iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House on the Edge of the Park (1980)

I found this Ruggero Deodato exploitation movie surprisingly lame.
Yes, some of the sexual scenes are pretty disturbing but it was low on gore and not frightening at all.
I hated those rich SOB´s! [Smile]

David Hess was once again fun to watch and the house looked great.
I also liked the score and i have heard that Helen likes it too [Wink]

I wonder if they will actually shoot the sequel The House on the Edge of the Park part II

I own this scandi dvd:

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

watched john carpenter's excellent 1987 horror movie prince of darkness starring donald pleasance,jameson parker,lisa blount and big trouble in little china's victor wong and dennis dun.

-

also features a very creepy looking alice cooper .

really enjoyed this one,superbly directed by john carpenter and with excellent performances from a great cast, the music score http://youtu.be/fkfKUrwxPfQ also by carpenter is first rate and really adds to the overall atmosphere.

i can remember when this was first released it was generally not very well received by the critics but has over the years built up a bit of a fanbase.

myself personally i agree with quite a few of the comments i've read suggesting this is probably one of john carpenter's most underated movies.

one thing i never realised till i just read it was the opening credits go on for a whopping 9 minutes -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093777/trivia?tab=cz .

-

great movie!

[ 20. May 2012, 15:34: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prince of Darkness is one of the many John Carpenter classics!
I love the atmosphere and how the 9 minute opening credits builds up the tension.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great write-up Warrior!

I haven't watched "Prince of Darkness" in several years. I meant to watch it awhile back when it was mentioned on the Zombie Thread, but forgot.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is this. Weekend at Bernies is apparently one of the most 'harrowing horror' movies ever [Wink]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Does anyone else know Adventures in Babysitting as A Night On The Town? That is what I have always known it as here in Australia, and on a side note have always been a big fan of Daryl Coopersmith.

"That's the guy who kicked my *** last summer for touching his car which I didn't do."

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Holland it was released on video as A Night On The Town as well. (released in october '88
to be exactly)

The dvd released here in 2003 was titled Adventures in Babysitting though.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Damn DVD releases!

Glad to see someone else remembers this movie as A Night On The Town too.

As much as I know that Adventures in Babysitting is the original title because it was made in USA it just doesn't sit well for me because I have always known it by this 'inferior' title.

I really used to love this movie back in the day.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It was "Ilta Kaupungilla" which is a translation from "A Night on the Town" here too [Smile]

Haha, a horror movie thread and we are talking about a Chris Columbus flick [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yay. Up yours American go getters. Just kidding [Wink]

I thought some light humour with these movies somehow making it into the 80's horror thread was called for [Cool]

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow .. that's almost as bad as me trying to convince everyone that "The Karate Kid" is actually a horror flick that is perfect for Halloween:

The Karate Kid Thread - Halloween

So why do you think they changed the name of "Adventure In Babysitting" for other countries? Do they not have Babysitters for young kids?

"Adventures In Nannysitting"?

"Adventures In Au Pairsitting"?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

watched hell night starring linda blair,vincent van patten,peter barton and suki goodwin.

atmospheric haunted house horror where four pledges have to stay the night in a reputed haunted mansion- garth manor where 12 years previously a father massacred his whole family.

-
garth manor

skillfully directed by tom desimone who also made the fun w.i.p flicks concrete jungle and reform school girls he manages here to squeeze quite a bit of tension from a rather cliched plot.

saying that back when this came out remembering this was one of the earlier 80s horror/slasher entries (81) the plot of the teens spending a night in a haunted house being stalked by a deformed killer probably still seemed fairly original.

-

executive producer was chuck russell who went on to direct the likes of a nightmare on elm street 3,the blob ,eraser and the massive jim carrey hit the mask.
irwin yablans exc.producer on halloween 1,2 and 3 was also along with bruce cohn curtis(dreamscape) the producers here.

-
linda blair - 1981 golden raspberry nominee for hell night.

featuring decent enough performances from all involved(though blair was nominated for a golden raspberry award for her performance here that year), a cool music score and some great location shooting,notably - kimberly crest mansion http://www.kimberlycrest.org/about_house.html in redlands california which makes for the very creepy looking garth manor.

make hell night an above average entry in the haunted house horror/slasher genre.

i really enjoyed it overall and rate it a strong 8/10

-

http://youtu.be/WK89XlOUWms- hell night trailer

[ 27. May 2012, 14:41: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Another great Linda Blair movie!
And about the award nomination... Linda loves to eat raspberries, especially golden ones [Big Grin]

Tom DeSimone and Chuck Russell rock too!

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

When a bumbling pair of employees at a medical supply warehouse accidentally release a deadly gas into the air, the vapors cause the dead to re-animate as they go on a rampage through Louisville, Kentucky seeking their favorite food, brains. -- IMDb

My all-time favourite Zombie flick.

-  -  -  -  - out of 5

- -- More Brains!

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - <----Trailer

Before man walked the earth...it slept for centuries. It is evil. It is real. It is awakening.  -

-  -  -  - out of 5

An often overlooked gem.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -

DAMN FORGOT HOW AWFUL THESE TWO WAS!

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
 -

An often overlooked gem.

For sure! Love that one, J2ME. Watched it recently myself.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KDawg33
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for KDawg33   Email KDawg33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maniac Cop. First time viewing this masterpiece tonight, I'm rather enjoying this!!
Posts: 28 | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Screaming Like Banshees! It's....Night of The Creeps (1986)

Alien brain parasites, entering humans through the mouth, turn their host into a killing zombie. Some teenagers start to fight against them. -- IMDb

-

-  -  -  - out of 5

"Zombies, exploding heads, creepy-crawlies... and a date for the formal. This is classic, Spanky. "

Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 -
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home