iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday the 13th Part 7.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Cries in the Night (1980) aka Funeral Home

"A young woman named Heather arrives at her grandparents' house, which used to be a funeral home,
to help her turn the place into a bed-and-breakfast inn.
Soon after they open, however, guests begin to disappear." (Wikipedia)

Summer is almost here and that´s my horror movie season.
Started the season with this Canadian film last night.
It was directed by William Fruet ( Bedroom Eyes, Killer Party still haven´t seen this one)
and stars Lesleh Donaldson ( Happy Birthday to Me which i haven´t seen, Curtains), Kay Hawtrey,
Alf Humphreys ( My Bloody Valentine), Barry Morse, Dean Garbett and Stephen E. Miller.

The cast did a decent job, nobody shines but i don´t remember any annoying characters either.

This movie mostly relies on the spooky atmosphere and lacks nudity and gore.
I liked it though, it has few necessary horror movie elements:
black cat, creepy village idiot, old house with a basement and a rather familiar twist.
Good stuff!

Finnish VHS cover art
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Terminal Choice (1985) aka Deathbed.

"A patient in an hospital dies under mysterious circumstances.
The attending doctor Fank Holt gets under suspect - he'd been fired already from his last position due to mispractice.
For his defence he investigates with help of doctor Anna Lang.
Soon they find out that half of their colleagues were betting on the patient's diagnosises
- was someone trying to increase his chances? But when Frank's friend,
dissector Mary Connor, becomes deadly sick, he suspects there's even more to it." (IMDb)

This was a cool Canadian hospital horror film directed by Sheldon Larry.
Starring Joe "Hill Street Blues" Spano, Diane Venora ( F/X, Heat, The Substitute), David McCallum, Robert Joy,
Don Francks, Nicholas Campbell and Ellen Barkin as the Dodson Clinic pathologist! [Smile]

Loved the cast and the Dodson Clinic hi-tech settings.
Lots of blood, some nudity and excellent eerie (dare i say semi-Cronenbergian [Cool] ) feel.
Check it out!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Nightmare Sisters (1988)

"Melody, Marci, and Mickey are three geeky college girls who can't get a date. One night, they invite some geeky college guys over and have a seance
that results in the girls becoming possessed and turning into sex starved vamps. Will the geek hero guys be able to stop the horrible (?) possession?" (IMDb)

This was a fun ultra low-budget (40 000$, shot in four days) horror comedy written by Kenneth J. Hall (Dr. Alien) and directed by David DeCoteau (Creepozoids, Dr. Alien).
The films stars Linnea Quigley, Brinke Stevens and Michelle Bauer (as Michelle McLellan). I´ve always had hots for Bauer, she´s a peach [Smile]
Nothing much happens during the first 40 minutes but after the seance, things get juicier [Wink] The second half includes lots of nudity, coolish punky tunes (Quigley has a solo spot),
funny exorcist and finally we can also see the demon Succubus. Check it out if you enjoy silly low-budget horror flicks!

[ 26. January 2015, 02:37: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your right atomik Michele Bauer is definitely a sight for the eyes,over on the mr skin nudity hall of fame it states she has done a total of 66 nude roles - wow!
and scores a 4 out 5 on there ratings system,not sure what they call it,must be something like the nudeometer

Never seen nightmare sisters but i see you got a right gathering of scream queens there what with Linnea quigley and brinke stevens,in fact atomik have you seen these conventions they have in burbank California - day of the scream queens, here's this years one - http://www.horrorsociety.com/2014/08/26/2nd-annual-david-decoteaus-day-scream-queens-convention-need-see-guest-list/ check that out for a guest list,you'd get the chance to meet all three of the above as well as Adrienne barbeau,dee wallace stone,ginger Lynn allen,Judy landers,Donna Wilkes etc,etc.

-

The only trouble it's a bit out of my reach by about 5000 miles!

[ 30. January 2015, 12:34: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chopping Mall.. if you can call it a horror movie.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A man conjures up a gigantic vengeance demon called Pumpkinhead to destroy the teenagers who accidentally killed his son."

I really enjoyed this one. The practical effects were excellent.

Making of

[ 17. February 2015, 08:02: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you'd like it j2me,i've only seen the second one out of the sequels but I believe none of them come close to Stan Winston's original.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Explore the origins of "dream demon" Freddy Krueger in this award-winning documentary that takes you behind the scenes of the most frightening and imaginative horror franchise in motion picture history!"

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"A group of people stop by a mansion during a storm and discover two magical toy makers, and their haunted collection of dolls."

-
"That's the way to do it!"

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Last few days:
 -

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

watched bloody birthday on blu ray (rental),what a blast this movie is,3 angelic looking kids that were born during an eclipse going round commiting gruesome murders.

forgot how much fun this one was,i do actually own the dvd (same anchorbay edition as above) but i wanted to see how much of a step up in quality the blu was and it's definitely noticeable.

infact for a rather low budget early 80s horror it looks mighty fine,the lossless hd audio sounds a vast improvement as well.

a real lot of fun and comes highly recommended.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
^ I really liked "Bloody Birthday".

-

Curtains:

"Six young actresses auditioning for a movie role at a remote mansion are targeted by a mysterious masked murderer."

An enjoyable, above average horror.

