anthologys of late.

[ 22. April 2013, 08:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home