Wrong Turn:

"Six people find themselves trapped in the woods of West Virginia, hunted down by "cannibalistic mountain men grossly disfigured through generations of in-breeding."

Gruesome! Pretty good flick.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Las Casa 3 aka Ghosthouse (1988)

"Visions of a deceased girl and her doll bring doom to the visitors of a deserted house." (IMDb)

This was a very typical ghosthouse film directed by Umberto Lenzi.
Some dude made bad things twenty years ago. Now few young adults enter this house and pay the price.

The best thing in this film is the devilish nursery rhyme we can hear every time someone enters the place.
This was filmed in the same house Lucio Fulci used few years earlier in The House by the Cemetery.
Don´t know if i expected too much because this felt like a small disappointment.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A priest battles a demon that kills sinners in the act of sinning - taken from imdb.

watched the 1988 horror - the unholy which i thought was pretty decent overall and a lot more enjoyable than how i had remembered it being from watching it previously sometime back

terrific cast here included the great hal holbrook(magnum force) an actor who i've always rated very highly plus you've also got ben cross,trevor howard and ned beatty so as you can see it's not a bad cast at all.

there's also some pretty great gore effects on display and quite a smattering of nudity so i'd say it definitely warrant's it's r rating (18 certificate here in the uk) and i must say it felt like a breath of fresh air after an overdose of pg - 13 horror's that i seemed to have been watching as of late.

there are a couple of downsides here though and one is that it does seem to move at a bit of a snails pace at times especially during the mid section(i'd say the 40 minute - 1hr mark is where it's most noticeable) but then picks up rather well for it's daft but very entertaining finale.

-
actress jill carroll,i'm not sure who it is to the right of her i think it might be gene simmons from kiss.

my major gripe though and always has been with this movie is how god awful the devil creature (which has a huge pointy tongue that would even give gene simmons from kiss a run for his money) looks when it is revealed in the final few minutes and there's also these two hilarious looking demon midgets hacking about all over the place,i couldn't stop myself from laughing!

definitely did like this one though and pleased that i picked it up and for the 3 uk pounds that i paid for it i'd say it was well worth the purchase!

https://youtu.be/B-39xlYox1I - the unholy (1988) trailer

-
The demon midget tag team versus priest father michael (ben cross) in - the unholy.

[ 18. July 2015, 01:09: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"After a young girl is gang raped by a crew of construction workers, someone starts killing off members of the group with a nail gun." (IMDb)

Nail Gun Massacre (1985) was superfun ultra low-budget "horror" film. Cool killer, lots of dead bodies, some nudity and very cool sound effects.
Entertaining stuff if you don´t take it too seriously.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ghost House was a favorite of mine when I was a kid!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
Blood Beach.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

It was time to re-visit Zombi Holocaust (1980).. this time on the recently released UK blu-ray from 88Films.

One would have thought i had grown into more "sophisticated" types of movies over the years..

well.. no, not really [Big Grin]

The UK blu-ray features a restored print, which doesn't look too clean and smooth, thank god..
It still retains its gritty look with numerous anomalies still present, just the way it should be !
I have never seen the earlier blu-ray version which was released in the US a couple of years ago,
so i can't compare the two.. but i'm pretty sure the 88Films version is as good as it could (or should) be.

Among the extra's is the excellent documentary Eaten Alive ; The Rise And Fall Of The Italian Cannibal Film
which runs 85 min. !
(The same documentary can also be found on Grindhouse Releasing's Cannibal Ferox US blu-ray release)
There's also a recently recorded Q&A with actor Ian McCulloch (48 min.), plus some other extra's carried over
from previous dvd editions, as well as a booklet with yet another McCulloch interview.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Murder Weapon (1989)

This was a decent low budget horror flick directed by David DeCoteau.
The first 30 mins is pretty dull stuff but it gets better when pretty stars Linnea Quigley and Karen Russell invite all their old boyfriends and of course they start disappearing one by one.
Nudity, wicked kills and lots of fun dialog.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Leviathan (1989)

"Underwater deep-sea miners encounter a Soviet wreck and bring back a dangerous cargo to their base on the ocean floor with horrifying results."

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you enjoy Leviathon J2ME. I remember liking it at the theater.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched for the very first time the 1989 horror comedy - sundown vampire in retreat which is directed by Anthony hickox (waxworks) and stars Deborah foreman,Maxwell caulfield,David carradine,Morgan Brittany,Bruce Campbell,m Emmet walsh amongst many others.

Very wacky horror comedy this that features a lot of the craziness that made director Anthony hickox's earlier horror hit - waxworks so much fun!

Maxwell caulfield is the standout here for me in what is virtually an all star cast,he's a lot of fun in this and i feel quite an underrated actor.

Well worth checking out! 7.5/10.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Still haven´t seen Sundown but sure would like to!

Watched Dead & Buried (1981) last night. Pretty entertaining mystery horror film but not a classic by any means.
It was directed by Gary Sherman (Vice Squad, Wanted: Dead or Alive, Lisa) and stars James Farentino, Melody Anderson, Jack Albertson and Lisa Blount.
You can also see Robert Englund and Barry Corbin in small roles.
I liked the atmosphere and i must say that it feels like a long Twilight Zone episode. But hey, there´s nothing wrong with that!

-

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home